• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sting 11

OFFICIAL: Todd Bertuzzi a Red Wing

Rate this topic

...And if you wanna be a worthless troll go back to letsgoblues.com with the rest of your "detoilet" chiming degenerate friends who have nothing better to do than try and tear down a currently superior team.

thanks for getting my back. :thumbup:

I don't want to be a naysayer but are you all crazy??? While it didn't cost us much it has yet to be proven that Bert will be able to do anything. I'm sure Holland did as much research as possible to ensure he knew what he was getting. Bottom line is that nobody can know for sure if he'll be ready to come back and take hits (which is his style and why we got him) as well as last through the playoffs.Keep in mind he had surgery for a herniated disc. I don't know about y'all but any back problems scare me. Along with that he hasn't played since November .

So in my estimation, Holland is saying that he wants to take a gamble on us improving before the playoffs rather then guaranteeing it. While it was a great trade in the sense of how little we had to give up but I would've preferred a known quantity like a Guerin or Tkachuk. Everyone is saying you have to eat crow if you dissed on Holland. Well I say hold off on eating that crow until Bert takes and gives his first big hit and stays in the game. Of course, nothing would make me happier to eat crow if it takes us to the Cup

What are you talking about?

I said who did we give up. Rhetorical.

In other words not much of substance was MY point.

Quite a few other teams wanted him? Some teams wanted him?

What the hell was the price, if we got him for what we did?

So to deduce, it's safe to say unless it was some type of Florida rival ... the price was peanuts.

Where were all the other teams? :blink:

Carter. Smyth. Roberts.

Give me ANYONE over this chump.

Yeh. 6 career playoff goals. :blink:

What? Are you kidding me? You would go as far to say as you would take Anson Carter over Bertuzzi?

I swear, I thought I've seen it all until this. I've seen just about every nay-saying comment about Bertuzzi when we got him, but this is by far the worst. Anson Carter? You're joking right? You must be joking. Anson Carter SUCKS. He's a lockeroom cancer, and he's a s***ty player on top of that. Why do you think he's been traded 7 times? SEVEN TIMES! This is not like Mike Sillenger who often just signs with new teams. This is Anson Carter who is being TRADED 7 times. You really want that here? Wow, I can't believe I'm even reading this. I'd take about 20 Williams over Anson Carter. Ugh.

So in my estimation, Holland is saying that he wants to take a gamble on us improving before the playoffs rather then guaranteeing it. While it was a great trade in the sense of how little we had to give up but I would've preferred a known quantity like a Guerin or Tkachuk.

Nothing is for sure in any sport... Guerin and Tkachuk are one hit away from also being out of the playoffs and void for their new teams as well.

Case and point... Holland did a great job addressing the need to get more physical up front and for a helluva deal.

I keep staring at that jersey and it feels so beyond weird. Who would have ever thought Bert would be a Wing. Wowza.

Bert has epitomized the enemy for years for me--now to see that jersey--man!

I just hope to gawd that Bert is in the lineup MARCH 17TH in Vancouver so's I can see it in person.

Donning a winged wheel makes any hockey player look great! :D

Bert looks very handsome* in red, and I am glad he's here. I hope you get to see him play on the 17th, too, Dicksmack!! :thumbup:

* I am a girl, I can say that. :blush: He looks happy, too.

What? Are you kidding me? You would go as far to say as you would take Anson Carter over Bertuzzi?

No.

What I am saying is i'd take just about anyone over Bertuzzi.

And please, please, please don't try and group me in with the numerous people, some of which have posted in this thread ... who were screaming over the summer to sign Carter. WTF?

Nothing indicates Bertuzzi is anything different than the selfish, injury prone, and perennial playoff loser tag he holds now. Nothing.

No.

What I am saying is i'd take just about anyone over Bertuzzi.

And please, please, please don't try and group me in with the numerous people, some of which have posted in this thread ... who were screaming over the summer to sign Carter. WTF?

Nothing indicates Bertuzzi is anything different than the selfish, injury prone, and perennial playoff loser tag he holds now. Nothing.

Yep, the most knowledgeable hockey analyst brings us his views, and just like I thought, nothing but negativity spews forth. Get a clue, anyone can turn it around, it's always different with different teams - Bertuzzi could fit much better into our style of play than he had with Vancouver's. But hey, you're entitled to your negative biases against anyone but who YOU want on this team. You can keep playing GM all you like, but one day all this crap you say is going to come back and slap you in the face, because you aren't anywhere near as knowledgeable as Ken Holland when it comes to hockey - but hey, keep day-dreaming guy.

Oh and let's not forget that Bertuzzi has Yzerman's stall.... I would be willing to bet that Stevie was either asked or told Babcock to let Bert have his stall - because Stevie, Scotty Bowman, Jim Nill, etc.. all most likely had input into us getting Bertuzzi. I'd be willing to bet with all that knowledge and hockey smarts, that they were all seeing something in Bertuzzi that could help out this team. Enough said.

Well I'm going to have faith in my team and the GM and hope that Bertuzzi can add something to our playoff hopes. For the price that we got him for, even if he turns out to be a complete bust and doesn't play a single game, I'm happy that we took the chance rather than get some guy like Carter.

I don't want to be a naysayer but are you all crazy??? While it didn't cost us much it has yet to be proven that Bert will be able to do anything. I'm sure Holland did as much research as possible to ensure he knew what he was getting. Bottom line is that nobody can know for sure if he'll be ready to come back and take hits (which is his style and why we got him) as well as last through the playoffs.Keep in mind he had surgery for a herniated disc. I don't know about y'all but any back problems scare me. Along with that he hasn't played since November .

So in my estimation, Holland is saying that he wants to take a gamble on us improving before the playoffs rather then guaranteeing it. While it was a great trade in the sense of how little we had to give up but I would've preferred a known quantity like a Guerin or Tkachuk. Everyone is saying you have to eat crow if you dissed on Holland. Well I say hold off on eating that crow until Bert takes and gives his first big hit and stays in the game. Of course, nothing would make me happier to eat crow if it takes us to the Cup

Getting Guerin or Tkachuk would NOT guarantee us a longer playoff run.... hate to tell you. Nothing guarantees that, no trade or acquisition.

Bottom line is, is that I am willing to give Bertuzzi a chance to prove himself here. I may not know how well he'll play because he is still out, but I believe he will help this team out. That belief is what a lot of Red Wings faithful have right now for Bertuzzi. It's the same thing as when I believe that we'll win a cup every year, regardless of the team. The keyword, obviously is: Believe.

Bert has epitomized the enemy for years for me--now to see that jersey--man!

I just hope to gawd that Bert is in the lineup MARCH 17TH in Vancouver so's I can see it in person.

I as well hope he will be playing that night so i can see him live and this time not wearing the nucks jersey ;)

I as well hope he will be playing that night so i can see him live and this time not wearing the nucks jersey ;)

One could hope he busts through the D and scores on Luongo, but lets not get greedy... :P

being a huge fan of the panthers and always respecting todd for laying the smackdown on steve moore i really think he'll add that extra "punch"(both metaphoric and literal sense of the word) that the wings are looking for. when i watched the wings play the day they acquired "bert", call him, or todd motherf***in' bertuzzi, i realized how much the wings physical presence stepped up, including lebda. If everything works out the way i would like bert would possibly take lebda, the 89x fan, under his wing.

He is a gritty player who fits in the energy/grind role very well. I know, most other teams hate him, he does turtle a lot, but I do appreciate his physical play. He reminds me of Ruutu a little. Ya hate to play against him but you would love him if he was on your favorite team! :D

:clap: