• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
russianswede919293

Wings have made an Offer for Jason Blake

Rate this topic

You know...I've gotten to the point where I'm not expecting to get Blake, Lapointe, Bertuzzi or anyone that will be useful in the playoffs.

Therefore, I escape disappointment and could be pleasantly surprised. :P

I Agree. I feel that way every year with days left in the deadline..

Edited by GongShow86

You know...I've gotten to the point where I'm not expecting to get Blake, Lapointe, Bertuzzi or anyone that will be useful in the playoffs.

You might have the right idea there Edi. No expectations...and be pleasantly surprised. That's usually my motto with boys...might work here too. :hehe:

I'm getting a feeling that the Wings are only in some of these talks to drive up the prices for other teams. Holland himself said the market is to high.

We don't really need a 1st or 2nd line guy. All we need is some size on the 3rd and 4th to protect Zetterberg and Datsyuk.

I'm getting a feeling that the Wings are only in some of these talks to drive up the prices for other teams. Holland himself said the market is to high.

We don't really need a 1st or 2nd line guy. All we need is some size on the 3rd and 4th to protect Zetterberg and Datsyuk.

some scoring would be nice other than z and dats. i understand those guys are going at a premium and may be out of the picture for us at this point. but idealy that's what we need. this team probably isn't going to go very deep with only one line that can score. eventually z and dats are gonna slow down and dry up a little bit. what then?

I think the key words in the article were bidding war. I cant imagine any bidding war being won with Williams and a pick. Be realistic please!

Rest assured...it will be Hudler and picks.

Islanders are not Blues or Flyers. they are in playoff picture as of now and they will be shopping for help rather than picks

which leads us to a question: what may they want to get from Blake trade?

salary dump? possibly. a player in return? likely. stats say they could use some additional scoring depth.

like it or not, Williams still has what it took him to 58 points last year.

although, I really think Williams trade value is rather low at this moment after a season that bad.

eventually z and dats are gonna slow down and dry up a little bit. what then?

Maybe Lang will get it going? I think he's going to put together another good playoff. He's playing for a contract.

Also, we can give some more ice time to Hudler and Filppula.

What do you think about a guy like Laraque? I think he's on his way out whatever team he's on

Also, we can give some more ice time to Hudler and Filppula.

i'm all for it. i don't know what babs is waiting for. i'm much more comfortable with flip's line eating up ice time than lang's. they're less of a liability and need more of a chance to show what they can do offensively. we nothing to lose seeing as lang's line doesn't produce anyway.

Guest Crymson

What do you think about a guy like Laraque? I think he's on his way out whatever team he's on

IPB Image

Blake me be smaller, but he can score, he has great speed, and he is a competitor.

If he ultimately replaces Williams, it is an excellent deal. Although I'm afraid the cost for him would most likely be Hudler, Williams, and a 1st.... I believe someone like Blake being on Lang's wing, could get Lang going. Imagine a line of Cleary or Samuelsson, Lang, and Blake... Sounds good to me.

I honstely think though, that we'll get someone that you aren't even hearing about. I believe we'll make a push for Nolan and Laraque.... if we cannot get Laraque, I think we may go for Mayers or Lapointe.

Guest Crymson

I don't see how penalty commission and defensive gaffes will serve our purposes in the playoffs. We already have Robert Lang, anyway.

Most people are saying the Yotes are asking for a first rounder and a prospect. That is insane for a guy like Laraque.

Show me "most people." If they asked a price like that, they'd get pies in the face; it would be insulting.

Edited by Crymson

Guest ZetterBurger40

Blake is a no no. The Wings would be better with 2 forwards that don't put up scoring and just dig in the corners for the puck and have lots of energy the entire shift. Thats what we need!

Um, you pretty much just described Blake- so why is he a "no no"?

Blake is a no no. The Wings would be better with 2 forwards that don't put up scoring and just dig in the corners for the puck and have lots of energy the entire shift. Thats what we need!

blake is like RedBull on ice, he has one speed and that is GO! he has plenty of energy

i dunno, i got a good feeling about blake. he is really quick and is a hard worker like danny and drapes.

Don't get mad if you've heard/said this, but.... The Isle are still in the playoffs, seem to have a decent team. I want Blake as bad as anybody else, but he's pretty important to their team. Not sure they'd give us him, especially withouit us having to give a arm and a leg for him