• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
esteef

Official: Roberts traded to Pittsburgh

Rate this topic

Yeah, Roberts a floater.......ignorance at its finest.

Look up the meaning of floatsam....you may be somewhat illiterate but I am referring to other teams cast offs. Of course Roberts is not a floater, however, he is definately the prime example of a player who was overpaid at 2.25M not being needed by his team that he could not lead to the playoffs....again!

Look up the meaning of floatsam....you may be somewhat illiterate but I am referring to other teams cast offs. Of course Roberts is not a floater, however, he is definately the prime example of a player who was overpaid at 2.25M not being needed by his team that he could not lead to the playoffs....again!

Yeah, because that has nothing to do with Florida trading off their franchise goaltender or anything....Eddie the Ancient wasn't going to get them that far.

Florida's struggles has to do with Jacques Martin and his inability to motivate a team.

Yeah, Roberts a floater.......ignorance at its finest.

I have to agree with Mac here, Roberts would be a welcome addition, IMO not the be all or that we should give the farm up for him but he is a warrior-type that we lost a bit with Yzerman and Shanny. Having him on the 2nd power play unit after Homer would give goalie ulcers. lol I think he would add a bit of fire in the dressing room as well but I don't think he is heading our way anyway and if we would not give up a 1st round for Forsberg I believe that Holland is smater than to give up allot for someone who wants ot be in Ottawa or TO although once the puck drops he is a gamer.

Interesting time of year isn't it?

Yeah, because that has nothing to do with Florida trading off their franchise goaltender or anything....Eddie the Ancient wasn't going to get them that far.

Florida's struggles has to do with Jacques Martin and his inability to motivate a team.

Exactly my point....why would we hope that a front office like Detroit's replicate the losing example set by Florida bring in Gary Roberts? They brought guys like Eddie and Roberts in for their past leadership and old day resumes....they made errors that we did not. We need young talent, hungry to displace the recent trend of our playoff woes.

The destination is in fact the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Think he'l waive his NTC for them?

Do you know who the Panthers would be getting in return?

Edit: I said Leafs instead of Panthers! Here I am still thinking he was on the Leafs. Haha

Edited by hockeycrazy3033

According to The Fourth Period, the trade has been finalized. All that remains is for Roberts to waive his no-trade clause

UPDATE: TFP has learned the Pittsburgh Penguins have finalized a trade with the Florida Panthers in exchange for veteran Gary Roberts. The trade is not yet completed, as Roberts must agree to waive his no-trade clause. Details to follow...

http://www.thefourthperiod.com

I thought Pittsburgh was looking for help on the blue line?

Still, good move for them (as long as they didn't give up the farm). Roberts will add leadership and grit for a young team going into the playoffs.

I thought Pittsburgh was looking for help on the blue line?

I think they needed some veteran leadership most. Aside from Reechi everyone on the Pens is still waiting for puberty.

I'm not sure what there is to even think about with this one, waive that NTC! The chance to play with Crosby in the playoffs? He will never, ever have the opportunity again.

That's probably exactly why he did it!

Noah Welch is the player the Penguins are offering...

http://spectorshockey.tripod.com/spectors_trade_rumours.html

http://tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=24...me=nhl-penguins

Which would be kind of like trading Meech for Roberts, glad we didn't do it...

What? You wouldnt trade Meech for Gary Roberts? :blink:

The Panthers would laugh that off, i know nothing about Welch but i can guarantee he's better than Meech.