Photo
- - - - -

who will be not dressed once sam is back ?

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#41 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 04:34 PM

I gotta feeling that when Bert comes in he'll be on the top line. Homer will be used more as a powerplay guy and 2nd liner, will be interesting
to see how the line's pan out when everyone is healthy and Babs may see it different than the rest of us. Will he split up Hank and Dats ?
"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#42 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE(Andy Pred 48 @ March 1, 2007 - 02:34PM) View Post

I gotta feeling that when Bert comes in he'll be on the top line. Homer will be used more as a powerplay guy and 2nd liner, will be interesting
to see how the line's pan out when everyone is healthy and Babs may see it different than the rest of us. Will he split up Hank and Dats ?

I think that it would take a great degree of ineptitude for a coach to break up the top line in the NHL. I do not think that many people here realize just how much of a phenom this line is. It is this way because of good chemistry. Do not assume that you will make it better by adding a shiny new player to it.

I say the odds of Babcock breaking up our top line are about one in ten thousand. I spot the odds of Babcock splitting up Hank and Pavel at about one in fifty thousand.

EDIT: You're a Preds fan.. no wonder. No offense on this--you just haven't been watching Homer, Hank and Dats play all year, and haven't seen how they've done together, in pairs, or all on their own. Of the latter two, the former was only above average, while the latter was extraordinarily ugly.

Edited by Crymson, 01 March 2007 - 07:13 PM.

#43 FinWing

FinWing

Vaasa red & white

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 07:21 PM

QUOTE(hockeycrazy3033 @ March 1, 2007 - 02:34AM) View Post

He won't be sent back to GR. He just won't play. I'm sure he'll be around just in case.

Right on. We would lose Rex on waivers because he can't be sent down w/o clearing. I wonder if he'll become a trade bait at some point, Kopecky will also be back eventually fighting for a roster spot.
Thank You TeeMan

#44 clutchngrab

clutchngrab

clutchngrab

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 07:26 PM

Once sam is back I refuse to ever dress again.
Are you kidding? Block you? And miss watching you stumble around the forum looking for an argument like a dog sniffing butts? It would be like turning off a bad episode of Jerry Springer. You know you shouldn't be watching, but you just... can't... help... it...

#45 GodofHockeyStevieY19

GodofHockeyStevieY19

Mr. Detroit

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 07:30 PM

Hopefully Langfeld. He might be a productive, solid AHL player. But as for the NHL, hes showing us nothing. Seinfeld better be the one heading back to the gr. Im definitely stoked to get Sammy back soon. This team is gonna get better and better. The rich get richer baby.

#46 Wingsfan72

Wingsfan72

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE(dustin35 @ February 28, 2007 - 01:39AM) View Post

i hope not huds but i'm thinking it will be him.

what do you all think

Hussey

If I die tell my wife I said, "Hello".

#47 HenrikRules40

HenrikRules40

I'm not a puck bunny.

• HoF Booster
  • 5,727 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 08:30 PM

QUOTE(clutchngrab @ March 1, 2007 - 08:26PM) View Post

Once sam is back I refuse to ever dress again.

laugh.gif

#48 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 03:05 AM

QUOTE(Crymson @ March 1, 2007 - 07:12PM) View Post

I think that it would take a great degree of ineptitude for a coach to break up the top line in the NHL. I do not think that many people here realize just how much of a phenom this line is. It is this way because of good chemistry. Do not assume that you will make it better by adding a shiny new player to it.
I say the odds of Babcock breaking up our top line are about one in ten thousand. I spot the odds of Babcock splitting up Hank and Pavel at about one in fifty thousand.

EDIT: You're a Preds fan.. no wonder. No offense on this--you just haven't been watching Homer, Hank and Dats play all year, and haven't seen how they've done together, in pairs, or all on their own. Of the latter two, the former was only above average, while the latter was extraordinarily ugly.

Please do not jump to conclusion's over one's Log in name Crymson, I am a Redwing fan for the past 20+ years. I play for my local team which are called the Predators, hence my login name. Yes you do make some valid point's about our
top line's current form, but never try to pre- guess what a coach may or maynot do or have you forgotten Scotty's method's already? I know that circumstance's have intervened, but would you have bet that Filppula would by playing
on the top line this year? I'll have $5 with you on the 10'000-1 topline split before the playoffs start thou biggrin.gif
"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#49 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 06:51 AM

Top line's only the top line until they have a bad night... then Mike starts pulling names out of a hat until something sticks. wink.gif

We may yet see Todd with the dynamic duo...
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#50 arin

arin

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 07:16 AM

Do you guys really think they'll sit Hudler to rot on the bench or even waive him? No, they'll send Filp down for some topline minutes in the AHL until someone's injured and a spot opens up. They'll probably leave Kopecky on IR until the end of the season without worrying about waiving/sitting him.

It's not exactly the best thing, but I don't think they'll let Hudler rot on the bench when they could have him playing and Filp playing(just in the AHL). Some time in the AHL to dominate for Filp won't do any bad.

#51 Henkka

Henkka

Finnish Wing

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 07:44 AM

No, Filppula is too good player not to play at the Wings. If someone has to sit, it's Hudler.
user posted imageuser posted image

#52 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 11:59 AM

QUOTE(Andy Pred 48 @ March 2, 2007 - 01:05AM) View Post

Please do not jump to conclusion's over one's Log in name Crymson, I am a Redwing fan for the past 20+ years. I play for my local team which are called the Predators, hence my login name. Yes you do make some valid point's about our
top line's current form, but never try to pre- guess what a coach may or maynot do or have you forgotten Scotty's method's already? I know that circumstance's have intervened, but would you have bet that Filppula would by playing
on the top line this year? I'll have $5 with you on the 10'000-1 topline split before the playoffs start thou biggrin.gif

Roger that. My apologies.

Agreed on potential for line changes. I merely attempted to point out that Babcock will not break up that line from the get-go in order to dump Bert onto it.

I like Filpulla, but he's playing on the top line because Zetterberg is injured and because he has potential. He doesn't produce as well as Z, though that is to be expected, of course.

I will need to lower the odds if you actually want to take this bet. Say we change them from 1:10,000 to 10:1?

#53 Inultus

Inultus

Slush ****

• PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 12:58 PM

There is no way Babcock will break up the first line. He will add Bert to the second line so that we have more scoring depth. End of discussion.
"It's been six years since we won the Cup. That's too long." -Nick Lidstrom

"my message is simple: The next time anyone runs any of our guys in a way that shouldn't be done, then a message will be sent. I'm not going to go out and run your skill guys, your superstars. I'm going to go right to the guy (who did it), and fair justice is fair justice." -Downey

#54 arin

arin

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 02:42 PM

Some of you guys need to tone your man-love for Filp down. He's doing AWESOME, but Hudler is just as good or better.

#55 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 03:20 PM

It is going to be Jiri (REX) or Sam.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.