• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

alienanxiety

R.I.P. Eklund

Rate this topic

Mysterious hockey analyst "Eklund" passed away this afternoon, after making one to many improbable predictions. Sources say that Guerin to WIngs (E4), Roberts HAS NOT waived his no-trade clause and will become a Leaf, and finally, Smyth Re-signs (E5) caused a massive brain hemmorage in sync with cardiac arrest.

His remains are to be cremated and used to fertilize Gary Bettman's garden.

Edited by alienanxiety

You know I always realized he was a crack pot, even though getting a few trades yesterday right (a whole 10 minutes or so before made public, whoop-dedoo.) But really after today I cannot understand how anyone would even bother reading his blog let alone believe it.

It should be officially banned to start any kind of threads based on Eklund rumors. Who knows how many people here have already gone crazy wondering what he makes up next.

And those ratings are just ridiculous. e4, e5 my butt.

he's allowed to post whatever garbage he wants. I just can't believe how many people read it.

Worse, I can't believe how many people quote it here!

This is the problem. This is why I always make fun of people who actually quote the guy. Next time you want to read Eklund's latest rumor, do this:

Make up a trade in your head and post it to this thread. Then, refresh the thread and read your post.

Saves you the trouble of having to go visit another website.

he's allowed to post whatever garbage he wants. I just can't believe how many people read it.

Worse, I can't believe how many people quote it here!

Yeah, you guys have to stop posting his stuff on here. Personally, I don't read his site.

However, I'm sure it's hard for someone to pick correctly when there's 30 teams involved. All of them are intereseted in improving their team and winning the cup, so there's lots of talk going on between clubs. He just reports what he hears.

What amazes me is how often the guy is on XM's hockey channel. They love that guy for some reason.

They like listening to his idiotic and no sense trade proposals and making fun of him when he's not there. Boomer Gordon likes to make a few Eklund jokes, and I don't blame him.

Funny how everything Eklund predicted was WRONG. Everything that he said that was right was just him looking at TSN or Spectors and posting it on his own blog. Eklund is an idiot. He has no credability whatsoever.

Edited by Kp-Wings

What amazes ME is that you guys read his stuff at all. You have no place to complain how bad he is if you keep going back for more. He's a speculator just like everyone else. He just chooses to make a website about it.

What amazes ME is that you guys read his stuff at all. You have no place to complain how bad he is if you keep going back for more. He's a speculator just like everyone else. He just chooses to make a website about it.

What's funny is he's not even a good speculator.

People on this forum have a better sense for what trades are feasible or have any chance in hell at happening than Eklund does.

You know..I actually believed the punk because he ONCE got a deal right. LOL

Tuesday was the last time I'd ever go to his stupid blog. All of his 'sources' were BS.

Marty Lapointe acknowledged him last week in the pre-game saying when he wants to know about trades he goes to hockeybuzz.com. :unsure:

Edited by hockeycrazy3033

You know..I actually believed the punk because he ONCE got a deal right. LOL

Tuesday was the last time I'd ever go to his stupid blog. All of his 'sources' were BS.

Marty Lapointe acknowledged him last week in the pre-game saying when he wants to know about trades he goes to hockeybuzz.com. :unsure:

Yeah, but Marty ain't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed. ;)

What's funny is he's not even a good speculator.

People on this forum have a better sense for what trades are feasible or have any chance in hell at happening than Eklund does.

I agree Eklund is terrible, but better then your average bystander on this or any forum I don't agree with.

I mean how many times I have read something equally as silly on the threads with no backing. Or when anyone would bring up an opinion, it would be met with ill willl. Not unlike Eklund.

Truth is, people would much rather have bad information then no information. Ask the CIA about that. (haha)

Which is why both the sites got so much traffic the last weekend.

I hate to defend the ramblings of this crazy man, but I feel I must be fair.

You have to put up some bad information on the internet to get some good, because of the haste. If you wanted accuracy you would have waited until the trade deadline has passed, and maybe read it in the paper.

I am happy that TSN's feed was broadcast on NHL, and are so happy someone on this site put the link up. Otherwise I would have most definately gone insane during the deadline. :clap: