• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Vancouver Wings Fan

Smolinski to Vancouver for 2nd-round pick in '07

Rate this topic

As a Wings fan out here in Vancouver I am betting that the road to the Cup will have to come through here.

The Canucks are a team to look out for. One of the hottest teams in the NHL. Top notch goalie, two solid scoring lines (with Smolinski), solid defense and rumors of more to add.

Be afraid of these guys.

As a Wings fan out here in Vancouver I am betting that the road to the Cup will have to come through here.

The Canucks are a team to look out for. One of the hottest teams in the NHL. Top notch goalie, two solid scoring lines (with Smolinski), solid defense and rumors of more to add.

Be afraid of these guys.

The Nucks don't scare me at all. But hey, that's just me.

The Canucks don't scare me either HC...but Luongo certainly does.

Yeah... And I dunno about you guys, but I'm tired of running into hot goalies in the first round. Not only that, but Luongo is one of the best in the league anyway...

Be afraid of these guys.

Nah, only way the Nucks have any shot of getting passed the first is to play Dallas or Minnesota. And even then...the winner of that series would get trounced in the 2nd.

You got it right Manny. The Canunks have taken a page from Edmonton and Cagary's recipe and IMHO are the team to watch out for.

They sure as hell dont have anywhere near the grit and toughness Calgary's had, nor Edmonton last year. They're all Luongo and thats it.

They sure as hell dont have anywhere near the grit and toughness Calgary's had, nor Edmonton last year. They're all Luongo and thats it.

Maybe not the overall toughness as Calgary/Edmonton (last year), true. When I am talking about a page from their book I mean in defensive play. Their record since Christmas can't be denied. They have played that Edmonton "playoff" trap system all season and again IMHO are more tough and gritty defensively then most teams in the NHL. Couple that with Luongo and they are a spoiler in the making.

This is why I keep saying that the Wings need to add toughness (Laroque) and gritty roll players (Lapointe) to open up our guys who will need to carry us......Dats, Zett, Lang, Lidstrom, Schnid