• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

brutus

the official "I am sorry for doubting you Mr. Holland thread&quot

Rate this topic

Yes, thats part of it. Basically going in i viewed this team as the softest set of forwards in the league. Now is adding just Bertuzzi supposed to make them not soft now? I went into the deadline believing they needed AT LEAST 2, preferably 3, guys added who could play physical...becuase they really didnt have any going in. You cant be a soft team and expect to match up with Anaheim, Calgary, and San Jose. We got 1, Calder is certainly not physical for anyone who may suggest that. So its a step into the right direction, but certainly not enough to make a believer in Holland and say sorry for doubting you. Hell no..

Agreed- this team still has a startling lack of players who will play physical and stick up for teammates. Eventually that could be a big problem. Nowhere was this more evident than the game last night in Chicago (which I attended). Once the game was out of reach the Hawks started pounding the Wings and the Wings players wanted no part of it. Even the Hawks post-game guys commented on how the Wings just shied away from the physicality. Other teams know there is no penality for running our skill players which leaves them exposed.

Holland had all off season to address this but all he did was resign garbage like Williams, Sammy and Lilja. He should get credit for making good trades at the dealine, but he shouldn't get a complete pass for the off-season either.

Guest paveldatsukthenextsavard

f*** that, holland made some great moves this trade deadline, but that doesn't excuse his poor performance previous to that. he came through for us (finally) but up until the deadline we had every reason to doubt him

How about Johan Franzen and Kirk Maltby?

I hope you arent referring to the toughness portion of my comment and just the hitting part. No, they are not consistent hitters. Maltby hits in spurts, one or two games he'll look physical, the next 10 or 20 he wont do anything! Franzen to me, has totally lost the little edge he was playing with before. I remember seeing some pretty decent hits out of him very early in the season, but i dont think he's been physical at all since. The complete lack of interest i see from him in scrums doesnt look very good either. Now that i think about it, maybe this all coincides with being roughed up by O'donnell...who knows.