• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HOFFDOGG

Any Speculation on Bert in the lineup.

Rate this topic

If his hernia is fully healthy (I'm not entirely sure), my guess would be Friday's game, absoluetly no later than Sunday's game.

Assuming it is healthy, I doubt he'd be playing tonight. The trade was finalized early this afternoon, he might be in Chicago for the game tonight but it's just too much of a hassel to get the jersey created, get him playing with new linemates without some practice, and all that jazz.

I'm looking forward to see how he performs soon.

If his hernia is fully healthy (I'm not entirely sure), my guess would be Friday's game, absoluetly no later than Sunday's game.

Assuming it is healthy, I doubt he'd be playing tonight. The trade was finalized early this afternoon, he might be in Chicago for the game tonight but it's just too much of a hassel to get the jersey created, get him playing with new linemates without some practice, and all that jazz.

I'm looking forward to see how he performs soon.

who are you talking about? bertuzzi is out for at least a couple more weeks...

who are you talking about? bertuzzi is out for at least a couple more weeks...

My bad, I didn't know, was just guessing. All the trade stuff has been impossible to keep up with and work's been nuts so I'm pretty out of the loop right now in terms of hockey talk. Thanks for correcting me.

Holland said on the radio today that it would be mid-March at the earliest. He's going to get a long walkthough with team doctors this week and they'll take their time with him before he returns to the ice.

At this point there's no reason to rush him.

Bertuzzi back problems this season stemmed from a herniated disk in his lower back. When anti-inflammatory shots failed to dull the pain he elected to undergo a microdiscectomy remove the bulging disk on Nov. 3rd. Normal recovery time is only 2-6 weeks, but it would take longer before one engages in physical contact. Bertuzzi had a few full practices with the Panthers during the first week of February, but a 'setback meant that he wouldn't return to the ice before the trading deadline. As others have mentioned the Wings will take their time and are aiming for a late March return.

References:

Globe Sports: Todd Bertuzzi Profile

Herniated disk: Treatment - MayoClinic.com

Bertuzzi's return delayed by rehab 'setback'

I say a couple of weeks. He'll want to see action before the playoffs and he even said in an interview on TSN today that neither he nor the Wings are in a rush to get him back out there.