• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

WingsFANstuckintheSOUTH

Wings acquire Kyle Calder in 3-way deal

Rate this topic

tsn.ca

The Chicago Blackhawks have traded a 3rd round pick and Lasse Kukkonen to the Philadelphia Flyers for Kyle Calder and the Blackhawks flipped Clader to the Detroit Red Wings for Jason Williams. Details to follow

God, you people are never happy, are you? "Williams sucks! He's horrible! Trade him for a bucket of pucks! For warm beer! For a bag of steaming seagull feces! Waive him! No hockey sense. Worthless on defense. Lazy. Can't skate. Can't shoot. Can't score. Worst player in the league." Start whole threads just to hate Williams. Kenny PLEASE PLEASE PLZ PLZ PLZZZZZZZZZZ do something!! Anything! Kenny sucks if he doesn't make a trade.

Now comes the possibility that Williams might be gone....not only that, but the possibility that Kenny exercised some creativity (i.e., three-team trade) to get it done, and improve on the offense, and half you people are bitching! Good Lord! Shut up!

:clap: Well put.

Not quite sure I understand what Chicago is thinking here, but eh. If a team is looking to be a seller, would think they'd like to hold onto draft picks and the like. Bye bye Willy!

It's a risky bit of business. Can't argue that Calder is playing terrible this season, but the entire Philly roster has been doing the same thing. Last year, however, given good ice time and playing with such established legends as Tyler Arnason, Mark Bell, and Patrick Sharp, he put up 59 points in 79 games, respectable second-line production. He's just not what I'd call consistent.

Well, better than Williams, but not an exciting move, really.

So it is official? Even though I don't really know much about Calder, I am just happy to get rid of Williams.

Right. I've been waiting since a 6-5 win against San Jose in November 2006 for Williams to be thrown off the team. Williams quite possibly had the worst defensive game of all time that night. He does *nothing* well. He was the biggest detriment to our team. I don't care if Calder does anything for us, he has to be an improvement.

defintely garbage out. Calder is an upgrade over williams for sure. The TSN scouting report also says he steps up in key situations. Not sure how true that is, but he was in the playoffs in 01-02 w/chi in his rookie year and he had 2 goals in 5 games in a 1st rd loss to the blues.

Actually Calder is like Cleary in that he was suppost to be great when he broke in with the Hawks, and never became what people thought he would.

Now maybe we shall see... besides its shaking up a worthless part of our roster which might not be a bad deal.

Edited by Majsheppard