• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Zeke

First Round Matchup

Rate this topic

Just checked the standings in the morning paper.

First place Nashville would face Calgary,while we would take on Dallas.

Fourth place suddenly doesn't look so bad,does it?

Dallas only because we're 3-0 against them, and I find it hard to believe Dallas going to Mike Smith in the playoffs to play us. Turco sucks against Detroit, and I think we would take it to them. Although we have 19 games left.

Dallas only because we're 3-0 against them, and I find it hard to believe Dallas going to Mike Smith in the playoffs to play us. Turco sucks against Detroit, and I think we would take it to them. Although we have 19 games left.

Dallas would be ideal. Hopefully they can keep winning and San Jose falls off a little.

Yeah there's no way I want to face Calgary 1st round. I don't want to play Minnesota either. I'm sick of playing these low seeds who stick 4 guys in the neutral zone and ride a hot Goalie. I've been against allowing 5-8 seeds in the playoffs for years, because they ruin the game with the trap. Plus they never win the Stanley Cup.

It drives me crazy, when people say they like to see the top teams upset in the 1st round. Then later on in the playoffs they wonder why the games are so boring and why tv ratings are so low.

I'm hoping Nashville wins the division and we play Dallas. I think Calgary is going to upset in the 1st round. Those guys are built for the playoffs.

Be careful what you wish for. I seem to remember that last year everyone was hoping for a first round matchup against the Oilers. Everyone felt we matched up well against them. That didn't work out so good.

Be careful what you wish for. I seem to remember that last year everyone was hoping for a first round matchup against the Oilers. Everyone felt we matched up well against them. That didn't work out so good.

i couldn't agree more

Well, I think that San Jose will break from their elongated slump and finish the season strong, which will probably put them at #5. The Red Wings do not want to face the Sharks in the first-round, obviously. They just won't beat them. I think they have a better shot at Calgary, but that's scary, too. At this point, I think we have to hope that either Dallas stays strong and Nashville wins the division, or we win the division and Minnesota ends up #8.

I seem to remember everybody hoping we wouldn't meet up with the Oilers; Colorado was a much more handsome choice, as we would've handed them their collective ass. People were confident, once it came down to it, that we could be the Oil, but most people were hoping we'd dodge them...

Doesn't matter who we meet. The book on the wings is play the trap or some version of it, hit Datsyuk and Zetterberg and keep them off their game, and you have a good chance to win.

We won't be winning games coming from behind in the 3rd period in the playoffs.

I seem to remember everybody hoping we wouldn't meet up with the Oilers; Colorado was a much more handsome choice.

I tried to find an old thread but didn't have any luck. All I remember is that everyone wanted to avoid Calgary and Anaheim and they were overjoyed when we hooked up with Edmonton.

I seem to remember everybody hoping we wouldn't meet up with the Oilers; Colorado was a much more handsome choice, as we would've handed them their collective ass. People were confident, once it came down to it, that we could be the Oil, but most people were hoping we'd dodge them...

Indeed....a lot of people were hoping to dodge the Oilers: (I included)

I'd be really scared of the Oilers.......

.....I too would avoid the Oil if possible. They might not win the Cup, but they have first round upset written all over them.

(Good call my friend)

I DON'T want to see Wings vs. Oilers.

I totally agree with you Rick

......I wouldn't want to face the Oilers......

The Oilers really are a scary team.......

I like Dallas the most. and San Jose is last on my list of teams I'd like to face in Round 1.

Nashville could be a nice pairing for Round 1. difficult and physical series, but we stand a chance agaist them in first round. and a series like this would definitely kick-start the team.

I don't see Wings getting very far this year but if we were about to reach WCF or SCF I'd rather have a team like Preds or Ducks early. in later rounds they'll be one hell to beat.

I'd take Dallas, Vancouver or Minnesota. Calgary would suck, so would San Jose.

i think Dallas is the clear cut favorite for us to play considering we've owned them and Turco has been terrible against us and in the playoffs. Minnesota seems like they would be next in line but Vancouver frightens me a little because you never know what you're gonna get from Luongo. he could go off and completely shut us down like Giguere a couple years ago

I hope we don't play Edmonton, if somehow Edmonton makes the playoffs. I don't know why but them or Calgary scare me.

Edmonton blows badly crucial games like Minny last night. a team like that is not supposed

to make playoffs. and they definitely don't deserve it