• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

dustin35

who will be not dressed once sam is back ?

Rate this topic

When Zeta is back --> Hussey out.

When Sammy is back --> Ellis out.

When Tuzzi is back --> Langfeld out.

When Cleary is back --> Hudler out.

That's the order about the replacements.

Edited by Henkka

Guest Crymson

Langfield and Hudler

It is a forgone conclusion that Langfeld will not be on the roster once somebody returns. However, once Cleary, Samuelsson and Bertuzzi are healthy, two will go. Langfeld will be one of them. The other one won't be Filpulla. Draw your own conclusions.

Hudler.

I'm considering this due to Filppula playing nearly 2 minutes more per game then Hudler. It's very evident that Hudler will be gone, and it's very unfortunate. I'd love to undress Zetterberg though. Wow, I'm ***.

The lines could look like this:

LW Datsyuk C Zetterberg RW Holmstrom

LW Calder C Lang RW Bertuzzi

LW Maltby C Draper RW Franzen

LW Cleary C Filppula RW Samuelsson

When thinking about the lines once everyone is fit and firing, that's what I came up with too.

That's an incredibly strong set of forwards, and when your 4th line winger has scored a hat trick you know you're in good shape. :thumbup:

Guest Crymson

When thinking about the lines once everyone is fit and firing, that's what I came up with too.

That's an incredibly strong set of forwards, and when your 4th line winger has scored a hat trick you know you're in good shape. :thumbup:

Franzen will not play on the checking line anymore. I predict Samuelsson will play with Maltby and Draper. Franzen will line with either Filpulla and Cleary or Lang and Bertuzzi.

Edit: when we have this much depth, 4th line will no longer mean anything. All lines will get equal playing time, which the 4th line does not get right now. A 4th line is only a "4th line" if it's really just there to fill up space on the ice.

Example: The Grind Line in 2002 was the fourth line. Were they really a 'fourth line'? No.

Edited by Crymson

I gotta feeling that when Bert comes in he'll be on the top line. Homer will be used more as a powerplay guy and 2nd liner, will be interesting

to see how the line's pan out when everyone is healthy and Babs may see it different than the rest of us. Will he split up Hank and Dats ?

Guest Crymson

I gotta feeling that when Bert comes in he'll be on the top line. Homer will be used more as a powerplay guy and 2nd liner, will be interesting

to see how the line's pan out when everyone is healthy and Babs may see it different than the rest of us. Will he split up Hank and Dats ?

I think that it would take a great degree of ineptitude for a coach to break up the top line in the NHL. I do not think that many people here realize just how much of a phenom this line is. It is this way because of good chemistry. Do not assume that you will make it better by adding a shiny new player to it.

I say the odds of Babcock breaking up our top line are about one in ten thousand. I spot the odds of Babcock splitting up Hank and Pavel at about one in fifty thousand.

EDIT: You're a Preds fan.. no wonder. No offense on this--you just haven't been watching Homer, Hank and Dats play all year, and haven't seen how they've done together, in pairs, or all on their own. Of the latter two, the former was only above average, while the latter was extraordinarily ugly.

Edited by Crymson

He won't be sent back to GR. He just won't play. I'm sure he'll be around just in case.

Right on. We would lose Rex on waivers because he can't be sent down w/o clearing. I wonder if he'll become a trade bait at some point, Kopecky will also be back eventually fighting for a roster spot.

Guest GodofHockeyStevieY19

Hopefully Langfeld. He might be a productive, solid AHL player. But as for the NHL, hes showing us nothing. Seinfeld better be the one heading back to the gr. Im definitely stoked to get Sammy back soon. This team is gonna get better and better. The rich get richer baby.

I think that it would take a great degree of ineptitude for a coach to break up the top line in the NHL. I do not think that many people here realize just how much of a phenom this line is. It is this way because of good chemistry. Do not assume that you will make it better by adding a shiny new player to it.

I say the odds of Babcock breaking up our top line are about one in ten thousand. I spot the odds of Babcock splitting up Hank and Pavel at about one in fifty thousand.

EDIT: You're a Preds fan.. no wonder. No offense on this--you just haven't been watching Homer, Hank and Dats play all year, and haven't seen how they've done together, in pairs, or all on their own. Of the latter two, the former was only above average, while the latter was extraordinarily ugly.

Please do not jump to conclusion's over one's Log in name Crymson, I am a Redwing fan for the past 20+ years. I play for my local team which are called the Predators, hence my login name. Yes you do make some valid point's about our

top line's current form, but never try to pre- guess what a coach may or maynot do or have you forgotten Scotty's method's already? I know that circumstance's have intervened, but would you have bet that Filppula would by playing

on the top line this year? I'll have $5 with you on the 10'000-1 topline split before the playoffs start thou :D

Do you guys really think they'll sit Hudler to rot on the bench or even waive him? No, they'll send Filp down for some topline minutes in the AHL until someone's injured and a spot opens up. They'll probably leave Kopecky on IR until the end of the season without worrying about waiving/sitting him.

It's not exactly the best thing, but I don't think they'll let Hudler rot on the bench when they could have him playing and Filp playing(just in the AHL). Some time in the AHL to dominate for Filp won't do any bad.