• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Majsheppard

NY Speculation: Trade Jagr?

Rate this topic

ANew York writer seems to think they might move Jagr.

I know this message board has been littered in years past about the Wings being interested in Jagr. Now it seems like it might be a necessity, and not a luxery to aquire him.

I know this is very unlikely and I know it would be way too costly so I say this isn't happening.

Just thought it might be good to put up for you folk to run rampant with it.

Back to Mystery, Alaska for me.

Edited by Majsheppard

Umm, unless they are gonna increase the cap by about $10 million, it's not happening. We don't have the cap space.

Actually, with his prorated salary we could. However, I can't imagine how much it would cost to land him. Looking at what it took to get Tkachuk and an injured Forsberg, a healthy Jagr would take boatloads of youth and picks.

Ideal situation: Give 'em Williams and a couple picks.

Real situation: Probably the rights to the Grand Rapids Griffins. And no, they wouldn't take Williams either. :(

I don't think it's even feasable to get Jagr here. And if we do get him, is it worth it? He has had shoulder problems lately, so I question whether he would be worth giving up an island full of draft picks and young talent.

Guest Crymson

ANew York writer seems to think they might move Jagr.

I know this message board has been littered in years past about the Wings being interested in Jagr. Now it seems like it might be a necessity, and not a luxery to aquire him.

I know this is very unlikely and I know it would be way too costly so I say this isn't happening.

Just thought it might be good to put up for you folk to run rampant with it.

Back to Mystery, Alaska for me.

We don't have the resources, I think.

Lilja is like a penny. No one wants it.

Man, I'd so leave a heap of Liljas in the Take-a-Penny-Leave-a-Penny jar.

Edit: Dang Rabie totally pwned me :(

Still I like the visual aspect of mine. :lol:

Edited by Drake_Marcus

It would probably be something like two first rounders and Schneider.

It took Metropolit, a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and conditional 1st to get Tkachuk. It'd be a lot more than that.

True, but I wouldn't compare everything to the Tkachuk deal, that was just obsurd.

Well, compare it to the Forsberg deal then. Those two deal set the price for veteran forwards.

Guest MrSandMan

pass on jagr

I like NN's idea and sell our slacker players for a brighter future. It makes sense. +plus it'll give our rookies more ice time.

Tell them we'll give them Lang AND Williams as well as a conditional 1st rounder if he looks cool in the winged wheel.

I don't think that he would look cool in the winged wheel and i don't really want him. However, we know Shanahan looks cool in the winged wheel, let try and get him back.