• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Sparty13

Nick Lidstrom

Rate this topic

What do you guys think of Lidstrom's salary. I mean he totally deserves the 7.6 mill he's making but do you think he should've taken a pay cut so Detroit could have more cap space? I know he probably has all the money in the world and it wouldn't hurt to make 1 or 2 million less. Chelios is only making like $800,000, Haseks around 800 also, and Homer just signed for wayyy less than he could make in free agency. I think niedermayer and pronger make around 6. I really dont know, what do you guys think?

Guest Crymson

What do you guys think of Lidstrom's salary. I mean he totally deserves the 7.6 mill he's making but do you think he should've taken a pay cut so Detroit could have more cap space? I know he probably has all the money in the world and it wouldn't hurt to make 1 or 2 million less. Chelios is only making like $800,000, Haseks around 800 also, and Homer just signed for wayyy less than he could make in free agency. I think niedermayer and pronger make around 6. I really dont know, what do you guys think?

He deserves every dollar he gets. He could have asked for more elsewhere--he may be the best player in the world at the moment.

It's really easy to give up one or two million dollars when it's someone else's money, ain't it.

When you have the the best defenseman in the league, you pay what it takes to keep him.

Hands down, he's worth every penny at 7.6, and I have no problem at all with the cap space he takes up.

Has there ever been a player that won a major trophy in the final year of his contract and then proceeded to take a paycut?

I'm actually curious about that now...

I don't know about paycuts, but I know of a guy (who I think might be the only one) who won a major trophy in the final year of his contract and didn't ask for more.

Nick Lidstrom

I don't know about paycuts, but I know of a guy (who I think might be the only one) who won a major trophy in the final year of his contract and didn't ask for more.

Nick Lidstrom

It is allot of money but he is worth it. I wish he would take less cause next year we will need the money for a goalie perhaps.

It would not be good for the NHLPA for a player to accept less than he is worth. It is okay for a guy to accept marginally less to stay with his team, but accepting significantly less than your market value is normally frowned upon, it drives everyone else's salaries down.

With respect to Lidstrom, there probably would have been a team who would offer him the most, but I am not sure his market value really should have been there. You need to consider the type of contract signed, most importantly, length.

For example, there was a risk that being another year old this year, Lidstrom may begin to decline and may not be worth the amount he signed for. The following year, he's another year older, etc. The older you are, generally your average yearly salary will decrease if you are signing a longer term contract.