• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
esteef

Official: Roberts traded to Pittsburgh

Rate this topic

Because he's won his Cup and he just wants to be closer to his daughter?

hockey demands sacrifices in exchange for success. He should be so lucky that a team thinks well enough of him to put him on their team, on their way to the playoffs.

hockey demands sacrifices in exchange for success. He should be so lucky that a team thinks well enough of him to put him on their team, on their way to the playoffs.

Gary has sacrificed his body (including a broken neck) and he has the ring to prove his success. I think he's earned the right over his career to decide where he plays at this point. If he wants to be close to his daughter, who are we to slag him for it? Family comes first.

Edited by MacK_Attack

Gary has sacrificed his body (including a broken neck) and he has the ring to prove his success. I think he's earned the right over his career to decide where he plays at this point. If he wants to be close to his daughter, who are we to slag him for it? Family comes first.

If its that big of a deal......retire. As long as your a professional hockey player, your goal should be the cup. Its just not fair to other awesome players who are on horrible teams who would do anything to get a chance to be on a playoff team.

If its that big of a deal......retire. As long as your a professional hockey player, your goal should be the cup. Its just not fair to other awesome players who are on horrible teams who would do anything to get a chance to be on a playoff team.

If he's still good enough to play (and clearly, Pittsburgh thinks so) and still wants to play, then let him play. He has a no-trade clause and obviously has a very short list of teams that he's willing to go to.

Don't think for a second that Gary Roberts doesn't want to win the Cup again. If you've seen him play in the playoffs since 1989, you'll know that isn't the case. However, at this point in his career, it isn't the be all and end all.

Edited by MacK_Attack

If he's still good enough to play (and clearly, Pittsburgh thinks so) and still wants to play, then let him play. He has a no-trade clause and obviously has a very short list of teams that he's willing to go to.

Don't think for a second that Gary Roberts doesn't want to win the Cup again. If you've seen him play in the playoffs since 1989, you'll know that isn't the case. However, at this point in his career, it isn't the be all and end all.

he's a good player, and i understand where you're coming from. I just personally believe that no player should be nit-picky when they get a chance to be on a cup contender team. If it was a trade to Washington or Columbus, I would totally understand. But like i said, the fact that he's refusing to go to a top 3 eastern conference team is just something I frown upon and don't think a player should do......not when theres so much talent out there that deserves a chance for the cup.

Edited by shanahanman