• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dano33

Line ideas, anyone?

Rate this topic

I like those, but I have a problem with putting Lang on the second line. I'd switch Lang and Fippula, IMHO.

Keeping Lang on the second line is like saying "hey- no matter how poorly you play you'll always have a high ranking spot on our team."

Ah... I think the idea of breaking up the hottest line in hockey is unwise.

Besides, Homer isn't nearly as useful if nobody can get good positioning/shots on net. We've already seen that.

We wanted to strengthen our second line. Moving Homer to the third line and Bertuzzi to the first won't do that for us, not to mention that it would be utter madness.

Ah... I think the idea of breaking up the hottest line in hockey is unwise.

Besides, Homer isn't nearly as useful if nobody can get good positioning/shots on net. We've already seen that.

We wanted to strengthen our second line. Moving Homer to the third line and Bertuzzi to the first won't do that for us, not to mention that it would be utter madness.

That won't EVER happen, and you know it. All players on the first line were marginally effective when not with each other. To break up what is a PHENOMENAL line for a chance at making the 2nd line better is a horrible idea.

I'll lay it down this way:

Option 1: INCREDIBLE first line, mediocre second line. Already seen.

Option 2: Possibly good first line, possibly good second line. Nobody knows if this will work well.

The D-Z-H line is a phenom. An utter phenom! Almost NO line EVER racks up as many points at this one. Don't get all excited by a new, shiny Bertuzzi and assume that that'll bring in more points. In all likelihood, it'll bring in less.

The reason I slotted Bertuzzi with Datsyuk and Zetterberg is because the two young guys obviously play way better together and I'm thinking back to when Bertuzzi was with Vancouver he did a really good job of creating space for Naslund and Morrisson. Of course, that was the best line in hockey back then so I think that this would be similar with him and the two young guys. Besides, Datsyuk has had a tendency to disappear in the playoffs and I'm hoping that Bertuzzi's presence will help alleviate Datsyuk's less than par playoff performances.

Here is what I would do with the lines:

Datsyuk/Zetterberg/Holmstrom--Known commodity. Best line in hockey.

Hudler/Lang/Bertuzzi--Lang is a big strong, skilled playmaker. Hudler is a bona fide sniper and Bertuzzi is a big strong guy who can score. Hudler would not get pushed around and would be playing with skilled teammates=Hudler scores many goals.

Calder/Filppula/Samuelsson--Gritty scoring winger in Calder with skilled two-way center in Flip and defensively solid scoring winger in Sammy.

Franzen/Draper/Cleary--Best checking line in the league.

Guest Crymson

I really don't think that Calder belongs on the fourth line.

We will have four solid lines. They will get equal playing time.

Here is what I would do with the lines:

Datsyuk/Zetterberg/Holmstrom--Known commodity. Best line in hockey.

Hudler/Lang/Bertuzzi--Lang is a big strong, skilled playmaker. Hudler is a bona fide sniper and Bertuzzi is a big strong guy who can score. Hudler would not get pushed around and would be playing with skilled teammates=Hudler scores many goals.

Calder/Filppula/Samuelsson--Gritty scoring winger in Calder with skilled two-way center in Flip and defensively solid scoring winger in Sammy.

Franzen/Draper/Cleary--Best checking line in the league.

??????????????????????????????????????????????

The reason I slotted Bertuzzi with Datsyuk and Zetterberg is because the two young guys obviously play way better together and I'm thinking back to when Bertuzzi was with Vancouver he did a really good job of creating space for Naslund and Morrisson. Of course, that was the best line in hockey back then so I think that this would be similar with him and the two young guys. Besides, Datsyuk has had a tendency to disappear in the playoffs and I'm hoping that Bertuzzi's presence will help alleviate Datsyuk's less than par playoff performances.

Zetterberg, Datsyuk and Holmstrom are the best line in hockey NOW. What's your point?

??????????????????????????????????????????????

Can you think of a better checking line than Franzen/Draper/Cleary? You usually don't see three very good defensive forwards on a line together. Usually it's one or two skilled defensive guys and a banger (or two) who is average to above average defensively.

Here's how I'd set things up for the playoffs:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Calder-Lang-Bertuzzi

Cleary-Draper-Hudler

Maltby-Franzen-Filppula

Lidstrom-Kronwall

Markov-Schneider

Lebda-Chelios

Hasek

Osgood

Samuelsson can trade off with Hudler and Filppula.

Looking at those combos, the deals Holland made for Calder and Bertuzzi were excellent. We have a good mix of scoring and grit. Besides Betruzzi we're still a little small, but we won't be pushed around as much, like the last few seasons.

Lastly, I think Langer's going to pick it up with better line mates.

gotta say im with you on that :thumbup::)

no matter what our top six guys, Zetterberg, Pavel, Calder, Holmstrom, Bertuzzi, Lang will be on the top 2 lines. And no way will Malbty and Draper be scrathed. So people who have Malbty out of the line up are already completley wrong.

Guest Crymson

no matter what our top six guys, Zetterberg, Pavel, Calder, Holmstrom, Bertuzzi, Lang will be on the top 2 lines. And no way will Malbty and Draper be scrathed. So people who have Malbty out of the line up are already completley wrong.

The projected lines Mickey and Ken showed on Tuesday's game had Franzen on the second line and Calder on the fourth. Recall, however, that when all our players are back from injury there will hardly be a great distinction between lines 2-4.