• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jackrabbit

Is Calder this year's Cory Cross?

Rate this topic

Guerin gets moved and the Retard Rodeo comes to town again... Mods gonna be workin' overtime this afternoon.

Ree-lax. I'm not going off. I understand that even though I can make any trade on those goofy video games, that doesn't happen in real life. I guess it's taken me up until today to realize that we're not willing to pay the market rates for the talent available. The investment rate on trades might be too much for us to do anything...

Guest Crymson

Are we really a (Kyle) Calder away from the Cup run? Is this it? What will it take to get something else done?

All of this Cory Cross is totally out of context. We lost only one game in regulation after the trade deadline last year, and that one game was a meaningless final-game loss against Nashville, with many players scratched for rest. That's 1 game in 21 without a point. We didn't need anyone. Cory Cross was a token gesture--there was no need to alter an already solid roster. In the post-cap era, going out and spending on a very expensive-player just to have a cherry-on-top cannot happen.

Holland is working, I assure you. Relax.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

He's not working enough, Thats for sure.

Better he do nothing than overpay IMO. But hey, that's just me. You see, I like the fact that Holland doesn't succumb to the panic and idiocy that some other GM's do.

Team's are throwing away 1st round picks and other draft picks for rental players like its going out of style. It's laughable.

Honestly, the only good deals i've seen all day are

Laraque for some no-name and an 8th round pick

and

Biron for a 2nd rounder

that's it, the rest of the GM's have lost their collective goddamned minds.

Bash Holland = bash Nill, Devellano, Yzerman, Bowman and everyone else involved in the process. It is retarded to think Holland is doing everything by himself and all the other guys are just sitting on their asses having no contribution whatsoever. These guys will do the right thing for us.

Edited by FinWing

If he is this year's Cory Cross that means he will score on his first shift tonight! Yay! :clap:

True true. I remember that. It was pretty awesome. I just hope that Calder is a little more better than what Cross was!! Didn't Cross eventually become our seventh defenseman, pretty much rendering him useless.

Calder is an upgrade to our 2nd line, and he provides us with salary cap relief in the off season.

Cross was a guy who couldn't even crack the lineup once the playoffs rolled around.

These trades are not even comparable.

i was thinking that trade deadline or trades no matter contain anything meaningful for us. calder is the new cross, the guy is -31. i wouldnt be suprised if next year we trade for mike grier. :D

:unsure:

Grier is a good player,i'm surprised you compare him to Cross?

Mike's great on PK,fast and he can score too-I'd be pleased if he'd join the Wings.

Did I miss something? Did the trade deadline get magically bumped up to 1pm?

Relax people... Save the bridge-jumping and Holland bashing until at least 3:01pm.

Which is why I may be logging off at 3:00 on the nose.

Calder is an upgrade to our 2nd line, and he provides us with salary cap relief in the off season.

Cross was a guy who couldn't even crack the lineup once the playoffs rolled around.

Exactly.

Calder was not so much a move to improve the team for the playoffs. It was more to get rid of Williams and his contract for next year.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

True true. I remember that. It was pretty awesome. I just hope that Calder is a little more better than what Cross was!! Didn't Cross eventually become our seventh defenseman, pretty much rendering him useless.

Yeah he got benched in favor of LILJA!!! If that doesn't tell you where he stands, nothing else can.

Which is why I may be logging off at 3:00 on the nose.

Well, truth be told there'll be so many faxes sent to the NHL office up to the deadline it'll be an hour or two to really know what really happened.

Guest LivingtheDream

I agree. Article said Mark Howe, wings scout, really liked Calder's energy and heart. The guy comes to play 100% every game even when those games are with the lousy Flyers. His FLyers stats are as meaningless as a school report card from a kid living in a state run foster home in New Jersey. For all those whining about the lazy 2nd line, you are going to see some jump and energy right away. Think 90's era Maltby energy, but with much better hands. He had a good year with Chicago and I think he just needs a new home and new start.

Well, truth be told there'll be so many faxes sent to the NHL office up to the deadline it'll be an hour or two to really know what really happened.

True, but I figure most of the people who will be bitching won't take that into consideration.

More on topic, the thing that has me a little worried about the Calder move is it actually makes our cap situation worse in the short term. It just seems like if Holland were truly going to bring in a big gun, he'd want all the room he could get.

How much space do the Wings have?