• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sting 11

OFFICIAL: Todd Bertuzzi a Red Wing

Rate this topic

Excellent move by Holland :clap:. Kenny screws Atlanta, Nashville, and San Jose, by only giving up only a OHL prospect, Matthius, and a conditional draft pick.

Boys and girls, we have the best GM in the League.

Edited by Barrie

But why isn't the conditional pick based on whether Bert ACTUALLY PLAYS in the conference finals instead of the Wings just making it?? It could be done completely without him and we'd still owe a first rounder. ;)

The TSN guys made it sound like it was a combination of both the Wings progressing in the playoffs and some combination of time played/points scored on Bertuzzi's part.

With Bert in the lineup, he fills the missing piece to the puzzle. I think it is quite safe to say ....

Detroit Red Wings - 06/07 Stanley Cup Champions

Playoff MVP - Todd Bertuzzi

I can see the banner raising already.

Mango has spoken.

Ahhh Im happy ... i hated bertuzzi with a passion when he was on the canucks so i dunno how to feel though, it's like Borat liking Jews ... He can be the extra edge so I'm happy and maybe he can become more liked like Chelios

With Bert in the lineup, he fills the missing piece to the puzzle. I think it is quite safe to say ....

Mango has spoken.

From your lips to God's ears--but let's not get carried away just yet :)

No matter what, isn't a little injection of optimism a great thing?

The TSN guys made it sound like it was a combination of both the Wings progressing in the playoffs and some combination of time played/points scored on Bertuzzi's part.

If that's true then this was a bad ass trade (as in really good). That's not how the original report had it stated. Good deal, thanks for the info.

Mango has spoken.

Talk about jinxing a team! WOW!

If he gets healthy, it will be an incredible deal by Holland. If not, oh well, we didn't give up much. I would've rather had Guerin, or maybe Nolan, but the asking price was probably too high.

Way to go Kenny!!

Guerin? maybe. Nolan I don't think so.

But anyways you're right about everything else. I mean its funny people are still bitching on this one. I mean Hudler and Fillpula stay put and the wings don't give up much. A great deal esecially since the conditional pick is based on, it seems health and numbers in the playoffs. If it doesn't work out then that sucks and if it does thats great. People want to point out Krupp, if it ends up that way who cares? cause you know you would be one of the people coming in here if Holland did nothing. I guess you can't make everybody happy.

I say sit Maltby and play Flip and Huds :D

Hoogs brings up a good point. When Sammy comes back and with an extra roster player, who sits and who plays? Who gets sent down? Submit your lines now! (assuming no Lapointe, as is rumored)