• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
TheChosenOne

I'm Calling It Now...Wings Land Olli Jokinen By 3:00

Rate this topic

I was reading on TSN that his name has been floating around in trade rumors, and it's no secret Holland has been talking with Florida a lot over the past few days. I think everyone is assuming it's for Bertuzzi or Roberts, but I say Kenny pulls a rabbit out of a hat here and gets Jokinen.

Go ahead and laugh now...but we'll all be celebrating later

There has been talk that they were ready to part with Lang possibly. But even if they got Jokinen they still need a scoring winger in my opinion. Thats the problem with the 2nd line now. Lang has no offensive help. Williams wasn't doing anything and Cleary got ice cold. Calder might be slightly better than Williams since like everyone had been saying he wasn't the same after the Torres hit. But it won't solve the problem on that line.

While he'd be a great addition, I'd rather the Wings focus on adding size, grit, and toughness.

Jokinen is 6' 3, has 64 PIM's and 61 points in 63 games. What's not to like!

Edited by Aussie_Wing

Jokinen is 6' 3, has 64 PIM's and 61 points in 63 games. What's not to like!

Jokinen would be an awsome addition to this team. Great player and hungry for playoff success.

My 2 concerns: It may take more then Lang to get him here and this would be considered major surgery...would it upset team chemistry??

My 2 concerns: It may take more then Lang to get him here and this would be considered major surgery...would it upset team chemistry??

team chemistry was my main concern, too. but in such case Jokinen takes Lang's place

on the line with Calder and Franzenstein/Sammy then Cleary. it's pretty much changing

the whole 2nd scoring line right now.

good or bad? good because the line was nevertheless doing s*** so far. bad, because

it has just 1.5 month to glue together and provide scoring. and we desperately need this

to work come playoffs.

Jokinen would not come for just Lang, though. some pick may also be included.

but anyway - I'd love to have Jokinen with Wings. he's big, skilled and brings great

leadership. and he's pretty likely to play inspired. I like this idea

Jokinen would be an awsome addition to this team. Great player and hungry for playoff success.

I'd say Nathan Horton is a more likely possibility than Jokinen.

Guest MrSandMan

Op- I'm not laughing... but the probility of this deal ziltch to none.

I don't think holland will be making any 'big' moves. He may get another low profile depth player, if anything at all.

We're not giving up any of our valued prospects or picks...

Lang's Salary is too high and production too low for anyone to be interested. They should of threw Lang in the Calder deal just for good measure...lol

Are you guys insane or just joking? Why would a team not in playoff contention want anything to do with a UFA Robert Lang?

good call!

Lang is about the only asset we can move to get Jokinen. assuming Panthers

are not sold on Lilja of course, but this is pretty clear to me :)

Are you guys insane or just joking? Why would a team not in playoff contention want anything to do with a UFA Robert Lang?

Fantastic point.

assuming Panthers

are not sold on Lilja of course, but this is pretty clear to me

Let's not forget where Lilly pants came from... he played a few seasons down there... perhaps they miss him???

One can dream...

Good point...

Perhaps there could be a three way situation and Florida flips for more draft picks?

I think this speculation has run it's course!! We'll see what happens as the day goes. :hehe:

Guest Crymson

but that must mean Lang is a goner at the same time? We can't have 4 scoring line centers on the team.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: see sig

Feds? No please. No.

I wouldn't care what it took to get Jokinen, this guy is an all-world talent. Playing in florida he's still one of the league's best, he could only help. I bet he's ready to start playing for the cup every year, no place to do that like Detroit!!

i also think if we get Jokinen were going to have a lot of trouble resigning Datsyuk

If we get Jokinen then Dats can go piss on an electric fence, he is SO MUCH better than Dats.