• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Louisville

Hockey Night in Canada

Rate this topic

As weird and crochety as he can be, there's no denying he knows hockey. I like his idea about the puck-over-the-glass rule too, instead of a penalty they treat it like an icing: The offending team can't change and has to take a faceoff in their own end.

Guest Crymson

As weird and crochety as he can be, there's no denying he knows hockey. I like his idea about the puck-over-the-glass rule too, instead of a penalty they treat it like an icing: The offending team can't change and has to take a faceoff in their own end.

If it does damage to Lilja, I'm all for it.

Joke!!!

Nah, seriously--I don't think we can part with touch-icing without seriously altering the game. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Joke!!!

Nah, seriously--I don't think we can part with touch-icing without seriously altering the game. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

If it reduces injuries and speeds up the game,lets do it.

Guest Tunbo Batman

if its broke, fix it.

oh wait, this is the nhl. they dont do that kind of thing.

Eh doesn't bother me either way. Of course you'd like no touch icing for obvious reasons due to injuries, but then again I see nothing wrong with the way it is now. Mainly because I like the hustle to get an icing or negate it. I'm always "ICE IT...ICE IT!!" haha makes it more exciting..

It should be under the ref's discretion. If the ref feels he should blow the whistle, then blow it. However, if a ref feels that the one of the teams chasing it needs the icing, or doesn't want the icing, then they should battle it out. Again, under the ref's discretion.

It should be under the ref's discretion. If the ref feels he should blow the whistle, then blow it. However, if a ref feels that the one of the teams chasing it needs the icing, or doesn't want the icing, then they should battle it out. Again, under the ref's discretion.

Ref's discretion? That's just asking for trouble my friend.

Plus, that would still lead to teams chasing after the puck because they don't know if the ref will whistle the play dead.

i never really gave too much thought to icing until coach's corner the other night. i guess i never reallized how crazy touch icing is. essentially it forces two guys to skate as hard as they can into a wall. i'd be in favor of no touch.

I saw this segment the other night. These are absolutely brutal!

I'm all for no-touch icing; there are enough ways already for a player to get hurt legitimately. Forcing the players to touch (on the icing) adds nothing to the game 99.9% of the time. It's crazy that this rule hasn't been implemented already.

Joke!!!

The point being that it IS broke and we should probably fix it.

And how is it going to "seriously alter the game" as you say?

Edited by Louisville

Joke!!!

looks broke to me :P

looks broke to me :P

I agree. This has become pointless...people screwing up their careers for something like icing? Come on...I thought they at least wanted to pretend to improve the rules.... :rolleyes:

I also liked Don's comment about the buffalo/ottawa brawl..."Gary, if you're watching this....notice how much excitement this caused?" Or something like that....haha. As if Bettman even watches hockey....