• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Lou_Siffer

Dre Bly for Tatum Bell?

Rate this topic

I hope you're right. It'd be nice if the Bears weren't so good, just to have an easier division, although I have the ugly feeling that if the Bears crap out, the Vikings take over and that's no good at all. I do have a soft spot for Jones, as he is a product of UVA, and I'm very happy to see him get a backfield all his own.

Thomas Jones was mislabeled (by me included) as a bust when he was in Az. Nobody has been able to do anything behind their line...even James. He looked real good in Chicago...i just dont understand this move. And its not like they really made out either, all they did was swap 2nd rounders! I would have to think they couldve gotten a good bit more trading Benson. i really feel like he'll end up struggling...something about him smells of bust. Minnesota i dont really know about because they have NO QB right now. If they go with Tavarus Jackson theyll be lucky to win 2 games. I still think they'll end up with Brady Quinn, and if he starts right out the gate they wont contend for division. Believe it or not, Green Bay actually seems to have the inside track! (which is pretty pathetic..)

Notice my omission of the Lions. In any other year...i wouldve made a claim that thy could take the division. This year im trying something different and just keeping my trap shut :D

Mark it down, Chicago trading Thomas Jones to the Jets will go down as the worst move of the year. I do not like Benson whatsoever as the full time starter, theyre gonna regret this big time imo. I wouldve traded Benson. This combined with the usual year after Super Bowl letdown, i see the Bears falling back to 8-8 at this point.

I've never been impressed with Benson either. The one saving grace that Chicago has is they play in the worst division in the NFL.

Lance Briggs, Chicago's pro-bowl linebacker, could also be gone. They franchised him, but he could force a trade.

***MEGA RUMOR***

OK disclaimer first: basically this is like from my brother's friend's girlfriend's aunt's grandfather's cousin who knows a guy at the gas station who is next door neighbors with the guy who delivers Matt Millen's newspaper. Actually it's from a Lions board of unknown reliability. Sometimes up, sometimes down. BUT: I post it here because, if it comes true, I will do the happy dance of joy for weeks:

Atlanta would trade for our #2 pick overall and in return we'd get: their #10 overall pick, their 3rd rounder, their 2008 2nd rounder, and.....wait for it......here it comes, this is the good part.......Matt Schaub.

Whaddaya think? Bulls***? Probably, but still.

***MEGA RUMOR***

OK disclaimer first: basically this is like from my brother's friend's girlfriend's aunt's grandfather's cousin who knows a guy at the gas station who is next door neighbors with the guy who delivers Matt Millen's newspaper. Actually it's from a Lions board of unknown reliability. Sometimes up, sometimes down. BUT: I post it here because, if it comes true, I will do the happy dance of joy for weeks:

Atlanta would trade for our #2 pick overall and in return we'd get: their #10 overall pick, their 3rd rounder, their 2008 2nd rounder, and.....wait for it......here it comes, this is the good part.......Matt Schaub.

OMG...the rumor alone makes me happy!!!! but man...too good to be true...

***MEGA RUMOR***

On one hand, it makes sense, because Atlanta definitely wants to draft a receiver, and Calvin Johnson is supposedly the best bet in a long time.

On the other hand, Atlanta has said for awhile that they won't trade Schaub.

Yes, please!

Who the heck does Atlanta want so bad? Johnson? Peterson?

Yes, please!

Who the heck does Atlanta want so bad? Johnson? Peterson?

I think they want Johnson, and if they don't trade up to get him, Tampa will definitely draft him at #4.

Yes, I believe Calvin Johnson is what they're after. He won't fall to 10th. Theory being that Vick needs someone besides Crumpler to throw to, plus, local hero.

Don't tell anyone, but Atlanta is following the exact same methodology that Millen used when drafting 3 straight receivers in the 1st round. They drafted Roddy White in 2005 and Michael Jenkins in 2004, now they're looking to draft another receiver to try and salvage Vick.

***MEGA RUMOR***

OMG!!! Don't tease me like that! I WOULD LOVE SCHAUB

I think they want Johnson, and if they don't trade up to get him, Tampa will definitely draft him at #4.

Oh, there's no chance in hell that he'll make it past Tampa. Johnson will go #1 or #4, no doubt. Cleveland obviously doesn't have an interest, and there are minute rumblings that if Kevin Curtis falls through the Lions may entertain thoughts of taking Johnson. (I don't believe it -- though I think he'll be a BEAST in the NFL -- it looks like a smokescreen.)

***MEGA RUMOR***

The fact that the deal seems to make sense with all the extra picks coming Detroit's way makes me think theres at least a little credibility behind it and not just some guy making s*** up. I'd love this move! A few weeks ago i'd have said no way would we do this, but after seeing the Bly trade go down it makes you think anythings possible and Millen is looking to wheel and deal. Probably figures hey if im goin' down, im goin down swingin'!

Just said on ESPN Bly wants to be traded from Denver...what a joke! By the way when is the draft?

April 28-29. The equivalent to the Super Bowl for Lion fans :lol:

***MEGA RUMOR***

that same rumor has been floating around for the Browns as well FWIW......

Good, that means it's corroborated somewhat and there's some truth to it. I don't expect all those picks to be part of the deal.....that would be really stupid on ATL's part. I'd even be happy with our first for their first + Schaub.

As for Dre Bly, PFW had this to say (paraphrased): The fact that Bly wanted to go to perennial loser Washington for a new contract rather than perennial winner Denver highlights exactly the type of player Marinelli is trying to rid the Lions of in the first place.

Good, that means it's corroborated somewhat and there's some truth to it. I don't expect all those picks to be part of the deal.....that would be really stupid on ATL's part. I'd even be happy with our first for their first + Schaub.

As for Dre Bly, PFW had this to say (paraphrased): The fact that Bly wanted to go to perennial loser Washington for a new contract rather than perennial winner Denver highlights exactly the type of player Marinelli is trying to rid the Lions of in the first place.

Thats right on. I never did like Bly...the only reason why he was on the Pro Bowl is b/c he played for Detroit.

Now that the Browns have signed Jamal Lewis, it really makes you think this deal with Atlanta could go down. Peterson was a shoe-in for Cleveland, now theyve went with an alternative...seems like their plan has shifted. Unless they intend on taking Quinn or Russell...but i just dont think so.

But the Falcons have signed Joe Horn.....so you have to wonder now if they covet a WR (Johnson) as badly as they did before.

I thought of that, but Joe Horn is getting up there and Atl basically has no one else aside from Crumpler. Having Johnson and Horn makes sense looking at it from the mentor aspect as well as them just being a great duo.

I thought of that, but Joe Horn is getting up there and Atl basically has no one else aside from Crumpler. Having Johnson and Horn makes sense looking at it from the mentor aspect as well as them just being a great duo.

Yeah.....Horn could learn a lot from Johnson about how a professional conducts himself.

Also cant forget Atl has former Louisville coach Bobby Petrino now, you know he'll be looking to use more of a high powered aerial assault than the Falcons have been used to under Mora.

Also cant forget Atl has former Louisville coach Bobby Petrino now, you know he'll be looking to use more of a high powered aerial assault than the Falcons have been used to under Mora.

Too bad they don't have a QB to for an aerial assault offense.