• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sting 11

OFFICIAL: Todd Bertuzzi a Red Wing

Rate this topic

Yeh it could take some time, but it be funny as hell to check through some old posts to see that some of the same boneheads who were mad as hell and down on getting Hasek this summer are cheering up & down that we got this chump.

And watch how it's gonna be the same people saying don't bring him back July 1st. :thumbdown:

Hasek is like an old couch. He's finally been here long enough, that people are just accustomed to him being here even if they don't really like him. When he leaves, he will be missed, despite what people felt about him when he was here.

Edited by Offsides

After having a night to sleep on it I've finally conjured a complete all-encompassing conclusion about this whole ordeal...

No one deserves to have their entire life judged by one moment. So I'm willing to give Bertuzzi another chance here in Detroit. I'm sure millions upon millions of people would be villified as well if the single lowest moment in their life was televised and performed in front of thousands of live spectators.

As for those who think he'll be a detriment to our team, you people need a serious reality check. Cut off at the knee's he'll still bring levels of physical play to our team far surpassing anyone else on the roster. The price was beyond reasonable as well.

:clap:

What teams in their right mind would NOT want Bert?

I love how you're putting words in our mouth saying come free agency we won't want him anymore. I did not know you could tell the future!

You say he doesn't bring substance anymore? LMAO some of you make it seem like the guy is at the end of career and doesn't have it in him anymore. He's freaking 32 years old, and one hell of a player that wants to come back, play his ass off, and prove those doubting him wrong. He's been through hell since the incident, and im sure he wants to get over that and finally get back to his old way, style, and great skill of playing that he's shown us *while playing against us* over the past four-five seasons. Give the guy a break and let him do his thing. He hasn't even stepped on the ice yet for the Wings and some are already saying he's done. You all need to 'get real.' It'll be hella funny come playoff time, and Bert starts lighting it up, and goes out there being a threat and indimating the opposition which the Wings haven't had in ages. Then what will all of you say then? Don't write him off when he hasn't even started yet.

get 'em, HC! :clap: Very few people in this forum didn't want Hasek back, by the way. Worried about his health, perhaps, but willing to see what happened. That gamble has paid off nicely thus far. Bert could be more of the same.

And as Vincanni said, let's give the guy a chance. I am more than willing to give him that chance, since I don't for a moment believe he intended to any permanent damage to Moore - it just happened. I hope Bert finds his game again in Detroit, and make a fresh start.

Guest Don Corleone

To all those who don't like Bert because of the Moore incident... I remind you of the Fedorov hit that was actually much more vicious than the Bert hit, but didn't result in any injury thus most people forgot about it:

I don't believe many people hated Sergei because of this incident when he was here. Just something to think about...

- Houdini

I remind you of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjdS8SDc37s...ted&search=

No way was Federov's worse. Of course Federov is a punk, too.

Yeh it could take some time, but it be funny as hell to check through some old posts to see that some of the same boneheads who were mad as hell and down on getting Hasek this summer are cheering up & down that we got this chump. And watch how it's gonna be the same people saying don't bring him back July 1st. :thumbdown

Like you said, no one has a crystal ball. Hasek could be back. And that would be a great thing, if so. Hasek is like a fine sports car or a masterpiece of art. One of a kind, uniquely designed and special. He's the Wings' #1 goalie, and a large part of the equation that has the Wings where they are right now. What's not to like, if you're being reasonable about the situation?

My tea leaves say Kenny will offer Dom the job again next season, if he wants to play again. I think he could come back again, health permitting, whether the Wings win a Cup or not this season. The drive is still there, and the desire, not to mention the skills. I will take a motivated, unpredictable Hasek over predictable and adequate goaltending, any old day.

As for Bert, back on topic, let's see how he does... if he turns out to be another Hatcher-type mistake, then we can complain.

been awhile....

hell of a deadline this year, no question. The Smyth situtation is beyond crazy. Lowe's arse should be canned.

Now onto the thread.

After reading 14 pages....

interesting trade. Quite the safe play really for Holland and the organization. I eat some crow here and admit I'm pretty shocked he went after Calder and Bert. I will have an additional side of crow, regarding the Bert Moore thing. I went both sides when that sh*t went down. They've both taken the issue to far. Anyway. Heres the only thing of course. Health. If hes got it sweet, if not damn. I do hope we resign him regardless. 2nd rounder and mild pick for what was once one of the more (or if not the) dominate players in the league. Glad Williams finally got moved. Was really hope Lang's unproductive overpaid bleep would have been moved but oh well. With that being the only thing Im upset about, pretty sweet deals. Zubrus would have been sick though. (just not at that price, jebus)

LMAO. You think a punch to the face with a glove on is as bad/worse than a cross check to the face???

Um... ok...

- Houdini

Let's see, the first one broke a guy's neck, whereas the other one did minor damage, relatively speaking.

so.... yes.

and don't give me any garbage about the pileup breaking Moore's neck. A bunch of guys falling on your body doesn't break you neck, or else everyone in football would have busted necks.

And it wasn't a gloved punch to the face, it was a blindsided punch from behind. Moore never even saw it coming.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

I wont,i cant stand the guy...hated him as a Canuck,his last year as a Canuck he was a floater,never hit anybody he stood at cenre ice waiting for the puck while his teammates were fighting for it in the corner,why do you think the Canucks got rid of him? He hasn't been NEARLY the same player since the Moore incident hes afraid to hit anyone :thumbdown:

Have you ever hurt anyone physically? Whether or not it was on purpose, didn't you feel bad that it happened? I'm sure Bertuzzi felt horrible, as a matter of fact, I know he did because I remember the interviews with him and he was besides himself!!!!!! That means that he has a conscience, which tells me he didn't mean to injure Moore, it was a terrible accident. Obviously, Bertuzzi didn't mean to hurt Moore the way that it happened. I'm sure he didn't go out to severely injure the guy. Why is it that no one can acknowledge that after the initial punch to the side of the face by Bertuzzi and they both fell down, why can't anyone acknowledge the number of other players who literally jumped on top of both of them? I am sure this is what caused the 'injury' to Moore, not Bertuzzi alone.

Since Bertuzzi accepted the blame for the entier incident, served his punishment, I'm sure he was damn scared to TOCUH anyone else for fear of getting in more trouble! Wouldn't you be?

Some years have passed since then. I hope everyone will let it alone and leave it where it belongs -- in the past.

I can't wait to hear the cheers for Bertuzzi once he steps onto our ice for the very first time!!!!!!! That alone will help him get back to being he player we are all expecting.

GO BERT!!!!! GO WINGS!!!!!

Well I guess he (moore) didn't see the hit coming, but you would think that he would have some inclination that, DAMN, something might be going down with Bert pulling on his jersey for about 6 seconds before he punched him.... Not to mention I can't imagine Bert wasn't jawing at him the whole time. After what Moore did to Naslund... He would have been stupid not to think people would continue to try to go after him. Just becuase he got in a fight immediately afterwards doesn't mean it was finished.

If that was the case, the hatred between Lemieux/McCarty and the wings org should have been ended after the turtle incident.

Lemieux had his senses on high alert every time he stepped on the ice after he hit Draper

Edited by OsGOD

Let's see, the first one broke a guy's neck, whereas the other one did minor damage, relatively speaking.

so.... yes.

LOL. So you're saying that the end result is what makes the actual HIT worse? So you're saying that if I get mad and push someone and they end up falling breaking their neck, that my push is WORSE than if I took my stick and swung it baseball style full across the face but didn't cause any major damage? That's just plain dumb. Sure the incident of someone breaking their neck is worse, but not the actual PUSH.

Or perhaps you're saying that Bertuzzi's punch to the face broke Moore's neck? Then that must have been one hell of a punch. Looks to me that falling to the ice, or having everyone pile on top of his head would have cause more damage to his neck.

and don't give me any garbage about the pileup breaking Moore's neck. A bunch of guys falling on your body doesn't break you neck, or else everyone in football would have busted necks.

Oh, yeah, a bunch of guys landing on your neck can't possible cause any damage. :blink:

As for the football analogy... that's like me saying Bertuzzi falling on Moore couldn't cause the broken neck, or everyone in football would have broken necks. And the punch couldn't have cause the broken neck or everyone in boxing would have broken necks.

And it wasn't a gloved punch to the face, it was a blindsided punch from behind. Moore never even saw it coming.

A blindsided puch to the face from behind isn't a gloved punch to the face? Ok, if you want to get technical then Fedorov didn't cross check that player in the face, instead he blindsidedly crosschecked him to the face from the side. I'm not sure how that makes my point any different, but there ya go.

Seriously, McCarty's blindsided punch to Lemeiux and Fedorov's crosscheck to the face was every bit as bad as what Bertuzzi did, but unfortunately for Bert his guy got hurt badly from the incident. Anyone who thinks differently needs to take their Red Wing tinted glasses off and look a the replays a little closer.

- Houdini

Well I guess he (moore) didn't see the hit coming, but you would think that he would have some inclination that, DAMN, something might be going down with Bert pulling on his jersey for a out 6 seconds before he punched him.... Not to mention I can't imagine Bert wasn't jawing at him the whole time. After what Moore did to Naslund... He would have been stupid not to think people would continue to try to go after him. Just becuase he got in a fight immediately afterwards doesn't mean it was finished.

If that was the case, the hatred between Lemieux/McCarty and the wings org should have been ended after the turtle incident.

Moore's hit on Naslund was clean. No penalty, no suspension, no fine. Naslund was unlucky.

Also, Moore fought Cooke earlier in the game Bertuzzi attacked him in. THAT should have been the end of it. Bertuzzi's actions were not warranted as policing...Moore had already fought two guys in two different games because he CLEANLY hit Naslund. As for the 'inclination' Moore was likely hoping to AVOID a physical confrontation with Bertuzzi, who is much bigger and stronger.

Moore's hit on Naslund was clean. No penalty, no suspension, no fine. Naslund was unlucky.

Also, Moore fought Cooke earlier in the game Bertuzzi attacked him in. THAT should have been the end of it. Bertuzzi's actions were not warranted as policing...Moore had already fought two guys in two different games because he CLEANLY hit Naslund. As for the 'inclination' Moore was likely hoping to AVOID a physical confrontation with Bertuzzi, who is much bigger and stronger.

I'm with you on that. I may be happy that he is a Wing because the Wngs NEED him, but his actions were awful and will never be forgotten.

Anyways..so I take it you are not happy with this acquistion or are you against him because of the incident?

My whole $0.02 on getting Bertuzzi and my feelings towards him.

Personally, I don't like him, I lost a lot of respect for him for the you-know-what incident (which I do not want to elaborate any on so let's end it at that and keep this on topic), but I'll keep my personal feelings about him mum as he's on the Red Wings now. Even if he helps us go deep in the playoffs or win the Cup, I still won't like him all that much personally.

Now, personal feelings aside, this was a solid deal. The Wings didn't/won't have to give up all that much for him, and he brings elements that the Wings generally do not have for the most part - large size and somebody who can consistently throw the body around, and somebody who is capable of putting in 30 a season. Basically, a power forward.

What I don't get from some recent posts in here by naysayers. You all scream and clamor for more grit and toughness. Holland gets somebody like this, and didn't have to give up a ridiculous amount to get him like a lot of the last-minute deals (Guerin, Rivet, etc.). It made sense to made this deal, even though we (or I) personally might not like Bertuzzi, he hasn't caught much break this season in health, and so forth. Bertuzzi isn't the end of all end solutions to the toughness/hustle problem, but he gets somebody that EXACTLY fits this mold, yet some of you still seem to be bitching. I don't get it, what do some of you want?

Kudos to Holland for making this trade, hopefully he'll be able to get into the lineup in a week or two and his back/herniated disk won't be much of an issue and he can be a force on a 2nd line.

No one deserves to have their entire life judged by one moment.

Tell that to the famalies who lost loved ones to Jeffrey Dahmer...... Dark Humor, sorry...

But what Bert did was more of a stupidity than anything, plus the way Moore fell onto the ice did not help his neck. I like the guy before and after; and I still don't have no problems with him. The more people rehash the past, the more it will affect his game and he will be no use to us then. No one is ever harder a person than themselves and no support with negative comments all the time is even worse.

Let us all have a positive feeling about him as he is a Wing now and once the entire team heals everything should turn around for the better. We actually might have a chance this year if the Forwards need to score and the D does not give up break aways like they have been.

Edited by Rivalred

He was suspended for the first two games of the Stanley Cup Finals.

Ah okay thanks for the clarification :thumbup:

But what Bert did was more of a stupidity than anything, plus the way Moore fell onto the ice did not help his neck.

No to mention Moores teammates the proceeded to PILE UP on top of Bert and Himself... that didn't help the cause at all. With all that weight on him... something was bound to snap anyways.

What I don't get from some recent posts in here by naysayers. You all scream and clamor for more grit and toughness. Holland gets somebody like this, and didn't have to give up a ridiculous amount to get him like a lot of the last-minute deals (Guerin, Rivet, etc.). It made sense to made this deal, even though we (or I) personally might not like Bertuzzi, he hasn't caught much break this season in health, and so forth. Bertuzzi isn't the end of all end solutions to the toughness/hustle problem, but he gets somebody that EXACTLY fits this mold, yet some of you still seem to be bitching. I don't get it, what do some of you want?

Sounds to me like they want a bad ass gritty enforcer with a clean rap sheet... Nothing like hoping for the unattainable miracle to happen

But what Bert did was more of a stupidity than anything, plus the way Moore fell onto the ice did not help his neck.

Of course, the way he fell to the ice (with Bertuzzi atop him) was directly caused by his being immediately knocked unconscious by a blow to the back of the head.

It was certainly not Todd's intention for the events to unfold the way they did, but that they did was a result of both his malice to deliver the initial blow, and his stupidity in not having the forethought to at least spin him around before he started swinging. I don't see why stupidity is a valid excuse for his behavior and the consequences that they wrought.

Of course, the way he fell to the ice (with Bertuzzi atop him) was directly caused by his being immediately knocked unconscious by a blow to the back of the head.

It was certainly not Todd's intention for the events to unfold the way they did, but that they did was a result of both his malice to deliver the initial blow, and his stupidity in not having the forethought to at least spin him around before he started swinging. I don't see why stupidity is a valid excuse for his behavior and the consequences that they wrought.

As an afterthought, we all can call the 'hit' stupidity.' It is not an excuse, it's how things transpired, on purpose or accidentially.

Who are we to judge him? Hasn't he paid the price for this already? Do any one of us know his mind?

I agree with everyone on this board who is saying, give him a chance. Cheer him on because if not, I'm sure it will affect his performance. Do we want to see the qualities from him that we know to expect? Or do we want to see him wimp around the ice?

Let's be glad Kenny got someone this team desperately needed and enjoy it. Quit looking for excuses to not like him and not accept him. If you don't like him, then don't watch the games. Bertuzzi is a human being and he deserves a second chance!!!!