• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Tunbo Batman

How badly can you misspell hockey names?

Rate this topic

Guest Tunbo Batman

For example :

Mortyn Byrodyr, my favorite.

other examples include but are not limited to : Kolyakvo, Radvwayavick, and the Edmintun Oylurz.

expand.

Federov. Brenden Shannahan. Samuellson. Zetterburg.

Also, people in North America have misunderstood Franzen's name. IMO, you should pronounce it like "Frawn seyn" in English, not "Fransen".

Edited by Systemfel

Also, I remember Flipula being mentioned before the season started.

I remember seeing it too...I actually might have been the one to post that. :hehe:

On a seperate but related note, we can all thank Tunbo Batman for his interpretation of the Phoenix Coyotes:

Feeniks Quayotiiz

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=40609

Edit: I just noticed that Tunbo Batman was the one to start this thread. I'm beginning to see a pattern here...

Edited by Manny4Prez

I remember watching VS when the wings were on last time and they called #40 Zetterberger and Zetterman all within the space of 2 mins, hilarious! :)

Ah yes, VS, high quality broadcasting there for sure! :lol:

How Datysuk, or Daytsuik, or Dastyuk, or...ahh you get the point...

For example :

Mortyn Byrodyr, my favorite.

other examples include but are not limited to : Kolyakvo, Radvwayavick, and the Edmintun Oylurz.

expand.

hey they were prob raised on phonics. it teaches you to spell stuff how it sounds. don't make fun. I can remember when my son was in 1st or 2nd grade i would help him do his homework and when he would spell stuff thats how he would do it...i use to get so frustrated untill i learned thats how they do it.

hey they were prob raised on phonics. it teaches you to spell stuff how it sounds. don't make fun. I can remember when my son was in 1st or 2nd grade i would help him do his homework and when he would spell stuff thats how he would do it...i use to get so frustrated untill i learned thats how they do it.

Except if they're old enough and internet savvy enough to post messages on a fan forum, then they can surely figure out how to look up a player's name.

It's not the misspellings that drive me nuts as much as the laziness. People typing things they know are wrong, they even say in their message that they know it is wrong, yet expect us to read and try and translate their message.

Except if they're old enough and internet savvy enough to post messages on a fan forum, then they can surely figure out how to look up a player's name.

It's not the misspellings that drive me nuts as much as the laziness. People typing things they know are wrong, they even say in their message that they know it is wrong, yet expect us to read and try and translate their message.

this is true=)

In the past week I've seen: Datsook, Foresburgh, Kaldar, Hoodlur, Frahntsen (Franzen), Lindstrom, Mikkey Rendman, Matthew Shnider, Bill Garin, and Dom Hashik. ...I'm dead honest about those too, I hope those people werent serious :crazy:

I had to use phonics.

I like to think I turned out alright.

This totally reminds me of a poster that types the word "some1" rather than "someone".

I wonder if he/she realizes it probably takes longer to move your entire hand to hit the "1" key rather than just typing the word "one"?

Regardless, lazy..........and annoying.

Chris Draper, Michael Samuelsson, Zetterburg, Fillpula, Nicholas Kronwall.

:rolleyes:

And speaking of miss spelled names check this out guys.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=page&am...layerId=8468509

:crazy::crazy::crazy:

Who the hell is Kronvall

Don't quote me on this, but I believe that's how Kronwall is pronounced in Swedish. Thus, why NHL.com has it written that way. I've seen Kronwall spelled that way elsewhere.

Cue NN or Turretin to clear things up...........

Don't quote me on this, but I believe that's how Kronwall is pronounced in Swedish. Thus, why NHL.com has it written that way. I've seen Kronwall spelled that way elsewhere.

Cue NN or Turretin to clear things up...........

Yeah, It is pronounced Kronvall but, on his jersey it says Kronwall. I was a bit confused :huh:

Guest paveldatsukthenextsavard

Ah yes, VS, high quality broadcasting there for sure! :lol:

How Datysuk, or Daytsuik, or Dastyuk, or...ahh you get the point...

don't forget datsuk

Let's see...

Nicholas Lindstrom

Thomas Homstrum

Dominick Hasheck

Nikoleye Habbibbullen

Matthew Shnyder

Nick Kornwall

Yaromeer Yagger

I think Tomas Holmstrom is one of the most common. Everybody seems to be convinced that it's Thomas!

This isn't misspelling, but how about Yzerman? How many people outside of hockey can pronounce his name? Not many that I've met.