• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

SwedeLundin77

Oilers Upset over Kronwall Hit

Rate this topic

Lupul, Oilers fuming about Kronwall hit

Oilers forward Joffrey Lupul is upset about the Niklas Kronwall hit that concussed him:

February 25, Edmonton Sun: "It's a tough play. I thought it was on the border of being a late hit," Lupul said. "I don't want to be a guy that complains, but it was one of those hits where he had me either way - he didn't have to hit me in the face. He could have hit me in the shoulder without jumping.

"I thought it was borderline, but that's hockey. Stuff like that happens all the time. But I'm not going to complain about it."

Kronwall hit Lupul in the first period of Friday's 4-3 shootout win after the Oilers winger made a pass at his own blue line. The Wings defenceman left his feet and hit Lupul in the head. Lupul broke his nose on the play and suffered a concussion.

Craig MacTavish is threatening to take revenge on Kronwall down the line:

"People have long memories at this level and it's not something we'll quickly forget," said Oilers head coach Craig MacTavish. "He's got a history of that. When you blindside guys like that viciously, that says something and we'll remember it."

Given that Raffi Torres blindsided Jason Williams on a late hit, and sprained Cleary's MCL on Friday, I'd say the Wings are the ones who owe the Oilers some physical retribution.

After what Torres did, and all of the other crap that Edmonton does, they have no room to talk about late hits and holding up on hits when they aren't necessary. Even Ken and Mickey said that the hit wasn't late, Mickey even counted 2 seconds and that was the amount of time after Lupul let go of the puck that Kronner hit him. MacTavish is a ***** too, he's talking like this were a Vancouver and Colorado rivalry and someone like Bertuzzi is going to take out Kronwall... WTF? I so hope Edmonton doesn't make the playoffs, they're a bunch of assholes. I also hope we can steal Smyth away too, that would be amazing.

After what Torres did, and all of the other crap that Edmonton does, they have no room to talk about late hits and holding up on hits when they aren't necessary. Even Ken and Mickey said that the hit wasn't late, Mickey even counted 2 seconds and that was the amount of time after Lupul let go of the puck that Kronner hit him. MacTavish is a ***** too, he's talking like this were a Vancouver and Colorado rivalry and someone like Bertuzzi is going to take out Kronwall... WTF? I so hope Edmonton doesn't make the playoffs, they're a bunch of assholes. I also hope we can steal Smyth away too, that would be amazing.

i hate mactavish. he's annoying.

Firstly no need for Smyth with Homer, secondly I agree with the rest of your post. Torres hits hard and high just like Kronner did so MacTavish can wipe the sand out of his personal areas step up and be a big boy.

Guest Crymson

Firstly no need for Smyth with Homer, secondly I agree with the rest of your post. Torres hits hard and high just like Kronner did so MacTavish can wipe the sand out of his personal areas step up and be a big boy.

The funny part is that Homer can produce as much as can Smyth, and for way less.

MacT is whining yet again.

oh well... give this man his five minutes. he's already packing his golf clubs after a miserable season when he failed to carry a cup contender of last year to playoffs. not only make the team competitive after making it 4 rounds of playoff hockey and cashing big time on this, but to even make it able to run for 8th spot. pathetic

whine as much as you like, pu$$y and enjoy watching the better team in playoffs :hockeysmile:

What a bunch of sissies, cry me a goddamn river. Lupul's injuries were just bad luck, the hit would have been perfectly clean had Kronner kept his feet firmly on the ice. The Oil should know better what cheap shots are.

Get over it. It's a man's game, sometimes you get hurt.

EDIT: Sykora's cross-check on Z was a cheaper shot, Z just wasn't hurt.

Edited by FinWing

yes Craig, people have long memories. That's why Torres should pre-order his casket already, cuz the waiting list of hitmen is growing every season... sow the wind and reap the storm, Killer.

Edited by GuloGulo

The hit wasn't late, and he didn't blindside him either. Lupul got caught admiring his own pass. Welcome to the NHL!

Precisely... Kronwall was already lining up the hit when Lupul still had the puck, late my ass. Oilers lost today, 4-1 to Minnesota, playoff dreams fading I hope.

I hate Mc Tavish, hes a whinner. I also hate how Lupul complains about the hit for 2 or 3 sentances and then says " I don`t want to be a complainer........" :huh:

I don`t think Williams bitched when he got hit, and that says A LOT (I think)

Go Kronwall, knock em dead :clap:

Edited by Zetter is Better

MacTavish is a whiny *****. No surprise there. But at least his team will be where it belongs in a few weeks -- hitting the links. If Lupul doesn't "want to be a complainer" than he shouldn't complain. Simple as that. Boo frickin' hoo. There was no way that was a late hit and he was not blindsided. Kronwall "has a history" of doing things like that? In what? His equivalent of one whole season in the league? Give me a break. The Oilers have to be just about the whiniest club in the NHL.

We'd all be saying the exact same thing if the tables were turned (ala williams).

He's a course bastard file.

No we wouldnt....not with that situation. Plus I highly doubt Babcock would cry like mactavish did....

As if the Oilers haven't done enough to the Wings the past year or so. Knocked us out of the playoffs, dominated us in the regular season this year, so on and so fourth. I just can't wait to get the last laugh when MacTavish and the boys up in the freezerbox have to sit on their butts at home because they couldn't make the playoffs.