• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 01:09 AM

These guys were placed on waivers.... I think we should trade Lilja for whatever we can get, pick Berard off waivers to be a depth guy instead - he's better than Lilja.

Secondly, I think it would be silly if we don't at least try to pick up Cajanek.... If for nothing else but depth. Cajanek has something like 35pts or close to that this season. He isn't a big guy, but he seems like the type of player who can turn it up when needed.

These are just some thoughts in light of the players placed on waivers this afternoon.

What do you think, people?

#2 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 01:12 AM

You assume that they will be there when we get round to them. I don't think its even a possiblity. If we can move Lilja we will prob use that money to get people in trades.

I don't think you would be any more happy with either of them. I would not even think about tampering with the D until the second line is not a problem.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#3 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 01:13 AM

Both take up more cap room than they're worth. Cajanek is not that useful and is on a multi-year deal. I'd just as soon call up Quincy as opposed to play Berard.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#4 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 01:14 AM

QUOTE(Majsheppard @ February 27, 2007 - 01:12AM) View Post

You assume that they will be there when we get round to them. I don't think its even a possiblity. If we can move Lilja we will prob use that money to get people in trades.

I don't think you would be any more happy with either of them. I would not even think about tampering with the D until the second line is not a problem.

How is adding Berard and letting go of Lilja "tampering with the D?"

Berard is clearly a better defensemen than Lilja, and Lilja hasn't done anything good for us this season.

Cajanek would be just for depth, we're not giving up anything huge for him since he's on waivers, so this doesn't mean we can't still go get Guerin, etc...

And getting Cajanek is assuming we lose someone off our roster, for example Lang or Hudler... to trades. Obviously Lang will most like not be able to be moved, but I can dream damnit!

Edited by SwedeLundin77, 27 February 2007 - 01:15 AM.

#5 elriqo28

elriqo28

head tap!

• PipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 01:50 AM

QUOTE(SwedeLundin77 @ February 27, 2007 - 01:14AM) View Post

How is adding Berard and letting go of Lilja "tampering with the D?"

Berard is clearly a better defensemen than Lilja, and Lilja hasn't done anything good for us this season.

Cajanek would be just for depth, we're not giving up anything huge for him since he's on waivers, so this doesn't mean we can't still go get Guerin, etc...

And getting Cajanek is assuming we lose someone off our roster, for example Lang or Hudler... to trades. Obviously Lang will most like not be able to be moved, but I can dream damnit!

who the hell cares, neither are coming to detroit!

#6 Never_Retire_Steve

Never_Retire_Steve

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 01:57 AM

I wouldn't want either one but who would want Lilja anyways?

#7 Feldmarschall

Feldmarschall

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 03:03 AM

Berard's got the ability to put up crazy points for a defenseman. He'll make somebody happy once he's back into game shape, but probably not any of us.

#8 ShanTheMan14

ShanTheMan14

Z

• PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 03:20 AM

Neither. No one would take Lilja. Berard isn't worth the money. Cajanek is the type of player they don't need, a smallish player with decent offensive skills but who has underachieved his entire career. They just got rid of one of those in Jason Williams.
Good luck in New York, Shanny.

#9 Cicada

Cicada

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 04:19 AM

QUOTE(Feldmarschall @ February 27, 2007 - 03:03AM) View Post

Berard's got the ability to put up crazy points for a defenseman. He'll make somebody happy once he's back into game shape, but probably not any of us.

thats not what we need though..

4 of our 7 defenseman are very offensive..Lebda basically plays as a 4th forward he pinches so much

if we get a defenseman its gotta be a defensive one
IPB Image

#10 norrisnick

norrisnick

GOAT

• Bronze Booster
  • 16,002 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 05:30 AM

Berard is worse defensively than most forwards. I'd gladly keep Lilly if it means not having Berard running amok on the ice wearing the Winged Wheel.

Posted Image

#11 FinRedWing

FinRedWing

Not against the cap

• HoF Booster
  • 4,598 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 07:10 AM

exclamation.gif No more goals by Cajanek,Hasek won't be missing him. cool.gif
Burke.gif