Schneider - Kronwall

Labda - Chelios

PowerPlay 1

Datsyuk - Zetterberg - Holmstrom

Lidstrom - Schneider

PowerPlay 2

Samuelsson - Lang - Bertuzzi

Lidstrom - Kronwall

To those who continue to put Cleary in your top 6 after today....I think Cleary's days as a 2nd line forward are over. I'm excited because you get a player of Cleary's quality playing on our 4th line....that shows the much improved depth the Wings have now.

No way that the homer, zett, and dats line can't be separated right now but imagine these lines..I'd even plug in Huds in the 4th line because franzen sucks.

zetterberg-datsyuk-bertuzzi

calder-lang-holmstrom

cleary-filp-sami (when he comes back)

Maltby-franzen-draper

Homer will STAY with Dats and Z.

Our powerplay lines should take a turn now. The way I see it, SHOULD be.

Datsyuk - Zetterberg - Holmstrom

Bertuzzi - Lang - Hudler

Cleary should be demoted to not playing on the PP, while a power forward with two finesse Czechs in Lang and Hudler would be perfect. Just my opinion, I really could see it working though. Maybe even Calder in Hudler's place, but realistically, Hudler should be seeing more PP time. It's his strength, or at least, would be.

Just thinking how funny Bert, Bob and Rex would look together. Two monsters and a dwarf.

i know a lot of you are weary of splitting up the Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Holmstrom line. But with Zetterberg out for tonight I just might have to throw Lang in there with Datsyuk. Perhaps some hustle and hard work could rub off on him and he might get his confidence back goin again and he could be the power foward he used to be for our second line again. I definitly wouldnt split up our top line, but I would consider it for tonight, and a few shifts here and there in the future.... We could at least throw them out there for a couple of shifts to maybe spark something with Lang. I just want to see Lang get it goin again because the play of late has been disgusting. If Lang gets it going and Burt gets out here, and Sammy we got ourselves a Powerhouse..

not really on the main topic of future lines..... but close

Hudler's nick name is Rex. Just play elimination, Bob = Robert Lang, and Bert = Bertuzzi... I'm a smartass ain't I?

:)

Uhh..not really...I was kinda the smart ass, just the whole first name basis thing has me fooled, like you know them or something

I like the idea of Bertuzzi on Zetterberg/Datsyuk line. this would make the kids very effective in playoffs. Bertuzzi creates room, Dats and Z shine with their skills.

Lang gets Calder (new face) and keeps Cleary.

so it goes:

Datsyuk - Zet - Bertuzzi

Calder - Lang - Cleary

Maltby - Draper - Homer

Flip - Hudler - Franzenstein/Sammy

Uhh..not really...I was kinda the smart ass, just the whole first name basis thing has me fooled, like you know them or something

Ahh good times with Bert, Rex and Bob. Actually, I was a major factor in the deal. We went out clubbing in the D, Bert, Bob, Rex, and I, and what happened was Bert knocked up Ken Holland's daughter. Holland wasn't a happy camper so he told ol' Bert there, who I love, that if he stays in Detroit, he wouldn't have to pay child support.

Long story, may be a bit confusing, but you should've been there. Great night if I must say.

Datsyuk - Zetterberg - Homer

Calder - Lang - Bertuzzi

Mule - Drapes - Maltby

Cleary - Flip - Sammy/Rex

Now if playing with Bertuzzi and Calder dosn't get Langer out of his funk, we may have to break up our top line.

Remember last year, when anyone would go on a cold streak, Babcock would throw them on a line with Z, and the player would pick up his play significantly.

That being said:

Lang - Z - Homer

Calder - Datsyuk - Bertuzzi

Mule - Drapes - Maltby

Cleary - Flip - Sammy/Rex

I think both sets of lines could work. Preferably, I would like to keep the line of Pavs/Z/Homer together, so hopefully Lang wakes up.

Ahh good times with Bert, Rex and Bob. Actually, I was a major factor in the deal. We went out clubbing in the D, Bert, Bob, Rex, and I, and what happened was Bert knocked up Ken Holland's daughter. Holland wasn't a happy camper so he told ol' Bert there, who I love, that if he stays in Detroit, he wouldn't have to pay child support.

Long story, may be a bit confusing, but you should've been there. Great night if I must say.

Sounds interesting, I love the 2pac pic by the way, I wanted to ake it mine but saw you had already snagged it.

Guest Crymson

Once Sammy gets back, I hope to see Cleary with the kids. Like so:

Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Holmstrom

Calder-Lang-Bertuzzi

Franzen-Filpulla-Cleary

Maltby-Draper-Samuelsson

Sorry, Huds. No space for now. Well, you can play until Sammy and Bert get back. I actually hope they give Hudler Zetterberg's spot on the first line tonight, as a proving ground (Zetts is sitting out tonight)--after all, it is the Blackhawks, and a skeleton Blackhawks team at that.

On the fourth line, I feel Sammy would be a GREAT bet--with a hard shooter on it, that line would be deep. Meanwhile, Filpulla with Franzen and Cleary would be very balanced; Filpulla has excellent speed and two-way abilities, Franzen has great speed, can hit, and possesses impressive and rapidly improving situational awareness, and Cleary, of course, is Cleary.

All in all, our lines would be spread out with at least one hard shooter, at least one hitter, et al. We've got a fast team now, folks. I like it.

Edited by Crymson

Once Sammy gets back, I hope to see Cleary with the kids. Like so:

Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Holmstrom

Calder-Lang-Bertuzzi

Franzen-Filpulla-Cleary

Maltby-Draper-Samuelsson

Sorry, Huds. No space for now. Well, you can play until Sammy and Bert get back. I actually hope they give Hudler Zetterberg's spot on the first line tonight, as a proving ground (Zetts is sitting out tonight)--after all, it is the Blackhawks, and a skeleton Blackhawks team at that.

On the fourth line, I feel Sammy would be a GREAT bet--with a hard shooter on it, that line would be deep. Meanwhile, Filpulla with Franzen and Cleary would be very balanced; Filpulla has excellent speed and two-way abilities, Franzen has great speed, can hit, and possesses impressive and rapidly improving situational awareness, and Cleary, of course, is Cleary.

All in all, our lines would be spread out with at least one hard shooter, at least one hitter, et al. We've got a fast team now, folks. I like it.

Wow...what did sami do to deserve that. As for Hudler, he has been way more effective and productive than maltby all year, with limited ice time, if anything plug him in with Filp and Cleary, but thats just my opinion

Guest Crymson

I like the idea of Bertuzzi on Zetterberg/Datsyuk line. this would make the kids very effective in playoffs. Bertuzzi creates room, Dats and Z shine with their skills.

Lang gets Calder (new face) and keeps Cleary.

so it goes:

Datsyuk - Zet - Bertuzzi

Calder - Lang - Cleary

Maltby - Draper - Homer

Flip - Hudler - Franzenstein/Sammy

Ah... I think the idea of breaking up the hottest line in hockey is unwise.

Besides, Homer isn't nearly as useful if nobody can get good positioning/shots on net. We've already seen that.

We wanted to strengthen our second line. Moving Homer to the third line and Bertuzzi to the first won't do that for us, not to mention that it would be utter madness.

Datsyuk - Zetterberg- Bertuzzi

Calder - Lang - Sammy

Cleary - Flip - Homer

Franzen - Draper - Maltby

Ah... I think the idea of breaking up the hottest line in hockey is unwise.

Besides, Homer isn't nearly as useful if nobody can get good positioning/shots on net. We've already seen that.

We wanted to strengthen our second line. Moving Homer to the third line and Bertuzzi to the first won't do that for us, not to mention that it would be utter madness.

Now if playing with Bertuzzi and Calder dosn't get Langer out of his funk, we may have to break up our top line.

That won't EVER happen, and you know it. All players on the first line were marginally effective when not with each other. To break up what is a PHENOMENAL line for a chance at making the 2nd line better is a horrible idea.

I'll lay it down this way:

Option 1: INCREDIBLE first line, mediocre second line. Already seen.

Option 2: Possibly good first line, possibly good second line. Nobody knows if this will work well.

Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Bertuzzi

Calder-Lang-Holmstrom

Maltby-Draper-Cleary

Franzen-Filppula-Samuelsson

The D-Z-H line is a phenom. An utter phenom! Almost NO line EVER racks up as many points at this one. Don't get all excited by a new, shiny Bertuzzi and assume that that'll bring in more points. In all likelihood, it'll bring in less.

Edited by Crymson