• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

brutus

the official "I am sorry for doubting you Mr. Holland thread&quot

Rate this topic

Say what you want but you can't say Holland did'nt get exactly what we need, take a calculated risk and keep the core chemistry intact....seems to me to be pretty solid job performance.

So there it is... I figured with all the Holland bashing this would be a good place for those of you haters and "Holland sucks" folks to begin to make amends for the final push through the playoffs and can all have a group hug and move on.

Great deadline acquisitions and we are a MUCH better suited team for the playoffs.

Excellent work Mr. Holland!

brutus

This thread should become jammed with apologies pretty quickly!

For myself, I never doubted Kenny and knew he would do the right thing. We didn't give up much and seem better geared for the playoffs.

I'll eat some crow. Holland completely rebuild the 2nd line for basically a conditional pick and a prospect who may or may-not pan out. Calder is clearly an upgrade over Williams and to compare to two is silly. In reality, Calder is more akin to a better-established Cleary; a guy who had a ton of expectations and never really panned out as expected.

Bertuzzi is the steal of the day, bar none. If he can regain his form and re-sign here long term, no one will remember Shawn Matthias' name.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Holland showed why people consider him one of the best GMS in all of sports. 2 possibly high reward players for WIlliams a pick and a mid level prospect. While I knew he'd get a deal done i was fearing Freddy Modin would be our great aqquisiton. SIMPLY PUT ESTATIC!

I apologize, and am hoping that Detroit's 2nd line is now a force, considering the 1st line had been doing all of the scoring...

... still waiting for last-second deals.

It took Holland three years to figure out what was clear to many of us after the Ducks swept us back in 2003. The Bertuzzi deal is further proof that we were right and it's Holland admitting past mistakes if anything. All the misbeliefs aimed at Holland were highly justified since he failed miserably at past deadlines.

That said, I'm very pleased with Holland's actions this deadline. I :clap: him for finally having the guts to make some changes. Nice work!

It took Holland three years to figure out what was clear to many of us after the Ducks swept us back in 2003. The Bertuzzi deal is further proof that we were right and it's Holland admitting past mistakes if anything. All the misbeliefs aimed at Holland were highly justified since he failed miserably at past deadlines.

That said, I'm very pleased with Holland's actions this deadline. I :clap: him for finally having the guts to make some changes. Nice work!

I've been one of the few who have been defending Holland to anyone who would listen. But he did even better than I thought he would. Kudos to you, Kenny. Good job! :thumbup:

...well I've been eating crow all year so far, so a little more doesn't hurt! LOL!

...anyhow, at least he is trying to improve his team. Anybody confirm or deny the Lapointe rumor yet?

...officially, sorry for doubting you Holland, although it remains to be seen if it puts in Stanley Cup favorite status, but it gives us size and grit doesn't it?

...even though Calder is similar stat-wise to Williams, I hear he plays with a lot more grit! Good on ya Holland!

I'll eat some crow. Holland completely rebuild the 2nd line for basically a conditional pick and a prospect who may or may-not pan out. Calder is clearly an upgrade over Williams and to compare to two is silly. In reality, Calder is more akin to a better-established Cleary; a guy who had a ton of expectations and never really panned out as expected.

Bertuzzi is the steal of the day, bar none. If he can regain his form and re-sign here long term, no one will remember Shawn Matthias' name.

that's a great point.

Everyone's been complaining about how much are second line sucks.

Now we've got Lang (who's lazy and sucks BUT has shown up for the playoffs every season with Detroit), a speedy guy who's supposed to be good at digging the puck out of corners, and hopefully a good powerforward in Bertuzzi.

our 2nd line now has a winger who's 6'3" and 245 lbs, and a center who's 6'3" and 220 lbs. Those are two guys who'll be hard to move off the puck.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

that's a great point.

Everyone's been complaining about how much are second line sucks.

Now we've got Lang (who's lazy and sucks BUT has shown up for the playoffs every season with Detroit), a speedy guy who's supposed to be good at digging the puck out of corners, and hopefully a good powerforward in Bertuzzi.

our 2nd line now has a winger who's 6'3" and 245 lbs, and a center who's 6'3" and 220 lbs. Those are two guys who'll be hard to move off the puck.

Damn, too bad we don't have any more games at Colorado this year. If Aves fans needed another reason to hate us we just gave them a doozie.

I apologize also. You are not completely useless Kenny. I still would have prefered Guerin or Tkachuk, but there is certainly no lack of toughness with Bertuzzi. Just as long as he can remain healthy. Ok Forsburg, go put Bertuzzi in a headlock and see where that gets ya. Shiny!

Kudos to Kenny! He finally did what Joe Dumars has shown he is willing to do- admit his mistakes! He never should have signed Williams in the first place and instead used the money to get a gritty free agent winger this off season.

But he riectified the problem by dealing Williams for a useful player, created cap room for next year, and made a worthy gamble in trading for Bertuzzi. Of course we will see how it all pans out, but Kenny earned his pay this week.

Hahaha- a backhanded apology if I ever read one :lol: