• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
esteef

Chris Gratton?

Rate this topic

Keep seeing rumors (on from Eklund albeit) that the Sens, the Wild and the Lightning are all looking at Chris Gratton and I'm wondering if he would not be a good fit for our tough "role player" we are looking for? How much does he make and what's his status? Anybody know?

esteef

Bertuzzi is done, you guys should've locked up Tkachuk or Guerin.

And what, sold the farm in the process? All we gave up for Bertuzzi was Shawn Matthias, a prospect, and a couple of conditional draft picks that will be based on Bertuzzi's play and how far the Wings go into the playoffs.

If we would have went after Tkachuk or Guerin, we would have been ripped off. Both teams who got those guys majorly overpaid in the process. I think the trade would have involved the Wings giving up one of at least Hudler or Filppula, Jakub Kindl, and a whole boatload of draft picks. And besides that, my instinct tells me both Tkachuk and Guerin will be back with the Blues next season. I'm glad the Wings didn't get involved with those players.

Todd Bertuzzi was a great pickup. He adds the physical force the Wings have needed for so long.

And what, sold the farm in the process? All we gave up for Bertuzzi was Shawn Matthias, a prospect, and a couple of conditional draft picks that will be based on Bertuzzi's play and how far the Wings go into the playoffs.

Todd Bertuzzi was a great pickup. He adds the physical force the Wings have needed for so long.

I am sorry I struck a cord, but if my team signed Bertuzzi for all that i would feel slighted.......its a gamble to be honest....Bert has been a gamble since Vancouver days with naslund's line, lets wait and see.........

I am sorry I struck a cord, but if my team signed Bertuzzi for all that i would feel slighted.......its a gamble to be honest....Bert has been a gamble since Vancouver days with naslund's line, lets wait and see.........

And Tkachuk isn't a gamble?

We gave up virtually nothing for Bertuzzi. Atlanta sold the farm for Tkachuk.

And Tkachuk isn't a gamble?

We gave up virtually nothing for Bertuzzi. Atlanta sold the farm for Tkachuk.

As of today, are the wings planning on signing Bertuzzi for the future? I honestly dont know the status there, but I can imagine that there is a short list of teams requesting his services at that price.

Overall, I am not a huge fan of rental players to begin with, but at least Tkachuk & Guerin are healthy.

when Atlanta gets eliminated in the first round

and Guerin doesn't show up for another playoffs

i'll expect a nice big plate of crow from you regardless of how bert does for us

like others have said we gave up next to nothing for him.

I'd like to go on record as saying wee whaler should spend more time getting away from the moniker 'wee' than worrying about Todd Bertuzzi. He's had back surgery you jackass...give him some time. It's kind of like the process you might need to get the wee part away from your name...except on the other side of your body

I'd like to go on record as saying wee whaler should spend more time getting away from the moniker 'wee' than worrying about Todd Bertuzzi. He's had back surgery you jackass...give him some time. It's kind of like the process you might need to get the wee part away from your name...except on the other side of your body

:D .......hockey is a great sport for a back surgery, do you need a bigger billboard? signed WEE whaler.

I've got a bad feeling you're just going to end up being a troll on this board WEE whaler. If you are, you can take your 23 posts and go elsewhere.

I'll accept the 10-minute thread misconduct and see you in the next round. I digress. :zzz:

:D .......hockey is a great sport for a back surgery, do you need a bigger billboard? signed WEE whaler.

How incredibly lame.

Why do you keep going on about Bertuzzi? You can see none of us even give a flying f*** about his back surgery, mainly because the Wings really gave up nothing to get him.

Drop it already. You don't see me going over to a Sabres message board pointing out all the flaws of Dainius Zubrus. Or how I could go on about how you gave up a pretty good prospect in Jiri Novotny for a rental player that will most likely leave the Sabres after this season. So please, just drop it.