9 replies to this topic

#1 DetroitWhat

DetroitWhat

Rookie

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 02:36 AM

Article on Mlive

Holland said the Wings will not trade any more players off their roster. He also said he's not going to acquire a defenseman, contrary to some reports.

Looks like Huds is staying!

#2 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

It's Now or Never, Kenny....

• Silver Booster
  • 5,443 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 02:42 AM

umm.....how the hell does he plan on getting Guerin without trading a roster player? The best we can hope for is Nolan and/or Bertuzzi if all we're gonna deal are picks. Whatever. I'm still fine with if we can get one of those guys.

Edited by shanahanman, 27 February 2007 - 02:44 AM.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#3 Dabura

Dabura

Cake Eater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,062 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 02:51 AM

Can Holland be traded?

Don't Toews me, bro!

#4 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

It's Now or Never, Kenny....

• Silver Booster
  • 5,443 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 02:57 AM

QUOTE(Dabura @ February 26, 2007 - 11:51PM) View Post

Can Holland be traded?

laugh.gif ......i really don't wanna get on Holland's case but he's seriously dreamin if he thinks he can land Guerin without a roster player. I'm sure St.Louis will be jumping up and down for an offer of Langfield and a 4th round pick dry.gif

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#5 Dabura

Dabura

Cake Eater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,062 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 03:04 AM

QUOTE(shanahanman @ February 27, 2007 - 02:57AM) View Post

laugh.gif ......i really don't wanna get on Holland's case but he's seriously dreamin if he thinks he can land Guerin without a roster player. I'm sure St.Louis will be jumping up and down for an offer of Langfield and a 4th round pick dry.gif

I reckon he has no interest in landing Guerin at this point. And probably for good reason--I imagine the asking price is still ridiculous.

This could just be a tactic in the eleventh hour, but it's just as likely that it isn't. He did say, after all, that he's perfectly willing to go into the postseason without any major additions.

I'm hoping it has something to do with Bert, but...oh well, we'll see.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#6 skacore

skacore

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 03:04 AM

I really don't think this matters considering what we have to offer.. Hudler/Filppula are the only young guns on the roster with real potential and it's pretty clear Filppula wasn't going anywhere.. so all this does is take Hudler out of the mix, we still have the exact same prospects and picks as we did before lol.. the only thing is if we do trade for a player without moving a roster player, who is sitting out in the playoffs? Is Kopecky not coming back this season?

#7 ShanTheMan14

ShanTheMan14

Z

• PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 03:15 AM

QUOTE(SkaRockSteady @ February 27, 2007 - 01:04AM) View Post

Is Kopecky not coming back this season?

Kopecky is out for the season. Trading for Guerin is just a pipe dream at this point, look what St. Louis was able to squeeze out of Atlanta just for Keith Tkachuk. That is unless, I've underestimated Holland's propensity for being completely incompetent. I've got mixed feelings about any deal possibly involving Bertuzzi or Nolan. Too bad he nixed the idea of trading for another D. I was crossing my fingers for Nick Boynton.

Edited by ShanTheMan14, 27 February 2007 - 03:16 AM.

Good luck in New York, Shanny.

#8 jenova0

jenova0

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 04:02 AM

QUOTE(ShanTheMan14 @ February 27, 2007 - 03:15AM) View Post

Kopecky is out for the season. Trading for Guerin is just a pipe dream at this point, look what St. Louis was able to squeeze out of Atlanta just for Keith Tkachuk. That is unless, I've underestimated Holland's propensity for being completely incompetent. I've got mixed feelings about any deal possibly involving Bertuzzi or Nolan. Too bad he nixed the idea of trading for another D. I was crossing my fingers for Nick Boynton.

You seriously want to give up 3 early round picks and a prospect for Guerin?
"You either get it, or you don't" - Dr. Phil

#9 Cicada

Cicada

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 04:16 AM

we were never going to get Guerin anyway
IPB Image

#10 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 04:33 AM

QUOTE(jenova0 @ February 27, 2007 - 04:02AM) View Post

You seriously want to give up 3 early round picks and a prospect for Guerin?

This thread is stupid. Holland isn't going to give up the team's future. Come on, everyone knows the W ings pick better than anyone with what they have. Our drafting and scouting is one of our most valuable assets. Roster players are moving if another deal goes down. The end.

IPB Image