• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Sleight

Anyone Else Concerned About # Of Hasek's Starts?

Rate this topic

Looking at his stats, I noticed he's already played 44 games this season and is starting again tonight. I have been really pleased with how well he's played all season, but I just hate to see him get injured this late in the season. I knowthe Wings are currently in a tight race so every game is important, but I think Osgood should be getting some more starts.

I think Dom gets to call the shots whether he starts or not, for the most part. I'm glad he's enthusiastic.

But, yes, Ozzie needs some starts in case ...well, I won't say it. And besides that, I have him in my fantasy league.

he doesn't do back to backs and he's got some time off coming up..

they'res really no problems. if the groin goes it goes, but it's just going to be bad luck that does it, not playing too much. Hasek knows his own body better than anyone and he's not going to play unless he's ready,...

Kinda sorta.

All has gone well so far in terms of Hasek's health/groin, but I'm not going to act shocked if it blows out.

From what I have skimmed though on his workout routines (don't know the ins/outs of it), I'm fairly confident that his groin won't be much of a hassle.

Assuming he does stay healthy prior to the playoffs, I'd still be doing the same thing as usual, give him the majority of the starts, rest him on one of the games of consecutive days.

I'm more concerned about him leaving his crease like a looney as opposed to his groin keeping up right now.

Guest paveldatsukthenextsavard

does anyone else find it funny that all these most likely male posters are speculating, and expressing so much concern on the health of another dudes groin?

i'm not too concerned, if he's played this many games already and kept healthy whats a few more

Edited by paveldatsukthenextsavard

Anyone else notice last night during the 2nd period I beleive that Chicago took a shot that was deflected and Hasek quickly kicked out his leg while the puck went wide. He stayed on one knee for a couple seconds and the puck went out of play. It looked like he pulled it then FSN went to commercial. That whole commercial break I was dreading them comming back and saying Dom had been switched out.

Anyone else notice last night during the 2nd period I beleive that Chicago took a shot that was deflected and Hasek quickly kicked out his leg while the puck went wide. He stayed on one knee for a couple seconds and the puck went out of play. It looked like he pulled it then FSN went to commercial. That whole commercial break I was dreading them comming back and saying Dom had been switched out.

Dom stays down quite a bit when he feels comfotable that we have control of the puck again.

Guest Crymson

Looking at his stats, I noticed he's already played 44 games this season and is starting again tonight. I have been really pleased with how well he's played all season, but I just hate to see him get injured this late in the season. I knowthe Wings are currently in a tight race so every game is important, but I think Osgood should be getting some more starts.

In a word, no.

does anyone else find it funny that all these most likely male posters are speculating, and expressing so much concern on the health of another dudes groin?

i'm not too concerned, if he's played this many games already and kept healthy whats a few more

:lol: never thought about it that way...but that is true, not that there's anything wrong with that

Guest Don Corleone

If he slows down any more starts wise, then he could possibly get too cold and pull something. It'd be more of a risk then playing him more.

He's got more of a chance to get hurt from all the diving he does.

Guest paveldatsukthenextsavard

He's got more of a chance to get hurt from all the diving he does.

huh?

Just forget the groin. It will be just fine. He injured last year because of the olympics. Hasek had wrong pads there and they affected different way to his groins --> injury. It was just a back luck and we don't have to worry about it.

Just forget the groin. It will be just fine. He injured last year because of the olympics. Hasek had wrong pads there and they affected different way to his groins --> injury. It was just a back luck and we don't have to worry about it.

Also, I think I read somewhere that the groin injuries also had something to do with his equipment , and he fixed that in the off-season....( I think )

Also, I think I read somewhere that the groin injuries also had something to do with his equipment , and he fixed that in the off-season....( I think )

from what i recall, Olympic regulartions on pad size were different to the NHL and he couldn't play with his regular size pad, so when he went over to make a save, it put his groin in a non usual position, and therefore pulled it.

from what i recall, Olympic regulartions on pad size were different to the NHL and he couldn't play with his regular size pad, so when he went over to make a save, it put his groin in a non usual position, and therefore pulled it.

In case anyone wondered, his equipment got lost in the airline baggage and he needed to pratice before the first game if he was to start (and at the time Vokoun was 1b keeper and they were going to play one game each to start and then see who looked better and go from there), so he borrowed some assorted gear from local Italians to practice, and then he got his stuff the next day, which was the pre-11" era 12" leg pads, because he said he wanted to wear the bigger gear if they let him. On a sidenote, Vokoun said the day he borrowed the gear that HE would never do such a thing, since he was afraid of being injured. Inevitably, Vokoun also stuck with his 11" pads.

actually, he can go down any day ... just like anybody else. Does anybody keep track how many goalies got injured this year?

it was quite a few I think - Osgood, Giguere, Vokoun, Huet, Hasek (finger or what?), ....

Edited by unkempt

actually, he can go down any day ... just like anybody else. Does anybody keep track how many goalies got injured this year?

it was quite a few I think - Osgood, Giguere, Vokoun, Huet, Hasek (finger or what?), ....

Wrist. That's it for Dom so far, and one game missed due to flu, which more than half the room caught.

You're being reasonable. It won't work around here, but nice try! :lol: j/k

Biron, Burke, Dunham, Emery, Khabibulin, Kolzig, Lalime, Miller, Theodore, Thibault, Toivonen, Weekes.