• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HOFFDOGG

Official: Guerin Traded to Sharks

Rate this topic

Another bad playoff year. Holland should get the axe.

YEEE HAH! :yowza: Let the Holland bashing begin!!! I called it! Let's start a "Holland" thread, it could get up to 1,000 pages long!!!

( love the avatar by the way NW )

Guerin was on the phone with the TSN guys and said he was not given a choice of teams to go to.

They only gave up a prospect and a pick. There were no roster players involved.

I saw Nieminen was invloved in the trade too. But so far Strickland is the only one reporting that. He may have jumped the gun, but seeing as how Tkachuk fetched them as much as he did it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see Ville involved in the deal too.

Well, Guerin wasn't a force with Dallas, but San Jose is a different animal. I predict he will be great there, with Big Joe and Cheechoo.

I am not giving up on our getting someone good yet. Go, Kenny! I am still holding out for a big surprise this afternoon!

:yowza:

By surprise do you mean Blake???

I hope so Puckloo...but yeah Holland still has plenty of time 2 hours is like 2 days today

YEEE HAH! :yowza: Let the Holland bashing begin!!! I called it! Let's start a "Holland" thread, it could get up to 1,000 pages long!!!

( love the avatar by the way NW )

or maybe we can get a ken holland apoloist thread that would be just as long with people who use equally bad logic to say that he does his job well!

Guest GordieSid&Ted

SERIOUSLY!!!!!! That was not a steep price. We could have done it

How many years in a row did Holland deal our 1st round pick?

How many years and how many ******* whiny, bitchy threads did we have to slug through about how bad Holland sucks for dealing all of our 1st round picks?

Sorry, unless the guy is really good and plans on sticking around detroit for more than a couple of months, i'll keep my 1st round pick. They don't grow on trees anymore.

Muckler said it best already, that the price teams are paying is too steep. He stopped at calling other GM's ******* idiots but we get his drift.

Nashville deals 3 picks.

Atlanta gives up 3 picks, 1st rounder + an additional 1st rounder if Tkachub resigns. Think about that, the Thrashers won't have a 1st round pick next year and possibly the year after.

In the new NHL teams will be built in spurts. You'll have some good drafts and those players will make you competitive (see Pittsburgh) and then they'll fly away to the free agent market.

You can't go on dealing 1st round picks no matter if we pick 30th or not.

1st round pick + a prospect for Guerin only looks good because of how ******* stupid the GM's ahead of this deal were.

Guerin should've been fetched for a 2nd or 3rd rounder and a prospect or perhaps roster player.

GM's have lost their friggin minds. Picks are too valuable now.

TSN just posted that Nieminen was involved in the trade, as well as Barriball and a first. Again, that's too much for the Wings to try and match or beat. Our farm system isn't that deep. I don't mind that Kenny didn't overbid at all. We need youth and size, and those guys get drafted in the first round.

Guest MrSandMan

How many years in a row did Holland deal our 1st round pick?

How many years and how many ******* whiny, bitchy threads did we have to slug through about how bad Holland sucks for dealing all of our 1st round picks?

Sorry, unless the guy is really good and plans on sticking around detroit for more than a couple of months, i'll keep my 1st round pick. They don't grow on trees anymore.

Muckler said it best already, that the price teams are paying is too steep. He stopped at calling other GM's ******* idiots but we get his drift.

Nashville deals 3 picks.

Atlanta gives up 3 picks, 1st rounder + an additional 1st rounder if Tkachub resigns. Think about that, the Thrashers won't have a 1st round pick next year and possibly the year after.

In the new NHL teams will be built in spurts. You'll have some good drafts and those players will make you competitive (see Pittsburgh) and then they'll fly away to the free agent market.

You can't go on dealing 1st round picks no matter if we pick 30th or not.

1st round pick + a prospect for Guerin only looks good because of how ******* stupid the GM's ahead of this deal were.

Guerin should've been fetched for a 2nd or 3rd rounder and a prospect or perhaps roster player.

GM's have lost their friggin minds. Picks are too valuable now.

:thumbup: The most logical and level post regarding the matter yet. I agree 100% Save our 1st round PICKS!!!!!

I swear, people here want to mortgage our entire farm for a scab player to fill in for a few months.. get REAL.

I for one like to watch Detroit compete year after year. Not looking forward to watching the "dead wings".

Again, I'll say it. Keep our first round PICKS and talented Prospects .

Edited by MrSandMan

TSN just posted that Nieminen was involved in the trade, as well as Barriball and a first. Again, that's too much for the Wings to try and match or beat. Our farm system isn't that deep. I don't mind that Kenny didn't overbid at all. We need youth and size, and those guys get drafted in the first round.

You do realize that our "first" round picks are usually no higher than 25th? Given that we have been one of the top five teams in the league for the past few years, our first rounders are very low.

Barribal needs to get much bigger but he has the most points on the best college team in the country. He is also only a frosh.

He and Erik Johnson will be in STL for the Frozen Four.

Overall good deal. Now 3 first round draft picks. I might be most excited about the Boyes acquisition.

go blues.