• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Saran

TSN: Laraque traded to Penguins

Rate this topic

Laraque has a "no movement" clause. Not just a no trade. This means he can't be sent down to the minors, waived, looked at cock-eyed, etc.

Pittsburgh are taking on some prime babysitting duties.

That being said, the Pens got alot grittier adding Laraque and Roberts.

Hopefully they can scare Fluery into stopping some pucks.

The best part of this deal? He didn't go to Calgary.

Edited by rick zombo

Wish the Wings could have got him....sick of seeing Hasek getting run.....elbows high on our forwards....

Would have made a nice fourth line add on for the playoff run....just like Edmonton last year...

We needed a guy like this, I was hoping we got him but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

IMO, the Pengs are loading for one heck of a playoff run. I think that they are making their team a force in the playoffs. They have alot of talent and now they are getting the grit and tough players to make a good long run.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

The pens could very well be in the finals with these deals. They are going for it! Unlike us.

Are you serious? Because of Laraque and Roberts they are "going for it"

Unlike us?

We have Hasek, they have Fleury. 'nuff said'

We have Lidstrom, Schneider and Chely, they have Gonchar.

Other than Crosby, Malkin and Staal (0 combined playoff experience) they've got Recchi and a bunch of guys who've never sniffed the playoffs or are rookies or 2nd year players (Oulette, Tablot, Armstrong)

The Pens can score 3-4 games every night just like the Wings of old and let's see what happens when the playoffs role around and games are 2-1 or 1-0.

The Pens may get thru the 1st round. Maybe. And that's a huge maybe.

I thought they chopped the draft down to 7 rounds in the new CBA?

(Perhaps I should stop calling it the "new" CBA, since it's almost 2 years old)

If Shero actually sent an 8th round pick, he has to be one of the greatest GM's ever.

Are you serious? Because of Laraque and Roberts they are "going for it"

Unlike us?

We have Hasek, they have Fleury. 'nuff said'

We have Lidstrom, Schneider and Chely, they have Gonchar.

Other than Crosby, Malkin and Staal (0 combined playoff experience) they've got Recchi and a bunch of guys who've never sniffed the playoffs or are rookies or 2nd year players (Oulette, Tablot, Armstrong)

The Pens can score 3-4 games every night just like the Wings of old and let's see what happens when the playoffs role around and games are 2-1 or 1-0.

The Pens may get thru the 1st round. Maybe. And that's a huge maybe.

Agreed.

They are certainly a dangerous team, but at the same time, it wouldn't be a surprise if they go down early, or even miss the playoffs. Either way, the team is improving.

How could the Wings not have gotten him. The price was cheap, and I'm sure Laraque would have loved to join the Wings.

Cause there was talk about Phoenix restriction his options to Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh and Pittsburgh.