• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

wingsfan40

Oilers to meet Smyth's agent again

Rate this topic

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=197756&hubname=nhl

Reports have suggested that the Oilers could trade their 'heart and soul' player if a deal can't be reached, rather than lose him for nothing if he signs with another team in the summer.

I would absolutely love to get this guy, even if the cost is high. A guy can dream can't he....

Edited by wingsfan40

after all the whining of MacT I actually want Smyth leave Oilers. and see this team hit league-bottom next season.

would be odd to see him in different jersey but I simply can't find nice feelings towards Craig The Whiner now.

Edited by akustyk

Do you guys think the Oilers would trade him to us? I mean surely they would rather send him to an Eastern Conference team than one of the top teams in the west. And I'm sure every team in the east is salivating at the thought of getting Smyth, just as much as we are.

Do you guys think the Oilers would trade him to us?

no chance. they'll bite their teeth and stand on their heads if necessary but resign

Smyth. he's the heart of Oilers and their franchise players.

if anything, he could be a free agent come July. but now that the Oilers are virtually

within reach of playoff spot he's not going anywhere. they'll not make it, but keep

Smyth until the end of regular season

I mean surely they would rather send him to an Eastern Conference team than one of the top teams in the west. And I'm sure every team in the east is salivating at the thought of getting Smyth, just as much as we are.

potential buyers for Smyth are the teams who need veteran leadership. for now

these could be Pens, maybe Bruins of the East. in July - who knows?

Guest Crymson

Smyth is the Edmonton Oilers. He's not going anywhere.

Reality is reality--if they can't muster up the money he wants, then he will go look for it elsewhere.

EDIT: If they do sign him, we can pick up one of two of the players whom they are forced to let go as a result.

Edited by Crymson

I doubt that they wont reach a deal... And even if it does come down to a trade, he wont be coming here.

But yes he would be a great addition to the team.

Reality is reality--if they can't muster up the money he wants, then he will go look for it elsewhere.

EDIT: If they do sign him, we can pick up one of two of the players whom they are forced to let go as a result.

I want Torres. Is that possible?

The Oilers talked with Toronto-based agent Don Meehan again Monday about a new multiyear contract for the veteran left-winger, who is believed to be seeking at least US$5 million a season over a five-year term

Link

Homer

Smyth

He is a step higher than Homer on the points scale, but is he really worth twice as much as a guy that does the same job he does, just as well???

I'll take Homer over Smyth for the price tags that come with the two.

Link

Homer

Smyth

He is a step higher than Homer on the points scale, but is he really worth twice as much as a guy that does the same job he does, just as well???

I'll take Homer over Smyth for the price tags that come with the two.

Looks at Smyth's line mates and look at Homers. I like homer and all but Smyth is a better player hands down.

Guest Crymson

Looks at Smyth's line mates and look at Homers. I like homer and all but Smyth is a better player hands down.

Maybe Smyth is better by a little; he and Homer had nearly the same point totals last year, and Zetterberg and Datsyuk were lined with Shanahan.

Guest Crymson

OMG a trade involving Ryan Smyth and Pavel Datsyuk and possibly Torres would be a dream come true.

*bangs head against wall*

Guest Tunbo Batman

dont let last year blind you okay? prior to that lucky run (which involved no less than 3 rentals who were gone 6 months later), the oilers had 4 consecutive 1st-rnd exits intertwined with 4 non-playoff-appearances. the best way to an early playoff exit is to run your team like the oilers do, with nothing but grinders.

Edited by Tunbo Batman

dont let last year blind you okay? prior to that lucky run (which involved no less than 3 rentals who were gone 6 months later), the oilers had 4 consecutive 1st-rnd exits intertwined with 4 non-playoff-appearances. the best way to an early playoff exit is to run your team like the oilers do, with nothing but grinders.

I wonder how the meeting went last night between his agent and the Oliers brass?