• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HomeNugget

Lebda being groomed for big things

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

I could see one day him becomeing something great. but he could never replace nick or chelli

He is a very different defenseman than they are. VERY few D-men have his speed--he is a rocket. Do you notice how he is always the one to gain the zone whenever he is on the ice?

He is a very different defenseman than they are. VERY few D-men have his speed--he is a rocket. Do you notice how he is always the one to gain the zone whenever he is on the ice?

:clap: Yes indeed. I agree.. He loves to handle the puck and as you said, he is an amazing skater.

Atta boy Lebs!

I remember the beginning of last season everyone was saying he'd just be here for a few games and be sent back down. That he was 'too small' and didn't have much to offer. Boy has he proved everyone wrong. I absolutely love the guy, and his skill he brings. He's very smart out there, and his speed is one of a kind..especially for a D-man. I've got the feeling that in the future he'll he one of those D-man that scores about 15 goals a season.

Career 5th/6th defenseman

(umm..disregard the sig ;) )

Change the sig then! :lol:

Do "I hate Lilja" or better yet "I love Lilja" play a little reverse psychology then maybe something will happen tomorrow at the deadline!

Edited by hockeycrazy3033

why do you hate him though lou?

Oh, that just goes back to the St Louis game where Hasek got trucked by Ryan Johnson. Thought he shouldve reacted alot more to that is all. That incident just epitomized my frustration with the lack of the Wings sticking up for each other...so Lebda gets my ire for the time being! I dont think he's that bad or anything, but i honestly do believe he'll always be a 5th/6th defenseman and no more. I think the talk of him following in Lidstrom's footsteps is totally outlandish, but thats just me.

I think if he's being 'groomed for big things' he needs to get bigger-

It's ok (sorda..) if you don't hit people, Lidstrom doesn't really, but Lebda gets pushed around like a punk. 15-20 lbs isn't gonna hurt the guy.

I think if he's being 'groomed for big things' he needs to get bigger-

It's ok (sorda..) if you don't hit people, Lidstrom doesn't really, but Lebda gets pushed around like a punk. 15-20 lbs isn't gonna hurt the guy.

He's a great skater and can handle the puck,but he needs to work on his finish.He can get the puck to the net,but rarely does anything happen.

Having said that,he is a diamond in the rough and a big part of our future.(I'm sure other teams are asking for him in trade talks,just say 'no' Kenny)

He's a great skater and can handle the puck,but he needs to work on his finish.He can get the puck to the net,but rarely does anything happen.

Having said that,he is a diamond in the rough and a big part of our future.(I'm sure other teams are asking for him in trade talks,just say 'no' Kenny)

Well yeah dude, but think of how much better he would be if he didn't get pushed off the puck when in his defensive zone. There's only so much skating away you can do, and given his decent speed for a defenseman putting on 15 lbs isn't gonna make him slow by any means.

Lebda's down very well the first two seasons here, not a whole lot of glaring mistakes. Hopefully down the road as he gets more PT, his point totals go up as he is a fairly offensive-minded defenseman.

I hope he has a consistent career like these first two seasons, but I am nowhere near ready to say he is being "groomed for big things", like he's going to be a #1 or #2 d-man.