• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sting 11

OFFICIAL: Todd Bertuzzi a Red Wing

Rate this topic

I am very excited over these two acquisitions. I always liked the way Calder played with the Hawks (not familiar with his play in Philly). He seemed to be a nice strong player. Hopefully he'll be the same for us. As for Bertuzzi...if he is healthy. Wow, do we have some power now! I just hope he doesn't go the Darien Hatcher route. A strong, huge player like him going to the net, making plays, and standing up for our talent. If he is healthy we have just made one awesome trade.

OK Kids, this is our hockey lesson of the year:

Topic is: BARGAIN

Teacher is : Ken Holland

2006:

Vancouver Canucks traded Todd Bertuzzi, Bryan Allen and Alex Auld to the Florida Panthers for Roberto Luongo, Lukas Krajicek and a 6th round selection in 2006.

2006/07

He played for the Panthers 7 games.

Came to Detroit for Matthias and a pick.

Is it just me or did the Panthers pull off a horribly ineffective deal last year? Holland is a wizard afterall.

Haha, it's time for some balloons and firework. :yowza:

Edited by EstonianWingsFan#1

And the Wings shore up their pressbox for the playoffs... :P No, I hope he's healthy. I wanna see the goalie's face when Bert parks himself in front after having Holmstrom there...

I'M GLAD I'M GOING TO THE GAME in VAN Mar 17TH!

Edited by dicksmack

Guest Agalloch

This deal is ******* amazing. I love Bertuzzi. When I found out all we gave up for him was a prospect I've never heard of and a conditional draft pick, I about pissed my pants. I LOVE YOU KENNY! First you get rid of J-Will, and now you get Bertuzzi for nothing? HELL YES.

Anyone know if he'll play Friday? Tonight there's a 0% chance I'm sure, but I know he's been skating a lot lately, and is ready to return. I wish he could've played tonight though. I expect Calder to.

I've been listening to TSN's Trade Tracker and Mike Keenan is part of the panel and he said Bertuzzi IS healthy, just not in game shape. So, he could be ready to go and and be in game shape by the playoffs.

If that's true, then this WAS a brilliant deal. Right now I'm not sold on it. When Bert scores his first goal as a wing I'll officially be happy.

But why isn't the conditional pick based on whether Bert ACTUALLY PLAYS in the conference finals instead of the Wings just making it?? It could be done completely without him and we'd still owe a first rounder. ;)

If that's true, then this WAS a brilliant deal. Right now I'm not sold on it. When Bert scores his first goal as a wing I'll officially be happy.

But why isn't the conditional pick based on whether Bert ACTUALLY PLAYS in the conference finals instead of the Wings just making it?? It could be done completely without him and we'd still owe a first rounder. ;)

It sounds like the pick is conditional in some way on how many games he plays.

Hate to be the one to bring this up... but this means that Hudler or Flip probably sits (when everyone is healthy):

Datsyuk - Zetterberg - Holmstrom

Calder - Lang - Bertuzzi

Maltby - Draper - Franzen

Cleary - Filppula - Samuelsson

(Hudler, Kopecky)

If everybody is healthy, I'll gladly deal with that issue :)