Posted 27 February 2007 - 02:33 PM

Maybe Holland is not done yet??

#2 Redwing210

Redwing210

Let's go Wings!

• Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 02:35 PM

I'm not a cap guy. Do we have any room left after Bert? I'd love another pick up.

#3 Jackrabbit

Jackrabbit

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 02:36 PM

Mayer? Blake? Murray from Boston? Any way you look at it, Holland has done what he's needed to do. The rest is gravy.

Thanks for the work, Holland, and get a man-hands masseuse for Bert.

#4 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 02:37 PM

We have a small amount left. Perhaps room for a 4th liner, role-player type, but not much more.

I hope Kenny is done, unless he gets another tough guy that could fit that role (and who isn't a complete goon).
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#5 Jwo

Jwo

Let's go Red Wings!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 02:44 PM

Ryan Smyth?
FireCaptain - "THIS ISN'T DATELINE, BUT WE'RE HERE TO STOP A PREDATOR."
Du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du,
When I see you Red Wings,
I go out of my head,
I just can't get enough,
I just can't get enough,
All the things you do to me and all the things you said,
I just can't get enough.
I just can't get enough
We slip and slide and we fall in love and I just can't seem to get enough of...
Du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du, du

#6 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 02:51 PM

I don' think they have any cap left. I tell you what, I think Blake is still on the block.

Unless Lilja or Calder is moved. Then I think the 568,000 dollar difference between their salaries could be absorbed.

I don't think either is going to be moved.

Though I would suggest the smallest of the three prospect Dmen, Lilja, and another pick for Blake.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#7 Winged Scooter

Winged Scooter

Future NFL Hall-of-Famer!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 02:58 PM

QUOTE(Majsheppard @ February 27, 2007 - 02:51PM) View Post

I don' think they have any cap left. I tell you what, I think Blake is still on the block.

Unless Lilja or Calder is moved. Then I think the 568,000 dollar difference between their salaries could be absorbed.

I don't think either is going to be moved.

Though I would suggest the smallest of the three prospect Dmen, Lilja, and another pick for Blake.

Could you imagine if Holland managed to pawn off J Willy and Lilly Pads in the same 24 hours? He would truly revert back to god-like status here on LGW..... laugh.gif
"Aw, you cheap sonofab@#$h. Are you crazy? Those guys are RETARDS!!" -- Reggie Dunlop
"I got a good deal on those boys, scout said they showed a lot of promise." -- Joe McGrath
"They brought their F$%&@*# TOYS with them!!" -- RD
"Well, I'd rather have them playing with their toys, than playing with themselves." -- JM