• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
cr00d

Bob Mckenzie on Bertuzzi trade

Rate this topic

Hey guys, I was just watching TSN, and Bob Mckenzie believes Big Bert will be traded before the trade deadline, to either Detroit, NY, or Anaheim.

Also, important to note, he figures it will more then likely be a "soft deal" due to the fact that he hasn't played since October. Deal could include "A mid to low prospect or roster player, and a mid round pick".

Hey guys, I was just watching TSN, and Bob Mckenzie believes Big Bert will be traded before the trade deadline, to either Detroit, NY, or Anaheim.

Also, important to note, he figures it will more then likely be a "soft deal" due to the fact that he hasn't played since October. Deal could include "A mid to low prospect or roster player, and a mid round pick".

Well Bob Mckenzie is like a god to me, he must be right.

Well Bob Mckenzie is like a god to me, he must be right.

With the addition of Calder Bert makes the most sense, he really does.

I don't see Blake being an option, and everything else sounds too expensive. I am pissed we missed Smolinski, if we managed to get him with Calder we could have moved Lang and picked up more. Now the only way to get another center is pay out the arse for it.

The options are getting smaller, and I don't think that all this sitting on the sidelines waiting for prices to come down to overpay for someone.

I am confident this group can win though. So we shall see.

Guest Agalloch

I love Bertuzzi. Even if he has lost every ability he once had because of his injury (I know he hasn't, I'm just saying), I'd still want him because of things like this:

That's awesome. How many people can do that to Dion Phaneuf? He's going to come cheap, so I'd love it. I've always liked Bertuzzi, even since the Moore incident.

Bertuzzi is at most worth a 2nd and a conditional draft pick. I don't really know if I want him here or not. If he can score when he returns, then that great, otherwise it'll be a big disappointment and there'll be lots of bitching here

I love Bertuzzi. Even if he has lost every ability he once had because of his injury (I know he hasn't, I'm just saying), I'd still want him because of things like this:

That's awesome. How many people can do that to Dion Phaneuf? He's going to come cheap, so I'd love it. I've always liked Bertuzzi, even since the Moore incident.

Thats probably the only reason we'd pick him up , imagine Betr doing that in the playoffs and the passes the puck to Zetterberg in double OT and he scores , we move on to the SCF.

Yeah i can dream

Thats probably the only reason we'd pick him up , imagine Betr doing that in the playoffs and the passes the puck to Zetterberg in double OT and he scores , we move on to the SCF.

Yeah i can dream

Of course you can, but sometimes dreams become reality ;)

Bertuzzi is at most worth a 2nd and a conditional draft pick. I don't really know if I want him here or not. If he can score when he returns, then that great, otherwise it'll be a big disappointment and there'll be lots of bitching here

If we can get him for that then why not do it? He should be able to be of some use to us.

Seriously, should Kenny take the chance? He has to save face after this crappy Calder trade.

Oh and how the hell is the Calder trade crappy?

I'm pretty sure he'll be back in a week or two.

I think he would play the first night he is asked to.

Edited by Majsheppard

There is absolutely no reason not to acquire this guy. The upside is limitless, and the downside is he doesn't play. Virtually zero risk, high reward...how can you not like that?

(editors note: I realize I'm equating a prospect/draft pick as 'no downside', but it's more effective to emphasize it like that! :P )

it wasn't too long ago that this man was a pure goalscorer and the most dominate power forward in the league (please please please,..lets not aruge about the defintion of power forward again shall we?) He's exactly the kind of guy we need in Detroit that we havn't had in years. Guys like cleary but on a more skilled level, who know there career is in the toilette and this might be there last shot at playing with a respectable team. Men with nothing to lose, and everything to prove are very very dangerous. I think he'd destroy people if he wore the red and white.