• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
AUWingsFan

Jason Blake

Rate this topic

Ok, so I have been reading the rumors that Blake might be coming here, and some on this board have seemed pretty excited about it. I was just curious as to if he is a gritty guy willing to work the corners (because these guys seem to be key and what we've missed the past few years in the playoffs)?? I was hoping that we'd be getting Bertuzzi, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up on him, and if Blake can be had for a decent price and is willing to work in the corners I say bring him on in!

Personally, I'd love to have a big guy with a scoring touch who will drop the gloves, but honestly, if we're just looking at someone for a playoff run then really I think we only really need some guys who are willing to muck it out in the corners and get the dirty goals. So if anyone can shed some light on Jason Blake and how gritty his game is I'd appreciate it. thanks!

Free Press released an article saying the Islanders offered Detroit Blake. I say take it. Then get a fighter. After that, were set for playoff time. Blake has 29 goals this year, he's the spark needed for the second line. Now, he doesn't have size, nor is he gritty, but he's fast, can score, and is a relentless forechecker..I'd get on it..

Edited by CMatt89

Free Press released an article saying the Islanders offered Detroit Blake. I say take it. Then get a fighter. After that, were set for playoff time. Blake has 29 goals this year, he's the spark needed for the second line. Now, he doesn't have size, nor is he gritty, but he's fast, can score, and is a relentless forechecker..I'd get on it..

link???

Guest GordieSid&Ted

IMO, Blake is very gritty for a player of his skill and size. One would think he can't possibly be gritty cause he's so small but that isn't true. He works hard in the corners and he is a fiesty type. He doesn't take alot of s*** and abuse. Quite frankly i've seen alot of him with his visor are foggy and helmet pushed up over the top of his head because he's always in the middle of scrums. He'll pleasantly surprise people with his grit factor. Of course we still need to trade for him don't we.

Blake reminds me of Draper, except with better hands. I don't think he's quite as good defensively, but he's very quick and he gives a lot of effort every shift.

There are no fights in the Playoffs.

On TSN they just said that there were none outside of the first round last year.

Would you people stop clammering for a worthless player addition, and learn the real meaning of Grit.

Before you, nobody even mentioned fights. No fights outside the first round? What, the first round doesn't count now?! In 2004 there were several fights in the finals. Simon and Roy, Stillman and Ference, Iginla and Lecavalier.

thanks for the responses everyone! I hope people understand I was asking because I know that there are less fights in the playoffs and as such we wouldn't need a fighter but someone to muck it up when teams just want to grind it out to keep the wings from playing their style............hopefully something will be done to improve the team for the playoffs.

I don't know if this is old news but I was just told that the Freep is reporting that Islanders have made an offer to trade Jason Blake. Maybe they put in the trade call before the deadline.