Sign in to follow this  
Sleight

What Are We Looking At This Off-season?

Rate this topic

This is how I wanna see it next year...

Grigorenko - Datsyuk - Bertuzzi

UFA - Zetterberg(2.7) - Holmstrom(2.25)

Hudler - Filppula(850K) - Kopecky

Franzen(900K) - Draper(2.128) - Cleary(675K)

(Samuelsson(1.2))

Lidstrom(7.6) - Kronwall(1.5)

Kindl - Markov

Lebda(550K) - Chelios

(Lilja(1.0))

I'm not gonna get into goalies for now. All I know is that Ozzy is signed for next year at 800K.

I just do not see Robert Lang wanting to re-sign here. He could be a #1 center on many other teams and is nearing the end of his career. Why spend the last couple years on a 3rd line when you can be on the #1 elsewhere?

I do not think we will re-sign Maltby. He is not what he used to be and is showing that he has lost a step since the lockout. He is still a great PK'er but with guys like Draper/Franzen/Cleary/Kopecky/Datsyuk/Zetterberg able to kill penalties, he is unfortunately replaceable.

Samuelsson is going to have to make a pretty good case in the playoffs this year to prove to me why we should put him in the line-up instead of Kopecky. I wanna see what Kopecky can do and he was really growing on me before his injury. I think with more confidence he could be a decent physical player for us. Needs to add a few pounds still.

On defense I hope to see Chelios and Markov back again. Chelios really has proven he is still very much able to play. I wanna see Kindl in the line-up as well. They said he almost made it out of camp this year but with Lebda and Lilja already on the squad, there was no place to put him. He is having himself a damn fine year and has proven to be looked at as a big part of the future of this team. Evidence would be the fact that he was a definite No-No when it came to any trades this year.

I would like to see another winger signed by us in the offseason as well as Bertuzzi. Preferably another physical/power forward type. (In no order) Scott Hartnell, Jamal Mayers, Todd Fedoruk or Ruslan Fedotenko are the kind I wanna see.

If Chelios decides to call it a career, I wanna see a big/physical defenseman take his spot. Preferably Sheldon Souray, Chris Phillips or Cory Sarich.

Not knowing what the cap will be next year makes it difficult to put salaries to each player we would sign. We have approx. $22.153M spent on 12 players next season.

We could really be a solid team if we get one more big/physical forward and defenseman. Goaltending is going to be the only question mark.

Edited by WhiteLightning91