• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ShanahanMan

Wings frontrunners for Blake

Rate this topic

I am excited to see what happens here. Supposedly we dropped out of the Guerin sweepstakes so this is it its Blake or nothing. (In terms of star player)

- It's believed the Ducks and Sharks are battling for Bill Guerin, with both clubs willing to part with a top young player and a first rounder. The Senators and Wings are apparently out of the running as they're unwilling to pay the asking price.

From Spectors

I think it will take a prospect and 3 picks or 2 prospects and 2 picks (San Jose already traded their first rounder so we have an edge on them there)....

A little steep in terms of price but the market is crazy and I like our chances better with Blake.

Edited by russianswede919293

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Am I the only one who doesn't particularly want Blake? :huh:

Would you rather acquire Blake for prospects and picks or do nothing?

Blake is obviously not most people's idea of the perfect addition but you can't argue with the guy's talent and speed. He'd come in here and basically make Draper look slow IMO.

I'm not one for bringing in more little guys but when they are as talented as Danny Briere or Drury or St.Louis or Blake, its almost a no-brainer. He's scored over 20 goals 4 years in a row and this year he's going to score probably close to 40 goals (he's at 29 right now). We need a scoring winger. He may not be a bruising scoring winger but still...

Would you rather acquire Blake for prospects and picks or do nothing?

Blake is obviously not most people's idea of the perfect addition but you can't argue with the guy's talent and speed. He'd come in here and basically make Draper look slow IMO.

I'm not one for bringing in more little guys but when they are as talented as Danny Briere or Drury or St.Louis or Blake, its almost a no-brainer. He's scored over 20 goals 4 years in a row and this year he's going to score probably close to 40 goals (he's at 29 right now). We need a scoring winger. He may not be a bruising scoring winger but still...

I guess this team could do with an injection of pace. But his size and lack of production during the playoffs concerns me a little.

I hope this happens. We do need another scorer but if it is at all possible i would much rather see Billy G. in the winged wheel. I guess that is pretty much a long shot at this point.

I want to see one more move and then i sleep a little bit easier tonight.