• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
e_mcgrath88

Jiri Hudler

Rate this topic

A lot of speculation that Hudler would be traded on deadline day. Well, it didnt happen unfortunately. Now the question is, what role is he supposed to play on this team in the future? We're set at the centre position for many years to come with Z, Dats (once he signs of course), Filppula, and probably Grigorenko as well. Hudler cant play a checking line role either.. so what do we do with him??? He's a very talented player, but I can only see him being a top 2 line player on a weak team. It would have been nice if Kenny could have got a pick or something for him, but then again who knows how much trade value he could have possibly had....Thoughts?

Guest Crymson

A lot of speculation that Hudler would be traded on deadline day. Well, it didnt happen unfortunately. Now the question is, what role is he supposed to play on this team in the future? We're set at the centre position for many years to come with Z, Dats (once he signs of course), Filppula, and probably Grigorenko as well. Hudler cant play a checking line role either.. so what do we do with him??? He's a very talented player, but I can only see him being a top 2 line player on a weak team. It would have been nice if Kenny could have got a pick or something for him, but then again who knows how much trade value he could have possibly had....Thoughts?

He'll be a backup but, like Williams, he doesn't really fit in here.

He'll be converted to an ottoman so the normal sized players can rest their weary feet...

Are we talking about one of those nice soft ottomans? (whatever plural is for ottoman is >>Ottomaii?) Or the uncomfortable Lilja type?

Rex is a toughie. I loathe the idea of dealing him.. especially since some people say he's really got a lot of potential to him in years to come.

I don't think we'd do anything with him before seeing how Grigorenko pans out though. That's another guy's name I hear... I'm just curious what he's got.

Grigorenko is not a center. He will be playing RW/LW if/when he arrives in Detroit.

As was mentioned...I would like him to replace Lang on the 2nd line if Lang decides not to re-sign or is not re-signed by the Wings in the offseason. Though, going from someone 6-3 to some one 5-9 on a line doesn't seem to thrilling. Especially since Filppula is making it so hard for us to make a case for sending him down.

Eventually, we have to get back to having Zetterberg and Datsyuk on seperate lines. It levels the scoring out much more.

Grigorenko - Datsyuk - Bertuzzi

Samuelsson - Zetterberg - Holmstrom

Hudler - Filppula - Kopecky

Franzen - Draper - Cleary

Sorry Maltby and Lang. Unless Lang has some really good chemistry with his new linemates, I do not think he will re-sign. He is a guy who would be a number one center on half the other teams. As for Maltby, I do not wanna miss out on Hudler's potential (or Kopecky's for that matter). It's time for the youth to come up and Maltby is replaceable now with Cleary/Franzen/Datsyuk/Zetterberg/Draper/Kopecky all being able to play on the PK.

Edited by WhiteLightning91

Why does everyone hate on Hudler?

How many goals does he have in how many minutes?

Imagine what he could do with more than four min. a game. If hudler gets traded it would benifet whatever team he ends up with.

i agree with you......i love that hudler ^^

Grigorenko is not a center. He will be playing RW/LW if/when he arrives in Detroit.

As was mentioned...I would like him to replace Lang on the 2nd line if Lang decides not to re-sign or is not re-signed by the Wings in the offseason. Though, going from someone 6-3 to some one 5-9 on a line doesn't seem to thrilling. Especially since Filppula is making it so hard for us to make a case for sending him down.

Eventually, we have to get back to having Zetterberg and Datsyuk on seperate lines. It levels the scoring out much more.

Sorry Maltby and Lang. Unless Lang has some really good chemistry with his new linemates, I do not think he will re-sign. He is a guy who would be a number one center on half the other teams. As for Maltby, I do not wanna miss out on Hudler's potential (or Kopecky's for that matter). It's time for the youth to come up and Maltby is replaceable now with Cleary/Franzen/Datsyuk/Zetterberg/Draper/Kopecky all being able to play on the PK.

need to flip lines 1 and 2 for proper order

He'll be a backup but, like Williams, he doesn't really fit in here.

I don't that's proven yet. He has seen nowhere near the quality ice JWilly (R.I.P. in Chicago) has boh in minutes, PP and linemates. Having said that, all will become clear as the contract picture solidifies in the off-season.

why is unfortunate? Hudler is so underrated...he just needs to get more playing time. If he got 20 minutes a night like zetterberg he could really show what he is able to do

Kopecky is not going to be around next year

Kopecky is not going to be around next year
I bet you Kopecky will be around before Hudler is. As a matter of fact, if Kopecky wouldnt have gotten hurt he'd be in the line-up much more than Hudler (as was the case before he was injured).