• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sting 11

OFFICIAL: Todd Bertuzzi a Red Wing

Rate this topic

ya but schneider lang will be out ... that would open up 6 million ... and then williams is gone ... calder is a ufa ... markov is a ufa that would be another 2.5 ... + cap geos up ...

so we are going to have a 9 million at least to spend ... we can resign datsyuk and bertuzzi ... we dont need lang schneider calder ... it would be good to re sign markov ... but im sure the rookies can take over for them specially for lang ... anyways i really really hope bert stays with us ... he would be a great help for the future too

Its not really that well have 9 million to spend flat out. For example, if we re-sign Datsyuk, its not like its going to add 6M on to the payroll. If Datsyuk gets 6M, itll be a 2.1M addition to the payroll. Thats a big difference.

tell me if im wrong ... schneider lang markov williams ... without their contract ...we have a total of 8 million ... lets not forget dastyuk's contract finishes wich would give us 11 million to spend ... (i know its not accurate numbers its an estimte) ... were obviously going to re sign datsyuk ... lets say 5.5 - 6 million ... that would leave us with 5 million ... 5 million to sign bertuzzi plus if the cap geos up wich it probably is going up to 47 million thats another 3 million to spend on mr. markov

Edited by KrazyGangsta

According to NHLnumbers.com, Detroit has 24.466 Million tied up in 12 players. The Cap estimate number is ~47M. Thats about 22.5 to spend on 10 players. Considering that Hasek, Chelios, Hudler, Kopecky are all going to make less than 1M individually (and Maltby if Detroit re-signs him), Detroit is in a pretty good spot to re-sign both Datsyuk, Bert, a second line center and fill out the rest.

:blink: wow every body is excited that we picked up a player who is out with a back injury right now. The same player who won't be on the ice any time soon due to he is not 100% better. hummm I was against it when it was just talk and I still don't like the fact the wings picked him up. I hope he is able to do something for the team other than take up cap space and bench space. He will have to do great things to make me change my mind about him.

:blink: wow every body is excited that we picked up a player who is out with a back injury right now. The same player who won't be on the ice any time soon due to he is not 100% better. hummm I was against it when it was just talk and I still don't like the fact the wings picked him up. I hope he is able to do something for the team other than take up cap space and bench space. He will have to do great things to make me change my mind about him.

considering we gave up almost nothing to get him....its a good risk. If he fails, its a low pick and a prospect. If he gets us through the playoffs, panthers get another pick. I say the price was great

Don't know where all these people came from thinking we don't need Schneider, and we should just dump him. He's easily our 2nd best defenseman behind Lidstrom, and I don't see Kronwall or any of our other younger defensemen taking that spot away from him anytime soon.

I wonder what the temptation for Babs will be to put Bert on the top line with Dats an Z? Homer goes down to play with Calder and Lang? You have to consider it as Bert would create TONS of room for Dats and Z... he could play the net presence just as well as Homer too. Also, Bert would be a much more effective protective presence if he was skating on the same line as the guys we want him to protect. Just a thought, but anyways he is the exact type of player we all wanted and he returns to form (or even close to it) we have a great pickup for relatively cheap. I hope he plays well and we resign him to a 3 year deal. He's 32 now and I would think he still has at least 3 more good years left in him.

considering we gave up almost nothing to get him....its a good risk. If he fails, its a low pick and a prospect. If he gets us through the playoffs, panthers get another pick. I say the price was great

once again, he will have to do great things to make me change my mind. I guess everybody is entitled to a second chance, what he did was wrong and I don't feel he paid a big enough price....but that is my personal thought. I hope he changes my mind about him, and I hope he does more than take up cap space. I also hope he can stay healthy.

He is a good player no doubt about that, is he a dirty player (yup)....no doubt about that, will he be good for the wings I hope so....I will just have to watch and see.

On paper Bert is exactly what the Wings needed.

With his back injury though, it remains to be seen if this will be a comeback playoffs for him, or if Detroit just got Uwe Krupped.

I have a feeling Bert and the Wings are gonna be patient with bringing him back, and Bert will be ready to go 110% when playoff time rolls around. I have a feeling he'll be excited and hungry to play again, and the playoffs can only add fuel to the fire.

Ok I can't read through all of this but I can say I was SCREEEEAMING in the car when I heard the news! I am beyong stoked! This was me in the car: :colorbounce:

I'M SO HAPPY!!!

Bert said on the radio that Cheli dropped him an email and wants to be his roomie :lol::lol::lol:

I don't think Todd's a dirty player. Has he done something considered dirty? Yep. But, what would you all think if Kronwall had concussed Lupul bad enough to end his career and/or make him Lindros-like? Does that mean Kronwall's a dirty bag that shouldnt play hockey? Bert didnt mean to break Moore's neck and end his career. Put it behind you people. Who even knows if it was Bert who did it and not the pileup of players ontop of Moore?

I don't think Todd's a dirty player. Has he done something considered dirty? Yep. But, what would you all think if Kronwall had concussed Lupul bad enough to end his career and/or make him Lindros-like? Does that mean Kronwall's a dirty bag that shouldnt play hockey? Bert didnt mean to break Moore's neck and end his career. Put it behind you people. Who even knows if it was Bert who did it and not the pileup of players ontop of Moore?

I won't rehash this whole argument, but it was Bert that broke Moore's neck. Not the pileup.

No cheapshot to the back of the head = no pileup = no broken neck.

It's all his fault. No one else's.

I never really thought of Bertuzzi as a dirty player before the incident. He took bad penalties and could be a hothead, but not someone i'd call dirty. Though his whole career will forever be defined most by that one terrible choice he made.

God, I feel so giddy.

Bertuzzi could run over my mother with a truck, and I'd have to get someone else to call 9-1-1, cause I'd be busy trying to get an autograph.

I have a feeling Bert and the Wings are gonna be patient with bringing him back, and Bert will be ready to go 110% when playoff time rolls around. I have a feeling he'll be excited and hungry to play again, and the playoffs can only add fuel to the fire.

I hope so.

He's only played 7 games this season, so there's gonna be some rust he'll need to shake off in a hurry, especially considering he's on a new team.