• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

rick zombo

Sabres trade Biron to Flyers

Rate this topic

It HAS to be a pre-cursor to another move... what are Biron and Conklin's cap numbers?

definitely. they got draft pick which can be thrown for a Guerin trade, pressumably.

Buffalo is depleted but cup-poised this year. there's no logic in getting picks for them

Edited by akustyk

Not sure I understand why they'd move Biron and acquire Conklin.

It HAS to be a pre-cursor to another move... what are Biron and Conklin's cap numbers?

Exactly, They got SOMETHING for a guy leaving at the end of the year anyways, and they made room for another trade with all those injuries, its a good traade

is Philly shopping Nittymaki then?

Probably Esche not Nitiimaki

Flyers will definitely be shopping Esche now. He said he only wants to be the #1 guy, and now he's #3 in philly. I bet they scratch him, and probably don't even let him into the locker room after today, he'll cause too much of a disruption.

I really like what the Flyers are doing. I was Die-Hard flyer fan when I was growing up in Philly, watched them get swept by the Wings in the finals and then moved to Nashville in time for the Preds who are my unquestioned #1 now. I fell away from the Flyers the past few years with all of the horrible moves they made, but with Clarke out of the picture, and the way they're building for the future, i can definitely get on board with them again (as a distant #2 that is)

Niityymaki and Biron in net

Pitkanen, Parent, Kuukonen, Gauthier, Picard, Jones and Timonen on the blueline (they'll dump Hatcher)

Gagne, Knuble, Carter, Richards, Upshall, Umberger, Sanderson, Kapanen and up front.

Plus the #1 pick in the draft coming up, the possibility of re-signing Forsberg, and a few guys they can dangle as trade bait. I think they'll turn things around very, very quickly.

Edited by Legionnaire11

Gagne, Knuble, Carter, Richards, Upshall, Umberger, Sanderson, Kapanen and Calder up front

Are you assuming Calder returns to the Flyers after the season? Because if you haven't heard, he's a Red Wing this morning.

I could see him returning, though. He played like crap, but apparently likes it there.

Smart move by the Flyers. I wouldn't be surprised if they had already agreed to a contract extension with Biron before the trade. It'll probably come out in the details later. It's like the ole NBA "sign and trade" action that happens so much. I think it's a great move.