• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
rwfan007

Good old Brett...

Rate this topic

Just something to break up all this trade talk, a nice little "out" i guess.

Brett Hull, during a recent interview with WFAN in New York: "I don't even think people know Versus is a station. Just what is a Versus? It's a ridiculously bad channel." (Wonder how NBC partner Bill Clement, who's also on Versus, likes that one?)

• Hullie again, on Gary Bettman: "I don't think he really understands the game. He doesn't understand the history, and at times I don't think he really gives a hoot. All he cares about is if he's making the owners happy."

From Freep.

http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID.../702270382/1053

• Hullie again, on Gary Bettman: "I don't think he really understands the game. He doesn't understand the history, and at times I don't think he really gives a hoot. All he cares about is if he's making the owners happy."

:clap::clap::clap:

From Freep.

Well, that's really his job. He's not representing the entire league, he's representing the owners. Doing something that everyone thinks is best for the league that goes against what the owners' think is best, would not be a wise decision for someone in his position.

Buttman is not even representing the owners. he's f* passive when majority of them tries to force schedule changes, effectivly keeping this s***ty current format just as 6 or 8 out of 30 GM prefer.

Edited by akustyk

From Freep.

He couldn't be more right.

I commend him for saying that.

Buttman is not even representing the owners. he's f* passive when majority of them tries to force schedule changes, effectivly keeping this s***ty current format just as 6 or 8 out of 30 GM prefer.

It was actually 11 of the 30 that voted against it and I'm not sure how Bettman has control over the rule that requires at least 2/3, it's not like he can simply decide to make changes, or not make changes.

I, by no means am a fan of Bettman, but I think he takes more of the blame for everything wrong with the game than he deserves.

It was actually 11 of the 30 that voted against it and I'm not sure how Bettman has control over the rule that requires at least 2/3, it's not like he can simply decide to make changes, or not make changes.

I read about 8 GM's in favor of and Buttman refusing to give his nod to simply approve this.

I'm not gonna argue on that, though

pretty much nailed it. I'm not gonna praise him for saying what basically everybody knows, but it's good that someone speaks it loud at last

In our society saying the blatantly obvious is what passes for insight.

Good for Brett. Versus does blow and bettman needs to go.

How about Brett for comisioner of the league. That would be fun to see.

Unfortunately that'd be sending it to the other end of the spectrum. What we actually need is someone who can balance business and hockey. A league that only holds hardcore fans is as useless as one that neglects them. We need the NHL of the early nineties back :P

In our society saying the blatantly obvious is what passes for insight.

ummm... I'm not from the US society, actually ;)

but it's similar in this part of the world, to be honest :)

WOW! I finally disagree with Brett Hull on something, the Versus deal.

Given time and in the long run this is a better deal than what the NHL was getting or was going to get on ESPN.

That mickey mouse network would rather show ... take your pick ... anything over hockey!

I find it incredible NHL fans who complain about Versus but don't remember how poorly ESPN treated the League.

IMO if anybody at ESPN says or writes they want the NHL back, it's just so ESPN can have a monoply.

As far as Hull's take on Bettman, I agree with him a 100 percent.

WOW! I finally disagree with Brett Hull on something, the Versus deal.

Given time and in the long run this is a better deal than what the NHL was getting or was going to get on ESPN.

That mickey mouse network would rather show ... take your pick ... anything over hockey!

I find it incredible NHL fans who complain about Versus but don't remember how poorly ESPN treated the League.

IMO if anybody at ESPN says or writes they want the NHL back, it's just so ESPN can have a monoply.

As far as Hull's take on Bettman, I agree with him a 100 percent.

I agree with you as well. People seem to forget that ESPN didn't start off being a mega Sports company either. We need to have some foresight here. ESPN would hide most NHL games on different channels, days and times and after the game was done that was it. Versus has been very stable and they start each game with a pregame show and end each one with a postgame show. They also have excellent coverage on the league as a whole. Sure, not as many people have VS. compared to ESPN but that will change in the future.

Regarding Bettman, what does Hull think? Bettman is HIRED BY THE OWNERS. What do you think his #1 goal is? TO MAKE THE OWNERS MONEY!!! Afterall, the owners OWN THE LEAGUE. Duh!

If you were hired to be a manager of a company would you go into every union negotiation trying to give the union as much money as humanly possible? Would you go against your bosses orders to change things in the company because you thought it'd be better? Of course not. You're going to do whatever it is you're told by your bosses to keep your job.

When are all the anti-Bettman people out there going to get this through their thick skulls? Bettman is a hired gun by the owners. He will do what he's told.

I'm not a Bettman apologist and I don't agree with some of the things he's done but I'm not ignorant enough to realise that it's not really him making the decisions. From expansion to rule changes to CBA negotations every decision must go through the BOG first. Bettman simply pushes whatever agenda his bosses, AKA the Owners, give to him.

Please wake up. Bettman is nothing more than a puppet or figure head for the owners as a whole.

If Hull or anyone else hates what's going on in the NHL start writing 30 letters to each owner in the league. Dear Mr.Illitch, Dear Mr.Karmanos, Dear Mr.Snider, etc...