• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

Official: Ryan Smyth dealt to Islanders

Rate this topic

You have to wonder if the Wings are upset they didn't wait longer...

It cost a first round pick and two guys who were 1st rounders. The wings wouldn't have done that. not even for him unless they could make sure he was signed but I think they want to make sure Dats is signed before they give 5.5M to someone else.

Edited by StevieY9802

I feel sorry for Smyth. I mean, he goes from such a great hockey city where everyone loves him, to... Long Island? Same with Marc-Andre Bergeron, but at least Smyth has someone he knows.

Craig MacWhiner is gonna complain to the league about these bad Wings who did this. mark my words!

I can't resist to laugh at Oilers. bunch of crybabies who'll dwell at league bottom now :D :D :D

I feel sorry for Smyth. I mean, he goes from such a great hockey city where everyone loves him, to... Long Island? Same with Marc-Andre Bergeron, but at least Smyth has someone he knows.

Indeed...

From Edmonton to Long Island is a tough move.

He won't be happy.

I bought tickets to see an Oilers game next week in Anaheim with the soul purpose of seeing Ryan Smyth play. I'm not too thrilled about this to say the least. People in Edmonton have to be pissed.

Has any fan base ever been as tourtured as Edmonton's?

Every great player they've ever had has been traded before there prime was up (Gretzky, Messier, Kurri, Pronger, Weight, Guerin, and now Smyth).

I

As much as I can't stomach the Oilers, I have to feel really sorry for their fans right now. Knowing what a huge loss it would be to the Wings to have to lose a captain, that's some B.S. out of management over there.

yah the Oiler fans don't deserve this, as obnoxious as they may be. Isles looking like total bandits again... and people were scoffing at the Snow-thinktank before the season. Even if they miss playoffs and Smyth doesn't resign, this is a HUGE accomplishment just making this deal.

Guest Crymson

NHL.com still has not confirmed the trade.

There might be deals not yet disclosed, also.

Has any fan base ever been as tourtured as Edmonton's?

Every great player they've ever had has been traded before there prime was up (Gretzky, Messier, Kurri, Pronger, Weight, Guerin, and now Smyth).

I

I love it! Edmonton fans are as spoiled as we are. I mean, look at that list of names!

Plus, I like how management didn't sell the farm for one player (albeit a good one) just because he's a fan favorite. I wonder what his contract demands were?

esteef