• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
cr00d

Bob Mckenzie on Bertuzzi trade

Rate this topic

I'm pretty sure he'll be back in a week or two.

Tough to bring in a guy who hasn't played since October. I wonder what kind of shape he'll be in? It may take him until the playoffs to get his grove back.

I'm not against brining him here, I just hope we don't over spend.

It still seems a little stupid that Florida is even trading Bertuzzi. I mean they just gave up their franchise goaltender and this was a big part of what they got in return. On top of that, they haven't even had him around long...he's played only a handful of games for them. I would not be surprised at all if they ended up keeping him. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have him on the Wings but if I was Florida's GM, I wouldn't trade him...especially not for someone like Lilja and a conditional draft pick.

Guest Crymson

I love Bertuzzi. Even if he has lost every ability he once had because of his injury (I know he hasn't, I'm just saying), I'd still want him because of things like this:

How about things like this?

It's been a rough week and acquiring Bertuzzi would make it oh so much better! It would be amazing. I would just like to see a change to the team for hope in the playoffs to bring it all home. GO WINGS! Come on Kenny... Pull the trigger. Please. For once in your life take a chance and make me happy.

Guest Crymson

I just read on TSN.com that the Wings are listed as the lead runners to acquire Bertuzzi. I wonder if there is any truth to that.

We'll know within 13 hours and 35 minutes.

It's been a rough week and acquiring Bertuzzi would make it oh so much better! It would be amazing. I would just like to see a change to the team for hope in the playoffs to bring it all home. GO WINGS! Come on Kenny... Pull the trigger. Please. For once in your life take a chance and make me happy.

Mmm yes, so acquiring Chelios and Lang weren't "changes in the team for a hope in the playoffs to bring it home"? They weren't chances? Gimme a break.

Black and white, black and white..

it wasn't too long ago that this man was a pure goalscorer and the most dominate power forward in the league (please please please,..lets not aruge about the defintion of power forward again shall we?) He's exactly the kind of guy we need in Detroit that we havn't had in years. Guys like cleary but on a more skilled level, who know there career is in the toilette and this might be there last shot at playing with a respectable team. Men with nothing to lose, and everything to prove are very very dangerous. I think he'd destroy people if he wore the red and white.

Not if he can't skate.

And FYI (this goes to you too, HC): one cannot get up from an injury and go back to playing optimal hockey. To regain the strength and anaerobic threshold necessary takes a LONG time. At present, this guy isn't even able to play a game AT ALL, let alone at full potential.

I'd pick him up if it carried a VERY small cost. Hudler? HELL no. Florida is asking us to buy a potentially-totaled car right now. We can't be sure if it'll ever work again.

We'll know within 13 hours and 35 minutes.

Mmm yes, so acquiring Chelios and Lang weren't "changes in the team for a hope in the playoffs to bring it home"? They weren't chances? Gimme a break.

Black and white, black and white..

Not if he can't skate.

And FYI (this goes to you too, HC): one cannot get up from an injury and go back to playing optimal hockey. To regain the strength and anaerobic threshold necessary takes a LONG time. At present, this guy isn't even able to play a game AT ALL, let alone at full potential.

I'd pick him up if it carried a VERY small cost. Hudler? HELL no. Florida is asking us to buy a potentially-totaled car right now. We can't be sure if it'll ever work again.

Don't let them bug you Crymson, sometimes these jackasses just don't think... it really is black and white to some around here, sadly enough.

There was plenty of bitching about Hasek before we signed him. He came cheap, and we took a risk on his chronic injury and drought of playing time, and look how it panned out. If Bert comes comparably cheap, I think it'd be the best gamble we could make.

I agree with that, except that this is an even better gamble in my opinion because although we took Dom on a gamble as well, a starting goalie is a lot more valuable than a forward. Just look at what happened to Ottawa last year. I'm not saying that Hasek being out cost Ottawa their season but it sure didn't help the way he played before he got injured.

Having the tacit endorsement from guys like Yzerman would do Bertuzzi's image some good. Too bad Bertuzzi has no say.

If he's ready to go, like soon, he might be in good enough shape to make a difference. Imagine after dealing with Holmstrom on the pp in front of the net, Bertuzzi takes his place for the second unit.