• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Majsheppard

NY Speculation: Trade Jagr?

Rate this topic

Frankly, I"m amazed this thread has gotten to 24 posts.... That is just sadly pathetic for a thread that has no basis in reality whatsoever. Let's stop the madness now and stop posting threads that have zero basis for being anything legit, it's like beating a dead horse, really. :drunk:

Jagr is by far the biggest locker room cancer in the entire NHL. No way Detroit is going to trade for him.

I dont want Jagr either for all reasons mentioned, plus he is just another guy that the opposition will take the body on and negate. We need someone people fear. Bertuzzi comes to mind :D

Guest Crymson

I dont want Jagr either for all reasons mentioned, plus he is just another guy that the opposition will take the body on and negate. We need someone people fear. Bertuzzi comes to mind :D

Bertuzzi, who hasn't taken the body on and negated?

Jagr is by far the biggest locker room cancer in the entire NHL. No way Detroit is going to trade for him.

He can't be that much worse than Hasek. That and cancers really only affect unstable locker rooms. At worst he might make Lang even moodier, but since Bob is mired in probably the worst slump of his career I doubt it'll make much of a difference. Everyone else is fairly well adjusted in that room and between Nick, Cheli, Drapes, etc... I doubt they'll let a bad apple spoil the bunch. Hell, maybe being in an environment like Detroit will inspire him. The organization carries itself a tad bit differently than the ones he saw in his latter Pittsburgh years, Washington, and now New York.

If it wouldn't be as expensive as it would have to be, I'd trade for Jagr in a heartbeat. Our scoring woes would disappear. Oh well, we don't have the assets anyway...

He can't be that much worse than Hasek. That and cancers really only affect unstable locker rooms. At worst he might make Lang even moodier, but since Bob is mired in probably the worst slump of his career I doubt it'll make much of a difference. Everyone else is fairly well adjusted in that room and between Nick, Cheli, Drapes, etc... I doubt they'll let a bad apple spoil the bunch. Hell, maybe being in an environment like Detroit will inspire him. The organization carries itself a tad bit differently than the ones he saw in his latter Pittsburgh years, Washington, and now New York.

If it wouldn't be as expensive as it would have to be, I'd trade for Jagr in a heartbeat. Our scoring woes would disappear. Oh well, we don't have the assets anyway...

Sorry mate, I think you greatly underestimate the ego of Jaromir Jagr. When he's in a bad mood, there's no greater destructive force in the entire NHL. Players like Chelios and Lidstrom mean jack to him, especially if they stand in the way of his wishes. Jagr is the ultimate primadonna and he cares about nobody but himself. All the time. He's not even that big of a scoring threat in the playoffs I think. He's too easy to get off balance psychologically. His poor attitude cost the Rangers the series last post season.