• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
e_mcgrath88

Jiri Hudler

Rate this topic

Grigorenko is not a center. He will be playing RW/LW if/when he arrives in Detroit.

As was mentioned...I would like him to replace Lang on the 2nd line if Lang decides not to re-sign or is not re-signed by the Wings in the offseason. Though, going from someone 6-3 to some one 5-9 on a line doesn't seem to thrilling. Especially since Filppula is making it so hard for us to make a case for sending him down.

Eventually, we have to get back to having Zetterberg and Datsyuk on seperate lines. It levels the scoring out much more.

Grigorenko - Datsyuk - Bertuzzi

Samuelsson - Zetterberg - Holmstrom

Hudler - Filppula - Kopecky

Franzen - Draper - Cleary

Sorry Maltby and Lang. Unless Lang has some really good chemistry with his new linemates, I do not think he will re-sign. He is a guy who would be a number one center on half the other teams. As for Maltby, I do not wanna miss out on Hudler's potential (or Kopecky's for that matter). It's time for the youth to come up and Maltby is replaceable now with Cleary/Franzen/Datsyuk/Zetterberg/Draper/Kopecky all being able to play on the PK.

I wonder that many people do not like Hudler on this site, although his production has been solid this year taking into consideration his ice time and playing on 4th line with guys like Langfeld.

On the other hand, some poeple have in dvnce reserved a place on the 1st line for Grigorenko, a guy who plays worse than before his car crash and plays nothing special in the Russian league, although his solid though.

Grigorenko will NOT step straight onto the first line of the Detroit Red Wings in his first pro season in North America. That's like all these people dreaming that Liv would challenge for our #2 spot right off the plane. It's a pipe dream, people. Let it go.

For what it's worth, here's my pointless conjecture on the topic. I figure Hudler's future in the organization depends on a few factors:

1) Whether or not we re-sign Calder/Bertuzzi past the end of this year.

2) How Cleary and Sammy produce for the remainder of this season and into the next.

3) What the organization decides to do with Johan Franzen, to leave him as a grinder or turn him into a scorer.

If we drop a winger or two, and Sammy/Cleary show an inability to produce offensively, Huds may have a spot as a second-line forward, depending on if we leave Z and Pavel together. The likelihood of the Wings front office letting the offense get that depleted is pretty low, though, so he'll most likely end up dealt or released. He can't muck around on our lower lines because he's got enough skill that he deserves better, but he's too one-dimensional to serve full-time as a top six forward on an elite team, so he's really in limbo.

Personally, I like the guy. He's feisty and a good shooter. I'd like to see him develop quicker feet and a better defensive consciousness, and mature into a legitimate top-six guy. He'll never lay people out or manage a point-per-game pace, but I bet he makes somebody happy as a 35-50 point guy somewhere down the road.

Edited by Feldmarschall

why is unfortunate? Hudler is so underrated...he just needs to get more playing time. If he got 20 minutes a night like zetterberg he could really show what he is able to do

Kopecky is not going to be around next year

Why is it unfortuante?? because he probably could have landed us a pick to replace the one we lost in the Bertuzzi deal.. Hudler is pure offense, and if you want to fit in to this system you have to be able to play 2 way hockey. Kopecky has a role to play on this team in the future, he has tremendous skating ability and is a physical guy..so no he will not be gone in the summer...

If he ate a few burgers over the off-season and learned to skate on stilts...

Don't think he has much chance of making an impact on the Detroit roster though (at least while Babs is coach)...shame because he has so much potential.

cheers.

Edited by Bruce Campbell

Hudler does have a lot of potential, however, we already have a lot of players that are almost as young and have the same skills that he has, however, their skills are a little better and also have a little bit more size on Hudler. I'd say trade him if all the other players stay put.

No we don't.

Hudler is one of the most skilled guys in the entire Red Wings organization. The only guys I'd put firmly ahead of him are Datsyuk and Zetterberg. Yes, he's small. Yes, he's not fleet of foot. But his hockey sense, vision, patience, and puck skills are up near the very top of the chart. Give him time, steady linemates that fit with him, and watch out.

I'd be willing to let Datsyuk and Lang go, roll with Zetterberg, Hudler and Filipula. Then depending on how Bert does, re-sign him along with Calder, perhaps trade Samuelsson for picks and more cap room, and the team gets younger, bigger and faster.

I'd be willing to let Datsyuk and Lang go, roll with Zetterberg, Hudler and Filipula. Then depending on how Bert does, re-sign him along with Calder, perhaps trade Samuelsson for picks and more cap room, and the team gets younger, bigger and faster.

There's your key right there. Huds is an insurance policy against Dats. If Pavel puts the screws to us yet again, you toss Hudler in there and hope for the best.

There's your key right there. Huds is an insurance policy against Dats. If Pavel puts the screws to us yet again, you toss Hudler in there and hope for the best.
There is not one aspect of Hudler's game that would compensate for the loss of Datsyuk...Detroit has no one in their system that can. You let Datsyuk walk and you better be going the UFA or trade route this summer to replace him. Just saying this.....

I'd be willing to let Datsyuk and Lang go, roll with Zetterberg, Hudler and Filipula.

....is going out the world backwards.

There is not one aspect of Hudler's game that would compensate for the loss of Datsyuk...Detroit has no one in their system that can. You let Datsyuk walk and you better be going the UFA or trade route this summer to replace him. Just saying this.....

....is going out the world backwards.

No one is irreplaceable. Not even Datsyuk. The Wings will be a different team once he leaves town, but if Dats decides he is worth more than around 6 mil. I guess that Holland will let him go - if the former doesnt shine in the playoffs, that is.

Edited by unkempt

Sorry Maltby and Lang. Unless Lang has some really good chemistry with his new linemates, I do not think he will re-sign. He is a guy who would be a number one center on half the other teams. As for Maltby, I do not wanna miss out on Hudler's potential (or Kopecky's for that matter). It's time for the youth to come up and Maltby is replaceable now with Cleary/Franzen/Datsyuk/Zetterberg/Draper/Kopecky all being able to play on the PK.

You mention possible chemistry between Lang and his new linemates, but what about Maltby? He certainly has chemistry with Draper, and I'd hate to break that up more than Lang's chemistry.

Edited by Manny4Prez