• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sting 11

OFFICIAL: Todd Bertuzzi a Red Wing

Rate this topic

Everyone thinks that todd and chelli wont get along because of the hit that bertuzzi put on chelli on 02 but these two are professionals and chelli was quoted the other daying say that he thought todd was what the wings were looking for. Not to metion they have a common respect for one another. Even after the series the two shook hands no problem. We will see how it works out but i dont think they have a grudge between the two...

i dunno about that...

IPB Image

:P

*note* this is a joke, this is only a joke. i do not know what they said to each other, if anything, during the handshake, and i am not implying anything of this sort was said.

More than I would have liked to have given up for Bertuzzi, but considering prices around the league and the rumored deals involving Bert, not bad at all.

Williams, Matthias, and one or two picks for Bertuzzi and Calder? At worst, we give up a decent third-line prospect and a pick for a couple of busts. At best, we get two gritty, scoring wingers for cheap.

Don't like Bertuzzi, but if he's healthy and doesn't play like a jackass and try to end more careers, it's a good deal.

Also....this trade has the potential to revitalize the Wings/Avs rivalry.

And anyone notice how a lot of old Avs are now in the Central?

More than I would have liked to have given up for Bertuzzi, but considering prices around the league and the rumored deals involving Bert, not bad at all.

Williams, Matthias, and one or two picks for Bertuzzi and Calder? At worst, we give up a decent third-line prospect and a pick for a couple of busts. At best, we get two gritty, scoring wingers for cheap.

Don't like Bertuzzi, but if he's healthy and doesn't play like a jackass and try to end more careers, it's a good deal.

Also....this trade has the potential to revitalize the Wings/Avs rivalry.

And anyone notice how a lot of old Avs are now in the Central?

only if he re-signs, we dont play the avs any more this season and theres no way that the avs will make the playoffs. the playoffs are where real rivalries thrive.

I wonder what the temptation for Babs will be to put Bert on the top line with Dats an Z? Homer goes down to play with Calder and Lang? You have to consider it as Bert would create TONS of room for Dats and Z... he could play the net presence just as well as Homer too. Also, Bert would be a much more effective protective presence if he was skating on the same line as the guys we want him to protect. Just a thought, but anyways he is the exact type of player we all wanted and he returns to form (or even close to it) we have a great pickup for relatively cheap. I hope he plays well and we resign him to a 3 year deal. He's 32 now and I would think he still has at least 3 more good years left in him.

I sure as heck hope not. The Zetterberg-Dats-Holmstrom line has been the best line in hockey the last month. Scoring what 40% of Detroits goals. There is no way in hell you break that line up unless they start slumping.

Just got back from Vegas.

Heard the news.

Threw up. :angry:

Goon. Selfish. Injury-prone. No-show in the playoffs.

I don't care if this deal was for a bag of pucks.

Todd Bertuzzi should never wear this jersey.

Ken Holland says it's a GREAT move.

Word around the rest of the league? Not alot of thumbs up.

But then again, isn't that usually the word on most of his moves? :thumbdown:

Edited by motorcitykid

I don't think Todd's a dirty player. Has he done something considered dirty? Yep. But, what would you all think if Kronwall had concussed Lupul bad enough to end his career and/or make him Lindros-like?

Kronwall's hit on Lupul was a clean, unpenalized hit that could be described as borderline because he left his feet. It was virtually identical to the hit thrown by Dallas Drake on Boyd Devereaux that almost ended The Boyd's career.

What Bertuzzi did was by no stretch of the imagination 'part of hockey' or a 'borderline' play. It was one ofthre dirtiest shots the NHL has EVER seen.

Heard the news.

Not a suprising reaction from you. Typical.

Maybe you should have stayed in Vegas.

Wow, I can finally get on the site. Anyway, Bert isn't who I would've liked to see on the Wings between all of the rumored players. Keith is the guy I wanted to see here, but after seeing the prices paid for everyone, this deal really made the most sense. It's a bargin no matter how he plays. But in listening to his phone interview with TSN's trade center shortly after the trade, I have to admit I gained a tad bit of respect for him. Just by the tone in his voice and the fact he was asked about a future in Fla., in which he said there was never any discussion of an extension. He was thankful that the Wings have faith in him and were willing to give him a chance. Also he's been saying all the right things on radio interveiws and such. I'll admit I've never like him, called him a bum and so on. The "Moore" thing, while was a show of pure goonery in which he intended to blind side him, and drive his face into the ice, I think it's silly to think he intended to break his neck. Absoultly dirty, and a reason for me (a hater of booers) to say boo the guy at every rink, he didn't mean to end a career. I also admit that him coming to the Wings is a big factor in my slight change of heart, so what? I'd rather have him than forsberg. The difference is forsberg pulls cheap crap but he's a puss. I figure who am I to not forgive someone? I don't see why he doesn't pay the guy some money, but whatever. As far as all that, if I happend to do that to someone in a game, I'd hope I'd eventually be forgiven. He said on the radio, he can't wait for his first game at joe louis, and he hopes the crowd is willing to accept and cheer for him instead of boo him now. Me as a huge opponent of bringing him in is. Clean slate, go for the cup...

Heard the news.

Well i was watching sportsnet,tsn, and the score and everyone on there said it was a great move by Kenny.. the Canucks Blues game last night they had Dave Nonis the gm of the nucks and said that it was a very good move by Holland, and when you don't give up much to get a player like him you have to make a move like that.. Your negativity is not welcome :thumbup:

I don't care about his baggage. The Red Wings isnt supposed to be a team of angels and do-gooders. Bad guys, good guys, I welcome them as long as they share the goal of winning the big trophy (hint: not Prez trophy).

And Bert didn't get specifically ASK to be traded to Detroit. He's here because management thinks he's a good bet. Don't boo him, boo Holland n Crew if you got a beef with this player.

Todd is not the first 'questionable' player we've had on our roster, and he won't be the last. And we've beloved all those other players...people should give him a little chance before berating him, you'll be sorry later if you find you actually like him on the team and you have to take it all back.

It is a good move. We didn't really lose anything. If he doesn't work out, we don't re-sign him, and he is a good player. Everyone wanted grit, but only if it comes in some form of an imaginary player who's never hit anyone? Very confusing

Todd is not the first 'questionable' player we've had on our roster, and he won't be the last. And we've beloved all those other players...people should give him a little chance before berating him, you'll be sorry later if you find you actually like him on the team and you have to take it all back.

It is a good move. We didn't really lose anything. If he doesn't work out, we don't re-sign him, and he is a good player. Everyone wanted grit, but only if it comes in some form of an imaginary player who's never hit anyone? Very confusing

This is detroit... all it takes is one goal or an assist and the nay sayers will be worshiping at his feet.

God I love the fact that Big Bert is on our team... I just can't wait for him to get out there and break some heads (wait bad form... bad form :ph34r: )

GO BERT!

In case anyone was wondering, these are the specific conditions on the draft picks:

In addition to Matthias, a center selected in the second round of last summer's entry draft, the Wings also dealt two conditional draft picks. Bertuzzi must play in two-thirds of the Wings' playoff games to trigger the first. If he does, and the Wings reach the Stanley Cup Finals -- or if Bertuzzi is one of the Wings' top-five playoff scorers and the team reaches the Western Conference finals -- it'll be a first-round pick in 2007 that the Panthers receive. Anything less than that, and it'll be either a second- or third-round pick.

This is detroit... all it takes is one goal or an assist and the nay sayers will be worshiping at his feet.

I wont,i cant stand the guy...hated him as a Canuck,his last year as a Canuck he was a floater,never hit anybody he stood at cenre ice waiting for the puck while his teammates were fighting for it in the corner,why do you think the Canucks got rid of him? He hasn't been NEARLY the same player since the Moore incident hes afraid to hit anyone :thumbdown:

What Bertuzzi did was by no stretch of the imagination 'part of hockey' or a 'borderline' play. It was one ofthre dirtiest shots the NHL has EVER seen.

Eh, I never understand so many Wings would say this... when it's just about the same thing McCarty did to Lemeiux in '97. In both plays McCarty/Bert punched the other guy in the face when he wasn't looking, in retaliation for a previous hit by that person. It's just that in one instance the guy came out all bloody, and in the other the guy was seriously hurt.

- Houdini

Eh, I never understand so many Wings would say this... when it's just about the same thing McCarty did to Lemeiux in '97. In both plays McCarty/Bert punched the other guy in the face when he wasn't looking, in retaliation for a previous hit by that person. It's just that in one instance the guy came out all bloody, and in the other the guy was seriously hurt.

- Houdini

Exactly.

Oh, except for the fact that McCarty and Lemieux were facing each other when McCarty jumped the Turtle. Whereas Bertuzzi chased down Moore grabbed him from behind and punched him square in the back of the head.

Which makes them pretty different.