• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
russianswede919293

Wings have made an Offer for Jason Blake

Rate this topic

blake is like RedBull on ice, he has one speed and that is GO! he has plenty of energy

I enjoy a nice Redbull on ice. Oh...and I like Blake too. I'm not saying I'd buy his jersey when he comes to Detroit but I wouldn't contemplate his sudden disappearance from the team bus like I do Lilja's every day.

Don't get mad if you've heard/said this, but.... The Isle are still in the playoffs, seem to have a decent team. I want Blake as bad as anybody else, but he's pretty important to their team. Not sure they'd give us him, especially withouit us having to give a arm and a leg for him

Same reason they traded Parrish last year, even though they werent in the hunt then but $$$ the perverbial big bucj pay raise that Wang only gives in 15 year deals...and Blake isnt playing until he is 48

I enjoy a nice Redbull on ice. Oh...and I like Blake too. I'm not saying I'd buy his jersey when he comes to Detroit but I wouldn't contemplate his sudden disappearance from the team bus like I do Lilja's every day.

well, if the bus hits a big speed bump, we all know HR40 is hiding nearby sniggering

I think the key words in the article were bidding war. I cant imagine any bidding war being won with Williams and a pick. Be realistic please!

Rest assured...it will be Hudler and picks.

Yeah, no one wants Williams. If a trade does go down, Hudler will most likely be involved.

I think Lilja is about another month away from actually receiving death threats :lol:

Same reason they traded Parrish last year, even though they werent in the hunt then but $$$ the perverbial big bucj pay raise that Wang only gives in 15 year deals...and Blake isnt playing until he is 48

But don't you think they'll want a lot for him...

I don't see how penalty commission and defensive gaffes will serve our purposes in the playoffs. We already have Robert Lang, anyway.

^^

Utterly uninformed post

Martin Lapointe has 59 PIMs in which 25 minutes of those are fighting majors. This leaves 34 minutes in minors, barring any misconducts he may have recieved. Jason Blake has 24 minutes, not much of a difference. Now the kicker, 7 Red Wings have more than 34 minutes without majors, including both Zetterberg and Lidstrom. So i ask you, where my friend are all these needless penalties Mr Lapointe is guilty off?

But don't you think they'll want a lot for him...

Oh I do think they'll want a lot for him, I think they would want a lot for them if they were out of the playoffs too, I was just saying why they would be willing to trade him.

***EDIT***

But Tkachuk went for a lot and they want just as much for Guerin and the Blues aren't really in contention for the playoffs so I just think the market is high regardless...

Edited by russianswede919293

Don't get mad if you've heard/said this, but.... The Isle are still in the playoffs, seem to have a decent team. I want Blake as bad as anybody else, but he's pretty important to their team. Not sure they'd give us him, especially withouit us having to give a arm and a leg for him

Blake said that if he's not signed by the deadline he wants to be traded.

Guest Crymson

^^

Utterly uninformed post

Martin Lapointe has 59 PIMs in which 25 minutes of those are fighting majors. This leaves 34 minutes in minors, barring any misconducts he may have recieved. Jason Blake has 24 minutes, not much of a difference. Now the kicker, 7 Red Wings have more than 34 minutes without majors, including both Zetterberg and Lidstrom. So i ask you, where my friend are all these needless penalties Mr Lapointe is guilty off?

Ten-four. I suppose I put that badly. Good call.

I will replace the section on penalty minutes with "overall mediocrity for $2.4m."

Blake said that if he's not signed by the deadline he wants to be traded.

"There's a lot of talk Isles LW Jason Blake will be moved. Whispers suggest there may have been a confrontation between Blake and GM Garth Snow yesterday."

Spector's Note: Thus far Isles management has stayed mum on Blake's status with the team. Haven't heard anything yet in the New York media about a confrontation between Blake and Snow.

There is another reason if those whispers are true and not just Ottawa paper mumbo jumbo...

Why the hell not...Blake's not overly big but he's got some good skills, 2nd line minutes.

If this happens, great, but I'm not getting ahead of myself. NYI is fighting tooth and nail for one of the final spots in the EC, it doesn't make too much sense to me that they would give up one of their better players.

He's opposite of Lang. Fast, he scores and he works hard all the time. Lets get this deal done

Is that even possible? It's like finding the opposite of a supermassive black hole... maybe a hidden fount of creation and hard work out there?

Just don't let him get too close to Lang, because when that happens the hole will suck him down and implode. It will be enough of a blast to make people forget Sidney Crosby ever was born. Maybe even Z, too.

In order for us to acquire both Blake and Guerin, we would be looking at no 1st through 3rd round picks for the next 3 years and also would be out Filppula, Hudler, Kindl, etc... haha

It's just not going to happen.

We'll get Nolan and Mayers.

...well s***, I'll take those too for sure! At least they bring some sort of physical aspect to the game, along with some kind of scoring touch...

...of course in hindsight, we could've have just signed Nolan over the summer...

Guest GodofHockeyStevieY19

Wow, i sure hope that is true. Jason Blake is the MAN. Arguably the Islanders best player. And it would be sweet to see another high skilled American donning the Winged Wheel. Man Kenny come on! Make this move!

Is that even possible? It's like finding the opposite of a supermassive black hole... maybe a hidden fount of creation and hard work out there?

Just don't let him get too close to Lang, because when that happens the hole will suck him down and implode. It will be enough of a blast to make people forget Sidney Crosby ever was born. Maybe even Z, too.

haha, good call

Please no...

GET SOMEONE OVER 5'11.... JESUS OUR TEAM IS SOFT.

Blake wouldn't address the team toughness issue, but what one player would?

He'd do a lot for our scoring and speed woes. I'll take that.

Yes! I am pro getting Jason Blake. He'd be the perfect fit on that second line.

Getting Blake and a fourth line grinder like Fedoruk or Lapointe (if worse comes to worse :rolleyes: ) and I think this team is pretty much set. I think getting Blake would be the perfect spark for Robert Lang, and maybe get him scoring again.

Yes! I am pro getting Jason Blake. He'd be the perfect fit on that second line.

Getting Blake and a fourth line grinder like Fedoruk or Lapointe (if worse comes to worse :rolleyes: ) and I think this team is pretty much set. I think getting Blake would be the perfect spark for Robert Lang, and maybe get him scoring again.

I agree with you, while Lang's uninspired play could be for attitude reasons, it could also be because he is used to having a good scoring winger on his line. Didn't he play with Datsyuk last season? Anyway, Lang should benefit from a speedy goal scoring winger (small or large).