• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeyCrazy3033

Bertuzzi to be on WXYT 1270 at 5:30pm

Rate this topic

Damn! This was my next question...so, when will these guys be on Detroit radio...would've wanted to hear Babs...anyone got any more info?

I did hear Babs at the very end. He said he wasn't sure when Bert would be ready to play. He was saying he just wants him to be 100% and come back when he feels good enough to. Also, Babs was talking about how tough, in your face, and great of a player he is and that no one does what he does better than him.

Guest Agalloch

Oh. That's easy enough.

Thanks a lot. Can't wait to see what he has to say. Hopefully they ask him when he expects to play.

The only sad part about us getting Big Bert is that we are down a couple of fans now because I remember a couple of people saying they would no longer cheer for this team if he came here!!

The only sad part about us getting Big Bert is that we are down a couple of fans now because I remember a couple of people saying they would no longer cheer for this team if he came here!!

Then they aren't true fans to begin with.

I myself HATED Bert but that's because he was so tough, and such an ass to play against. Someone you'd hate to play against but would LOVE to have on your side.

I myself HATED Bert but that's because he was so tough, and such an ass to play against. Someone you'd hate to play against but would LOVE to have on your side.

I couldn't have said it better myself. We hated Chelly, look what happened.

I agree, just like Chelios was. I'm stoked we got Bert!

Bertuzzi was just on TSN:

- Happy to be with the Wings

- He met with Florida staff 3 weeks ago and it was made clear that the team would not explore re-signing him this summer. "The writing was on the wall." (What a return for Luongo, eh?)

- He is flying to Detroit tomorrow (Wednesday)

- He's not going to play right away and will take some extra time to make sure things are 100%. "It's fortunate that Detroit is where they are in the standings so there's no unnecessary rush to get in the lineup."

www.wxyt.com

just click on listen live.

Thanks.

I turned off the Toronto stations. I'm getting sick of hearing what the Canadian teams did.

Ohhhhh sweet, Kenny is coming up on the flip side of the commericals.

Man....wish I didn't have to go to class because I'd love to hear the interview......hopefully the Center Ice broadcast of the game tonight will have some interviews with the coaching staff, GMs, and new players......man I'm so pumped....this is great news to get before having to sit through a boring 2 and a half hour class!!!

- He met with Florida staff 3 weeks ago and it was made clear that the team would not explore re-signing him this summer. "The writing was on the wall." (What a return for Luongo, eh?)

- He's not going to play right away and will take some extra time to make sure things are 100%. "It's fortunate that Detroit is where they are in the standings so there's no unnecessary rush to get in the lineup."

Okay I've gone to hating Bert to loving him in a matter of an hour. I mean I was always one to think he'd be great here..but now with him being happy about this trade just makes it all the more better!

LMAO some nimrod called in to WDFN trashing Holland for making the move to Get Bert and Calder. He was saying that Calder is not better than Willie, and that Bert is going to get beat up, and injured and the Wings aren't going anywhere. He then said that the Wings need to find a GM who actually knows a little about hockey. AHAHAHA.

Edited by hockeycrazy3033

Okay I've gone to hating Bert to loving him in a matter of an hour. I mean I was always one to think he'd be great here..but now with him being happy about this trade just makes it all the more better!

its the same as when we got Chelios, you hate the guy when he is on another team, but LOVE him when he is your own. Bertuzzi is going to make a GREAT Red Wing if we can get him healthy. Now we can roll 2 lines with physical forwards, Holmstrom on #1 and Bertuzzi on #2

obvioulsy the company line..

thats exactly what he said on TSN

Picks confirmed:

- Conditional in 2007 can be a 1st if Wings reach conference finals and as high as a 2nd-rounder if Bertuzzi plays 2/3rd of the Wings games + performance.

- Conditional 2nd in 2008 if he re-signs with the Red Wings.

hank is physical too. it's not what he's known for but he's certainly been finishing his checks. it's part of why tha tline is so dangerous.

Bertuzzi is 6'3" 245 lbs. Hank doesnt weigh 200 with his gear on. There is no comparison between the physicality of these two players.

A little from the Holland interview.

On the process of getting Bertuzzi:

Holland: In the last few weeks we’ve been talking to the Panthers and talked about prices, we went back and forth over the past week or so ,and then we finally made a deal.

On when Bert will be able to play:

He’s had the team doctors from Detroit *specializing in backs* talking to the Doctors in Florida. We think he’s going to be healthy enough to play sometime in the month of March. We think he’s about 2-3 weeks away from being in the line up. He’ll be in Detroit tomorrow, and will see the team Doctor.

On whether Holland’s intentions are to re-sign him or is it just a rent a player:

He hopes that everything will work out, that he plays well, and that they develop a relationship to where Bertuzzi likes it in Detroit and will want to stay.

On Kyle Calder:

Gritty player, likes to dump and chase. Is like Homer *drives to the net, gets garbage goals* feels he’ll do really well for the Wings.

Edited by hockeycrazy3033

A little from the Holland interview.

On the process of getting Bertuzzi:

Holland: In the last few weeks we’ve been talking to the Panthers and talked about prices, we went back and forth over the past week or so ,and then we finally made a deal.

On when Bert will be able to play:

He’s had the team doctors from Detroit *specializing in backs* talking to the Doctors in Florida. We think he’s going to be healthy enough to play sometime in the month of March. We think he’s about 2-3 weeks away from being in the line up. He’ll be in Detroit tomorrow, and will see the team Doctor.

On whether Holland’s intentions are to re-sign him or is it just a rent a player:

He hopes that everything will work out, that he plays well, and that they develop a relationship to where Bertuzzi likes it in Detroit and will want to stay.

On Kyle Calder:

Gritty player, likes to dump and chase. Is like Homer *drives to the net, gets garbage goals* feels he’ll do really well for the Wings.

Awesome!

I'm glad they are putting him into the roster slowly, getting some practices in before game time.